It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC Polling - corrupt as Trump says or is Trump wrong?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Whether we think the polls are accurate or not, there is no doubt that the candidates are using them to make claims about their popularity.
Cruz, ahead nationally in one poll out of the last 100 has used it to claim that he is the new front runner!

That poll was run by NBC/WSJ - an organisation that has been caught manipulating poll results in the past.

Here are the current Feb polls for the national picture in the GOP

What's going on here with this NBC poll? Are all the others wrong? Is it a genuine sampling error or is it deliberatley skewed? To use it to claim front runner status is quite dishonest of Cruz on the face of it.

Looking further at NBC, here is what they cme up with for the Feb SC poll: Again, they are very different to everyone else...

What do you think? Is Trump right that some powerful people are trying to mislead the American people, or is this just more bluster from him to deflect away from any chinks in his armour?

edit on 19/2/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The MSM has always picked their favorites and tweaked poll results in their favor and down played the others. Despite being one of the Elite, Trump seems to be making some powerful people nervous.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Is Trump right that some powerful people are trying to mislead the American people, or is this just more bluster from him to deflect away from any chinks in his armour?

There are definitely some powerful people trying to get Trump out of the race. But I don't think it's NBC or any other media outlet. The people who want Donald out are members of the Republican party and the RNC (and probably some in the DNC as well.

Polls are not to be trusted implicitly. It depends on the number of respondents, how the question is asked and where the poll is taken. I wouldn't take these polls to mean much of anything. Trump is leading. Cruz is popular with religious people.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

There are two sides to the Poll coin:

Either you trust the polls in which case, Clearly Trump is the front runner by any margin and one poll not saying so is clearly the fluke poll.

OR You think all polls are nonsense and one poll being different than the other is just validation of the fact they are nonsense.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how ANYONE can say "The Polls are all wrong EXCEPT this particular Poll" is beyond ridiculous. EITHER side of the coin, the one wrong poll is thrown out, UNLESS you are being dishonest.
edit on 2/19/2016 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Could it not be that Trump supporters flood the polls and just forgot to add NBC to their list?

What does NBC gain from fixing the polls?

I don't watch NBC we only get Fox & CNN in the UK.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Do they pull numbers around to change public opinion, via bangwagon effect?

Or

Do they pull poll numbers around to match what decided outcome via voting machines is going to be.

Out of the field I'd guess trump is who they want last, Everyone else can be bought. Rubio might be a robot lol.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

The NBC/WSJ poll was conducted Feb. 14-16 of 800 registered voters (which has a margin of error of plus-minus 3.5 percentage points) and 400 GOP primary voters (which has a margin of error of plus-minus 4.9 percentage points).

From the NBC Poll Referenced Above

I find it hard to take polls seriously when the sample sizes are so small. I think it creates a misconception on public opinion.

What's the Matter with Polling?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Trump is leading. Cruz is popular with religious people.

actually to be fair, more religious people and big name pastors have endorsed Trump than Cruz, including Jerry Falwell

If were looking at facts
edit on 2/19/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The media is corrupt. The politicians are corrupt. Donald Trump is corrupt. The whole damn system is obviously corrupt!

Why do people keep asking these questions? The obvious answer is YES.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I looked at survey method and they took 1000 people total: 400 of them were 'Likely GOP Voters' (which is correct for the primarys) but then added 600 random people (Dems, Reps, voted, never voted, etc) which has no focus for the question at hand (just name recognition or impression).

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuckk

I looked at survey method and they took 1000 people total: 400 of them were 'Likely GOP Voters' (which is correct for the primarys) but then added 600 random people (Dems, Reps, voted, never voted, etc) which has no focus for the question at hand (just name recognition or impression).

Interesting... where did you see htis. On the paperwork I read it said ONLY the 400 Repubs.... I can't find reference to the other 600 respondents...

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
NBC = Mud in the water

MSM = Mud in the water

Donald Trump = Mud in the water

MSM and Donald Trump blaming one another = Mud in the water

Conclusion = Water is muddy and that's all there is to it

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
What did you expect from the people who keep telling us that unemployment is only 5%?

Everybody knows when they're seeing BS

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I don't even wanna vote for Trump but the narrative is for sure that if you vote for Trump you're mentally ill. I don't wanna vote for him by man is it obvious the higher ups wanna get rid of him

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

All media is 100% corrupt and for sale. To think otherwise is infantile.

Moreover, these polls not only can, but are meant to influence voters. How? It's as simple as people "not wanting to waste their vote" by voting for a candidate who isn't polling that well.

Yes, Americans by and large ARE that stupid and easily swayed. They vote like they're betting on the Super Bowl.

Otherwise they vote for the guy with the best hair. No idea wtf they're doing most of the time.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Whether we think the polls are accurate or not, there is no doubt that the candidates are using them to make claims about their popularity.
Cruz, ahead nationally in one poll out of the last 100 has used it to claim that he is the new front runner!

That poll was run by NBC/WSJ - an organisation that has been caught manipulating poll results in the past.

What's going on here with this NBC poll? Are all the others wrong? Is it a genuine sampling error or is it deliberatley skewed? To use it to claim front runner status is quite dishonest of Cruz on the face of it.

Looking further at NBC, here is what they cme up with for the Feb SC poll: Again, they are very different to everyone else...

What do you think? Is Trump right that some powerful people are trying to mislead the American people, or is this just more bluster from him to deflect away from any chinks in his armour?

Who are those polls for? Ants? WTB some zoom, too lazy to manually zoom my browser. I don't make accommodations for ant sized polls.

On a serious note, yes there is poll manipulation in an effort to sway the votes of people that always flock to the perceived front runner.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask It wasn't Jerry Falwell, it was Jerry Falwell junior,,,LMAO

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

On CBS News this morning, they were all over this like a fly on Hillary. They talked about it over and over and said Trump's numbers were sliding. I called BS on the NBC poll this morning too. It's WAY too obvious. At this point, anything negative only reflects badly on whoever says it. How about them apples, obama fans from 2008?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

On CBS News this morning, they were all over this like a fly on Hillary. They talked about it over and over and said Trump's numbers were sliding. I called BS on the NBC poll this morning too. It's WAY too obvious. At this point, anything negative only reflects badly on whoever says it. How about them apples, obama fans from 2008?

Looks like that NBC poll was WAY off. trump has already called them out on it. It would appear they are skewing results to try and have an impact. I say that because there seems to be a trend.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

Who are those polls for? Ants? WTB some zoom, too lazy to manually zoom my browser. I don't make accommodations for ant sized polls.

On a serious note, yes there is poll manipulation in an effort to sway the votes of people that always flock to the perceived front runner.

Sorry mate! I wish ATS had teh option of enlarging images once clicked.

top topics

join