It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The next member of SCOTUS should be Ted Cruz.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
That would be a slick move by Trump in a 'debate'. " When I'm President, I intend to nominate Ted Cruz for the Supreme Court."

In truth, I believe his is better suited for that role than President. I've seen articles where he was touted as the most brilliant legal student his professor had ever seen. He's preached the Constitution over and above all else and, personally, he has dropped and continues to, when I compare him to Trump!

I've come to realize that Cruz's mantra on the Constitution is, in a political sense, about as safe as it gets. Who's going to argue against the Constitution in a public forum. Even the most die-hard leftist wouldn't push it that far and their media wouldn't cover it anyways. The same applies to those on the right that have found the Constitution 'inconvenient'. A safe pulpit to preach from.

Speaking of preaching, I generally get a warning light in the head when those expound on how religious they are. I don't necessarily believe Cruz is lying, yet I can't get rid of the idea that it is also a form of pandering. If anything, I say Dr. Carson fits the bill as a religious man as much or more than Cruz.

He hasn't voiced much, if any, displeasure with the Establishment arm of the Republican Party either. That is of concern. Then Cruz came out Backing "GMOs". Which generally means Monsanto and their bought gunslingers Blackwater....more nice guys.

Next is his support for federalizing home schooling. That one hit home as my grandchildren are home schooled by my daughter, quite successfully, I might add. Where in the Constitution is federal control of education acceptable, surely not the tenth. Hell, home schooling likely wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for gov't/federal intervention into education. Now he wants to control that??

Not very impressive, If I may say so.

Then there's his wife, a heavyweight in Goldman Sacks, Perhaps more made of it than should be, but worth keeping an eye on, at the least.

Add it all up and he doesn't really look any different than the rest of the inner circle political crowd and' business as usual'.

I accept the dude is 'brilliant'. He's a lawyer and they should be stored/imprisoned in a nuclear warhead facility or, failing that, the Judicial Branch....

Thoughts?

edit on 18-2-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Terrible idea. Ted Cruz shouldn't be in any kind of authoritative position, he'll let his religion overrule common sense 100% of the time. He's the type of person who would LOVE for a Christian theocracy to be in place in America.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I hadn't thought of that potential.

I tend to believe that he isn't THAT far leaning on the Christian side. Let's face it, if he was in the camp of theocratic rule, that very Constitution that he supports would block it.

I don"t recall any statements from him along those lines and if you intend to imply that being Christian automatically makes one pro-theocratic rule and, therefore somehow 'not qualified' then I heartily disagree with your premise.

While I am not Christian, I would take theocratic rule over being ruled by snakes, weasels, crooks and outright psychos we have now, thank you very much.....

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

When did you stop being a Christian?

Ted Cruz is a loon, it just so happens he is a Christian one. I wasn't making a blanket statement about all Christians, just Cruz.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The people just love em, look at him taking a selfie with his homies.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I tend to believe that he isn't THAT far leaning on the Christian side. Let's face it, if he was in the camp of theocratic rule, that very Constitution that he supports would block it.

Why??
He seems pretty far leaning to me. He uses his religion to justify/condemn many things.

I would take theocratic rule over being ruled by snakes, weasels, crooks and outright psychos we have now, thank you very much.

As a non-chrisitan or anything religious I sure as hell wouldn't. Extreme example is extreme but that is like not being muslim in saudi

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
I tend to believe that he isn't THAT far leaning on the Christian side.

“Nothing is more important in the next 18 months than that the body of Christ rise up and that Christians stand up, that pastors stand up and lead,” Cruz said. “In this last election, 54 million evangelical Christians stayed home. If we can simply bring Christians to the polls – is it any wonder we have the government we have – we have the leaders we have if believers stay home and leave electing our leaders to unbelievers. We get exactly what we deserve and nothing is more important that having people of faith stand up and just vote our values, vote biblical values and that’s how we turn the country around.” - Ted Cruz

Source

Let's face it, if he was in the camp of theocratic rule, that very Constitution that he supports would block it.

You would be correct if Cruz actually DID support the Constitution. But he serves his religion BEFORE country and doesn't try to hide it.

To listen to Heidi Cruz, wife of Republican candidate Ted Cruz, her husband is running for High Priest and not President of the United States. She told South Carolina radio host Vince Coakley that her husband will “show this country the face of the God that we serve.”

Source

Ted Cruz shouldn't hold any position in government, much less a justice.
edit on 2/18/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Oh, ok.

I don't believe he's a loon. More like just another political adept. He does resonate with a large segment of the nation and I 'did' look on him with favor in the past. Especially his position and persistence on the ACA, and so on.

I've never been a practicing Christian. I have been a supporter of the Judeo-Christian morals as fundamental to the nation.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

God help us the day Supreme Court Justice becomes more about a popularity contest than a deep educated understanding of Constitutional law and jurisprudence...

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

While I am not Christian, I would take theocratic rule over being ruled by snakes, weasels, crooks and outright psychos we have now, thank you very much.....

Pretty sure there's no difference between them other than one set of crooks, weasels and psycho's claim God's authority and the other set doesn't.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

He resonates with a large segment of the nation because of his comments on his religion and how he believes his morals should be imposed on everyone else. He resonates with fundamental Christians because he is one, and a large segment of our nation is composed of fundamental Christians.

He is a religious loon who puts his religion before his country. That's not someone who should be in a place of authority in our country. Maybe he should try to be a prosperity preacher? It seems to suit him a little better.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: ugmold

God help us the day Supreme Court Justice becomes more about a popularity contest than a deep educated understanding of Constitutional law and jurisprudence...

Too late.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Sigh. You mark the culture battle we face pretty well. I, of course, see your position as 'extreme'.

He sees the Christians and their values as a means of correcting the mess that D.C. and many of the States are in. Obviously, you do not. You go as far as to say he shouldn't even be in gov't. That's extreme, baby, and there's no dodging that fact.

I don't see this 'loon' suggesting YOU shouldn't be in gov't. Does that make you even more extreme? I don't really know the answer to that one.

He sees the Christian vote as a powerful tool and he believes/panders to it. The left does the same. (Damn. Now you've got me defending him....LMAO.)

So what 'morals' do you see as superior or less dangerous than Judea-Christian? Or more successful? What would you replace them with?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Curious...

What exactly does what Ted Cruz sees or thinks on a personal level regarding Christianity have to do with the Constitution? His personal beliefs... even the beliefs of the majority have nothing at all to do with the workings of our Republic. The First Amendment clearly states this.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I do not see any evidence he puts his religion in front of his country.

What I DO see is a man that when he puts his hand upon that bible and SWEARS to uphold the Constitution...so help me God, he likely means it more than the lip-service of those that don't believe in God who disengenuously swear the same....

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Ted Cruz: "I'm a Christian first, American second"

If Ted Cruz swears an oath on the bible, he's slapping Jesus in the face.

Matthew 5
33 “Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘Do not break your oath, but fulfill to the Lord the vows you have made.’ 34 But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36 And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37 All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Terrible idea. Ted Cruz shouldn't be in any kind of authoritative position, he'll let his religion overrule common sense 100% of the time. He's the type of person who would LOVE for a Christian theocracy to be in place in America.

really? because all this time that hes been a constitutional lawyer and winning his cases FOR the constitution, his religion doesnt seem to have had any adverse affect there.......

More scare tactics and religious hate from the left...........completely unfounded, look at his record, hes always stood for the constitution unwaveringly.......

LoL scared of Cruz, but not scared of Trump.....

The level of ignorance and stupidity in this country has reached an all time high

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

John F. Kennedy was thought to be the same un-electable (as a Catholic) so ruled by his religious faith to not be a viable leader. Most Presidents in the early years of this country had no proclaimed faith for that reason.
Lincoln-none
Andrew Johnson-none
Hayes=none
The rest are Unitarian, Episcopalian, Reformed Dutch, Methodist, Society of Friends, Disciples of Christ, Presbyterian, Baptist, Congregational. What is a 'Society of Friends', 'Disciple of Christ' or a 'Congregationalist' as organized dogmas not within the mainstream?

edit on 18-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

There goes the bipartisan bullcrap. I'm not a member of the left, stop assuming things. I think the two party system is stupid, I consider myself a human being, nothing more or less.

If he plans on banning gay marriage (which he does plan on doing btw) then he is going against the 14th amendment. He's only for the Constitution when it aligns with his religious beliefs.
edit on 2/18/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I have no answer to that
obvious question. It 'should' have nothing to do with it.

Yet, he does, at least from what I can see, uses it politically, panders to it and that rightly opens himself up to rebuttal also, politically. A sword has two edges.....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join