It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope goes after Trump for the Wall but there's walls around the Vatican

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Although the pope has an awful lot of say in things at the Vatican, I think even he would be admonished and sent to the doctors office, if he started pulling down old architecture of that nature, and getting rid of things.

It would be almost as unlikely as him turning around and saying "well, I have never been a fan of the Basilica... Could you, you know, get some containers and a jackhammer, and just flatten that whole area out? Thanks!"

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: fartsmeller46

Yeah but look at how it is being done. The modus operandi is unsubtle and pathetic. No punches are pulled and the Americans are lapping it.

Don't get me wrong, th UK is almost as embarrassing, I mean, we are being 'led' by a pathetic ponce.

You're towing the line too, you're getting angry about what they want you to rather than focusing on the truth.

That's the thing though, the majority of the population have been denied education so these unsubtle attempts by horrendous humans to win a vote works.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I agree with what you say here for the most part...

I think the walls are not just to keep people out...but also and for far more sinister a reason to keep people inside them...

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Yeah but look at how it is being done. The modus operandi is unsubtle and pathetic. No punches are pulled and the Americans are lapping it.

Don't get me wrong, th UK is almost as embarrassing, I mean, we are being 'led' by a pathetic ponce.

You're towing the line too, you're getting angry about what they want you to rather than focusing on the truth.

That's the thing though, the majority of the population have been denied education so these unsubtle attempts by horrendous humans to win a vote works.

In my opinion Trump is let off the hook on a number of issues( By me anyway ) like his occasionally embarrassing childish outbursts,or his incessant self aggrandizing speeches, because he's the only one expressing the pent up frustrations of a largely ignored but vitally important swath of American voters. Taken for granted by the RNC because they knew there was no where else they could go,for years these peoples wishes were ignored. of course on the campaign trail when little hot spots of discontent would flare up,the republicans would harness this by making promises they knew this large group of conservatives would rally behind.The head weasel himself Mitch McConnall vowed that if re-elected he'd fight Obama on immigration,health care and budget constraint. He was fired up and they would finally stop him. It was all a lie.He has rolled over and given Obama everything, and has gotten nothing in return.Some even speculated he was being blackmailed,the capitulation was that complete. He got plenty though,only for himself and not his constituents.He knew he was lying and people would be angry but he also knew they had nowhere else to go and given the choice between say, Shillary Clinton and him,they'd still choose him.
You really need to understand how these people who'd i say make up the backbone of this country were mistreated to understand their fervor for Trump. Imagine being in a wrecked vehicle that catches fire, no one is helping and you're left alone screaming for help.You're toast and you know it,but out of the blue here comes a man who says you're not dying as he sprays a fire hose on you. This guy was your only hope and despite being known as a annoying and immature asshole, you absolutely love this guy because he saved you while all others ignored your pleas for help.He may be a ass sometimes but just say it in front of me and you'll regret it.
I'm very sorry my attempt to explain this is turning into War and Peace,the novel.I must work on expressing my thoughts in shorter detail.To sum it up I feel many who support Trump do indeed cringe at many of his antics but he honestly seems sincere in his compassion for the forgotten many and he's our only hope.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Pope is right. I didn't even waste money on doors for my house. Only bad people do that and don't get me started about fences.
edit on 20-2-2016 by DeadAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

My point isn't whether DT is raising issues which the population can relate to.

It is that the whole system is now dumbed down and reflects the stupidity of a nation. Or rather the 'stupid image' of a nation.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I think the pope was inspired by Trumps wall comment, and is interested in hearing all the different global voices respond. Trump claimed he was good at building things, he even caught the Pope in this Tower of Babel!

edit on 20-2-2016 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

If Trump has one skill it's getting into peoples minds. The Pope, Obama, UK parliament, Republican establishment, the media and many individuals all don't like him but can't seem to stop themselves from talking about him. For someone who only recently got into politics and isn't even the nominee yet it is both bizarre and very entertaining to watch.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
CATHOLIC CHURCH PAID $79 MILLION BY OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO FORCE MIGRANT INVASION

POPE FRANCIS AND THE DIRTY MONEY TRAIL THAT LEADS TO OBAMA

Now you know why Pope Francis pushes so very hard for “all the world” to take in these illegal Muslim migrants. He’s getting paid millions to do it. Someone once said that when something doesn’t make sense, there’s a buck in it. In this case, there were 79 million of them.

www.nowtheendbegins.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This Donald Trump video “The Snake” is going viral in Europe

youtu.be...

pumabydesign001.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Doesn't the US already have some walls on the border? So I guess according to the pope christians didn't make them.

Is the pope suggesting anyone who doesn't have an open border is somehow unchristian?

What I find interesting is the ten commandments isn't one thou shalt not kill? So christians shouldn't kill. But they seem to and pope says little about that.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Yeah, when they knock down the walls around their little Vatican enclave and the pope gives up his bodyguards I'll start listening to what he has to say about walls.

Trump - 1
Pope - 0

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

What the pope said was hypocritical! Should I be questioning his believes to?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock
Doesn't the US already have some walls on the border? So I guess according to the pope christians didn't make them.

Is the pope suggesting anyone who doesn't have an open border is somehow unchristian?

What I find interesting is the ten commandments isn't one thou shalt not kill? So christians shouldn't kill. But they seem to and pope says little about that.

Its actually MURDER not kill. The original hebrew says MURDER,but King james translates it to Kill.

Chapter 68. Murderer and Protection of Life - Rotze'ach u-Shemiras Nefesh
It is forbidden to murder, as it says "You shall not murder" (Exodus 20:13, Deuteronomy 5:17).
A murderer must be put to death, as it says "He shall be avenged" (Exodus 21:20, see Leviticus 24:17,21); it is forbidden to accept compensation from him instead, as it says "You shall not take redemption for the life of a murderer...; and there shall be no atonement for the blood that was spilled... except the blood of him that spilled it" (Numbers 35:31-33). It is forbidden to execute a murderer before he has stood trial, as it says "And the murderer shall not die until he stands before the congregation for judgment" (Numbers 35:12). However, we are commanded to prevent an attempted murder by killing the would-be murderer if necessary, and it is forbidden to refrain from doing so, as it says "And you shall cut off her hand; you shall not be merciful" (Deuteronomy 25:12); and similarly for attempted fornication, as it says "[If the man seizes her and lies with her...] just as a man rises up against his friend and murders him, so is this thing"(Deuteronomy 22:26). It is forbidden to refrain from saving life when it is in one's power to do so, as it says "You shall not stand on your friend's blood"(Leviticus 19:16).

— Rabbi Dr. Azriel Rosenfeld[42]

The New Testament is in agreement that murder is a grave moral evil, and maintains the Old Testament view of bloodguilt. Jesus himself repeats and expands upon the commandment, “Do not murder.” The New Testament depicts Jesus as explaining that murder, as well as other sins, comes from the heart.

For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.

— Matthew 15:19 (NIV)

So that whole line about not killing has exceptions to it.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
What does it matter if our leaders are Christian or not?

Since when is having Jesus Christ as your personal savior a prerequisite for POTUS?

This is truly ridiculous.

Anyone who knows who Donald Trump is knows the man isn't a Christian, and it doesn't mean anything other than he puts money above all else. Plenty of Americans do.
edit on 20-2-2016 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I also wonder if the Pope talked to the Mexican ruling class about improving the lives of their poor people so they don't HAVE to come to the U.S. to begin with? Mexico is a rich country but only a small elite get to utilize its wealth (sound familiar?). For 500 years the elites of that country have used the peasants as a door mat. Thats not very Christian either but I don't hear the pope talking about it. Maybe they can take some of the countless billions in gold sitting in the vaults in Vatican city and apply it to aid to Mexico.
edit on 20-2-2016 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Meh, walls schmalls, all you need is a kick ass horn section and the ark of the covenant.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: spinalremain

One Nation under God...

God is a prerequisite of service it would seem...

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

That’s the Pledge of Allegiance.

The official name of The Pledge of Allegiance was adopted in 1945. The last change in language came on Flag Day 1954 when the words "under God" were added.[7]

LOL

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Glad I could entertain you...

When a president is sworn in to office, what is the last thing they say?

Oh ya...

So help me God...
edit on 20-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: ...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join