It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Immam found dead in Rochdale, Greater Manchester with head injuries!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

No we can´t do that either. There are a lot of frustration going on in police force due their inability to handle crisis situations in a way they have been told to do and frustration can lead to "vigilante" behaviour.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: ScepticScot

Its almost like discrimination laws apply to everyone!!! Who knew!!!!!

Not quite everyone as was my point!

Really? Because every post you have made seems to be trying to suggest that the laws favour protected groups as opposed to preventing discrimination?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

If that is the way you perceived my posts then perhaps I should have made it more clear.

Take a look at what I actually meant;

"People in protected groups when up against the wall, will play the "Race Card", Gay Card" etc etc, nothing to do with the law and the reason it was written, people abuse the system to their own ends!

And as everyone apart from a "White Hetrosexaul Male" is covered by some form of protection due to their age, sexuality, race, religion and so forth, a "White Hetrosexual Male" has no legal protection akin to the protected groups!

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

"Crimes committed against someone because of their disability, gender-identity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation are hate crimes and should be reported to the police."

disability - Does not include White Hetrosexual abled body males
gender-identity - Does not include White Hetrosexual males
race - Does not include White Hetrosexual Males
religion or belief - Have me on that one, unless they are White Hetrosexual Males who are athesist
sexual orientation - Does not include White Hetrosexual Males

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
We have a lot of crime against Muslims instigated by other Muslims so until there is an investigation we should keep an open mind surely? Still a bit early for the hand-wringing.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

"Crimes committed against someone because of their disability, gender-identity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation are hate crimes and should be reported to the police."

disability - Does not include White Hetrosexual abled body males
gender-identity - Does not include White Hetrosexual males
race - Does not include White Hetrosexual Males
religion or belief - Have me on that one, unless they are White Hetrosexual Males who are athesist
sexual orientation - Does not include White Hetrosexual Males

White is not a race?

Heterosexuality is not a sexual orientation?

Really?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

You're smarter than that!

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

If that is the way you perceived my posts then perhaps I should have made it more clear.

Take a look at what I actually meant;

"People in protected groups when up against the wall, will play the "Race Card", Gay Card" etc etc, nothing to do with the law and the reason it was written, people abuse the system to their own ends!

And as everyone apart from a "White Hetrosexaul Male" is covered by some form of protection due to their age, sexuality, race, religion and so forth, a "White Hetrosexual Male" has no legal protection akin to the protected groups!

So a white heterosexual male has no race, sexual orientation or gender? That would be the only way they are not protected.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

So a white heterosexual male has no race, sexual orientation or gender? That would be the only way they are not protected.

Not covered by the UK Discrimination laws, no!

EDIT - Covered by the Sexual Orientation is for all sexualities including Hetrosexuals but yet to hear a tribunal from a hetrosexual male being fired as hes straight!
edit on 19.2.2016 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Not covered by the UK Discrimination laws, no!

Show me the exclusion clause then as Charlie has already posted the legislation that says they are.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

At least his head was still attached to his body, which wouldn't have been the case the other way around with ISIS.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Show me the exclusion clause

No exclusions - But you or Charlie show me any case either in court or an employment tribunal where a white male is suing for being fired for being straight and white. Show me any court that has passed sentence to anyone for being racist against a white person in the UK.

I will eat my hat if you find anything!

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
This could turn really nasty if it is an hate crime because there are a large part of the population who are muslim. If they retaliate out of anger things could quickly spiral out of control.

So rather than focus on the fact that there's a chance this man was murdered by a deranged ignorant freak based on hatred of a group of people for no reason, you're worried about how those people might inexplicably become violent towards others in "revenge"?

How about focusing on the fact that this *looks* like a murder based on ignorant hatred, a hate crime, and leave out all the bs about retaliation.

Even when a Muslim is murdered in what might be a hate crime people are trying to make THEM the f'ing criminals here. SMDH.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Rochdale MP Simon Danczuk has paid tribute to Imam Jalal Uddin.

Describing him as a ‘pillar of the community’ - and a leader of the Bangladeshi community - Mr Danczuk said Uddin was a ‘very gentle man’.

He said: “He was a well regarded, peaceful man, a very, very gentle man.

“He was well thought of in his local Mosque and among the Bangladeshi community.

“I’ve spoken to people today and they’re all in shock and really upset.

“I send my condolences to his family.”

A 31 year old male has now been arrested.. A police briefing will commence soon. I will add if anything new arises..

Link..www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk...

Press conference just started on above link..
edit on 19 2 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Added

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Now you copy and paste from a government site where it says hate crime favours able bodied, gay, black, trans Muslims.

Just to clarify UK law...

Hate Crime laws cover and protect EVERYONE, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexuality... These are not laws created to protect only certain groups of people, they are simply USED more in those instances because they are more often than not the victims of such hate crimes.

Those claiming this is somehow unfair, or that it doesn't protect straight white Christian males are ignorant people who should be ignored absolutely. These are usually the same ignorant people who preach bs about "white genocide" as if it's actually a thing.

It's racism, ignorance and stupidity to claim otherwise.

Anyone who is discriminated against in the UK can be protected by this law.

If someone were to be physically attacked by a gay person because they are straight, it is a hate crime.
If a Christian were to be attacked by someone because of their religion, it is a hate crime.
If a white person were to be attacked by someone else because they are white, it would be a hate crime.

The law is clear, stop the bs.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
a reply to: anxiouswens

At least his head was still attached to his body, which wouldn't have been the case the other way around with ISIS.

What the f does this have to do with ISIS?
A man was killed in a violent assault, a British Muslim man. This has nothing to do with ISIS, but I suppose for the truly ignorant Neanderthal who equates Islam with terrorism it's an easy shot to take.

Really sick of the ignorant fools infesting this site.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I havent made out that anyone is a criminal so what the hell are you on about! Tensions are high in this neck of the woods because of the rape and sexual abuse of white girls by a muslim gang.

The local mosque has also asked for calm so they obviously think this could raise tensions.

Someone has already been arrested so it will no doubt come out who the perpetrator is. Although judging by the words used when asking for calm and telling muslims to buddy up they are obviously. jumping to their own conclusions!

www.theguardian.com... reply to: Rocker2013

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
How about focusing on the fact that this *looks* like a murder based on ignorant hatred, a hate crime

Nope, it looks like a man was beaten to death for unknown reasons at present. The 'hate' element so far is no more or less to be assumed than any other violent murder.
You are inventing added value regarding the as yet unknown reasons for the murder.
...I assume you are not part of the investigation team on the ground.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Actually what was being said but you seemed to have missed, was the fact it would be "unfair" that a perpetrator murdering a Muslim person for example and being accused of a hate crime would get a longer sentence than someone murdering a "white male".

The other nonsense about employment law was off topic so I won't go back into that again!

It's racism, ignorance and stupidity to claim otherwise.

Thats just typical Left Wing nonsense to shut down any debate!!
edit on 19.2.2016 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: angeldoll
It's not silliness when you harm someone just because they are gay, or black. It is a level of stupidity that should be recognized -- legally.

Oh, okay. What is the difference if I bash someone's skull in and if I bash someone's skull in and call them a 'fag'?

I wonder if you bashed in the skull of a heterosexual and called him a fag if they would still press hate crime charges?
Probably.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join