It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope goes after Trump for the Wall but there's walls around the Vatican

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

That is not, however, a requirement.

The Oath of Office:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Article 2, Section 1 of the Constitution requires that before presidents can assume their duties they must take the oath of office. The completion of this thirty-five-word oath ends one president's term and begins the next.

americanhistory.si.edu...
edit on 20/2/16 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

So are you saying that a United States President does not infact pledge allegiance to the flag and the Republic of the United States?
edit on 20-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

While it may not be mandatory few have failed to include it... on top of that thier hand is placed on a bible...

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I'm not saying anything... just pointing out the US Pledge of Allegiance and its 35 words which must be spoken.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
how is that even close to being similar?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

The bible too, is up to the incumbent.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

We have established such...

None the less...

the pledge is a requirement I am assuming...
edit on 20-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The pope tried to take Trump out, but he failed

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

the pledge is a requirement I am assuming...

You needn't assume. The Pledge is exactly as stated in the link I already provided. Here it is again:

The Oath of Office:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

My bad the pledge of allegiance was ruled by the Supreme Court not to be mandatory by anyone...
Yet from what I remember they always do...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The pope tried to take Trump out, but he failed

The pope did Trump a huge favour. He just made him look strong again. Trump will bow to no one and that is what many Americans are responding to.

Still, I have said all along that this is a race between Rubio and Bush and the rest are just entertainment. It's now Rubio standing alone and as far as I see it, he is now as certain to be the nominee as you can get at this stage.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

ETA: Also with money and banks being the big evil, has the Pope gotten rid of the Vatican bank yet?

The Vatican bank still there and Pope Francis said way back in 15.01.14 in this being the first article that popped up in my search : worldnews.nbcnews.com... and it's 21.02.16 still nothing with the The Vatican bank. And Pope Francis began his Papacy 13.03.13 so we are almost 3 years into his Papacy and he's just like every other Pope before him. Bought off by the Bank and now throws stones at a man who is no more then what he sedz he is then the Pope is. And the whole wall issue to use a quote from the show Corner Gas w/ Brent Leroy "pot kettle, kettle pot". Talk about Trump and him wanting to build a wall lives his life behind them REAL Faith in action there. Well I can say both Trump and The Papacy are controlled by a bank.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Except the Vatican is not a walled city. It's a part of Rome.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

i think you're confusing the Pledge of allegiance with the Oath of Office. The first is for citizens and the second is for the installation of a POTUS.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

It is a walled city and it is not part of Rome. It is a separate country.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

The pope still says condoms cause aids..

Do you really care about anything this scumbag says? He recently wanted to make Mother "The Human Aids Virus" Theresa to become a saint. She spread aids purposefully to as many people as should could infect because she had a fetish with being surrounded by dying and suffering people and would get off on it.
edit on 21-2-2016 by DumpMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

No I'm not confused, other than I thought they had to do both...
And I have seen them do it...
youtu.be...
edit on 21-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: .

edit on 21-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: grr

Heh I thought you were confused because I kept saying pledge of allegiance and you kept quoting the oath of office...
edit on 21-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

It is a walled city and it is not part of Rome. It is a separate country.

Yep - its actually a walled country with its own laws and own army (a deadly army armed to the teeth to be exact). I know countries regularly praise their troops, but the Swiss Guard of the Vatican are notorious. They will die without question in defence of the Pope and despite the image are fully trained and armed with automatic weapons. You can be sure there are no illigal immigrants in the Vatican.
edit on 21/2/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 21/2/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Not all Christians are nuts. I am Christian, well I just believe in God, Jesus, Blessed Mother and in Heaven.

That being said I do not believe in the church it has become corrupted and a lot of people that preach God and religion and go around telling people that there sinners and are bad are usually the ones with the most skeletons in there closet and the pope should mind his own business and stay out of the affairs of our country America.

My ancestors came in the old fashion way. They came here the legal way and so can the people from the south so please put up a damn wall I am fine with that and would freaking love it. The Catholic church and the pope should stay out of it!

Again this is coming from a man that believes in and Loves his Lord with everything he has and everything he is.

Also Thanks Trump for saying what where thinking!
edit on 21-2-2016 by Elmax227 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Trumps words were will spoken and it is obvious that he fails to consider the history of the place or size. Vatican City, an independent city state in the city of Rome is a total of 109 acres totally. They can not, even if they wanted to, let any one move in that wants to. They do not have the room for such.

But beyond that, with all that is going on in the world and Europe, the Vatican is still open to the public and tours still continue on.

That being stated, personally I think that Trump erred in his words, failing to understand or acknowledge history, that those walls are over 1000 years old. If he wanted to send back to the pope, there are a few other things that could have been stated that would have been more agreeable with the general population and the public far more than attacking a relic of the past.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join