It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's more evidence that our universe is a Quantum Computer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Phage

everything is being computed down to you putting on your socks in the morning to driving home from work at night.

Ok.
Now what? Have you started working on modifying the code? How does one go about doing so?

Is this notion fundamentally different from the ancient idea of predestination?

Surely such deep code, governing such an intricate complexity, is self modifying and (compared to us, its constructs,) hyper-intelligent.

Perhaps we have just to 'appeal to it' and it will do as we ask?

It does seem to favor our conscious attention when we test physics at a low level.

Or maybe it doesn't care about anything at all and it simply...functions.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
of course this reality is a simulation. I think the fact that scientists have determined the finite minimum limits of distance and time shows that this universe is a finite thing built on something else.

The anecdotal accounts of people having NDE and other OBE who describe that something else as being far more "real" than this reality should at least to some extent reinforce that idea.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I was thinking the same too, if we're bound by code to do what we do then why give us the illusion of freedom by choice within the code ?

Wouldn't the "illusion of freedom by choice" in essence be AI , and we are working hard ourself in creating that "illusion of freedom by choice".

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: ImmortalLegend527
And a year after that I find out that Stars are used on humans the same way as pixels are used for TV, THANKS neoholographic, SO STOKED !

...Except that's not even remotely true. As for your psychotic episode, have you seen a doctor?

Funny that a person with that kind of Avatar is saying a thing is unreal without testing it by recalibrating the third eye sensors.

It will be so much nicer when we get technologically advanced enough to measure quantum states in real time and can measure with science what people with recalibrated sensors are experiencing.

Even if the information is subjectively influenced do not mean that there is not something there.

I have myself seen a black and white/grey number screen once with my eye closed and when it speed up it become the normal white/grey dot black background.

Are you also saying chakra coloring is a psychotic episode? How much do you really know about third eye sensor recalibration?

I know it is as real as people who have a Jesus moment.

If it were real, more folks would have it.

Most people aren't blind or deaf, yet most people can't use this supposed third eye.... What seems more likely , it is just a few weirdos or it is real?

I will take psychotic episodes for $800 please!

Most souls use it without knowing. It is not only visual. Some souls go thru a Amygdala fear overload and some meditate to get it more active. Some get to increased body state where the energy vibrations can be felt in the body. They can sit in a dark room, alone and still be very happy since it feels like they are being caressed all over their body. Like the whole body vibrating like an instrument to an inner tune ever changing.

And to make it clear this is not religion. You can go from atheist to Spiritual without ever believing in any religions.

Friedrich Nietzsche
“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”

Awareness not faith is the key to objective knowledge.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

everything is being computed down to you putting on your socks in the morning to driving home from work at night.

Ok.
Now what? Have you started working on modifying the code? How does one go about doing so?

Surely such deep code, governing such an intricate complexity, is self modifying and (compared to us, its constructs,) hyper-intelligent.

It does seem to favor our conscious attention when we test physics at a low level.

I never understood why people think the universe cares about humans or human existence. Humans and the Earth are infinitesimally small pieces of near nothingness when compared to the size of the universe. Compared to the time of our universe, human existence is a mere fleeting moment; we've existed for a tiny tiny tiny fraction of time.

If humans and Earth instantly ceased to exist, the universe would not even notice. In fact, the universe was doing its thing long before Earth existed.

edit on 2/15/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If the U is a QC then it is likely to have a Super NN at its heart thus its ability to learn, adapt and supply the freedoms we perceive to have. And when strange things happen to people which are totally unexpected it may be because of the randomness flaws in the NN and its code etc. The question is who or what is the designer and administrator? If all this were true then time travel both ways is a given!

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

a reply to: neoholographic

ARE YOU SERIOUS!

IS THIS TRUE.

So here I am 5 years ago waking up and when I woke up, I saw binary codes in red all over the room all over my body, so I get up to open the window and it's all over the world, on people and everywhere ,it lasted for at least 5 minutes. I just sat and looked at all the red zero and one just all over the place and when I reached for it,it sprinkled apart but came back together.

And a year after that I find out that Stars are used on humans the same way as pixels are used for TV, THANKS neoholographic, SO STOKED !

When I was in college I ate some "special" mushrooms and while watching my friends play Tony Hawk on the PS1, I noticed everything around me (starting with the game itself) turning in to wire frame graphics. Soon my friends were all wire frames, I could see through the walls and see wire frame cars driving by.
edit on 15-2-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

originally posted by: TzarChasm Or maybe it doesn't care about anything at all and it simply...functions.

If that isn't the scariest twilight episode plot I've ever heard...

IMO, that would be worse than finding out this is it, the sum of all existence was to run a quantum computer about that existence and then that was it.
edit on 15-2-2016 by Tranceopticalinclined because: Had to blow some dust of the floppy quantum drive.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

ARE YOU SERIOUS!

IS THIS TRUE.

So here I am 5 years ago waking up and when I woke up, I saw binary codes in red all over the room all over my body, so I get up to open the window and it's all over the world, on people and everywhere ,it lasted for at least 5 minutes. I just sat and looked at all the red zero and one just all over the place and when I reached for it,it sprinkled apart but came back together.

When I was in college I ate some "special" mushrooms and while watching my friends play Tony Hawk on the PS1, I noticed everything around me (starting with the game itself) turning in to wire frame graphics. Soon my friends were all wire frames, I could see through the walls and see wire frame cars driving by.
What ever happened believe it and covet it and learn from it.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
a reply to: TzarChasm

originally posted by: TzarChasm Or maybe it doesn't care about anything at all and it simply...functions.

If that isn't the scariest twilight episode plot I've ever heard...

IMO, that would be worse than finding out this is it, the sum of all existence was to run a quantum computer about that existence and then that was it.

More likely the natural universe we live in is just the way nature is, and we simply are a tiny by-product of that universe, and there is no larger meaning behind any of it.

The universe just functions, and intelligent life who can wonder about that function are just natural and inevitable things that can pop out of that universe.

No deep meaning, grand plan, or grand planner required.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: djmarcone
of course this reality is a simulation. I think the fact that scientists have determined the finite minimum limits of distance and time shows that this universe is a finite thing built on something else.

The anecdotal accounts of people having NDE and other OBE who describe that something else as being far more "real" than this reality should at least to some extent reinforce that idea.

Good points!

Here's a paper from Seth Lloyd:

Computational capacity of the universe

Merely by existing, all physical systems register information. And by evolving dynamically in time, they transform and process that information. The laws of physics determine the amount of information that a physical system can register (number of bits) and the number of elementary logic operations that a system can perform (number of ops). The universe is a physical system. This paper quantifies the amount of information that the universe can register and the number of elementary operations that it can have performed over its history. The universe can have performed no more than 10^120 ops on 10^90 bits.

arxiv.org...

Like I said, local realism is dead and any notion of the separation of past, present and future is dead as well as life and death. The universe as a Quantum computer explains all of this in a beautiful way.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Pardon my ignorance here but what is meant by the "universe is a quantum computer"? It's not in the classical sense that I'm thinking I suppose; like a quantum turing machine or something digital like an iMac, right? Must this concept imply, dare I say it, some kind of agent is at the controls?

originally posted by: neoholographic
As Professor Seth Lloyd said, the universe may compute when you pour a glass of orange juice but there's no evidence that says the universe computes when you decide to pour that glass of orange juice. So the act is being computed but there's no evidence that say the choice to pour a glass of orange jusice is being computed.

I'm having trouble understanding this statement logically: is the act of pouring the juice (i.e the moment when it happens) the same as the decision to pour it? Or is Professor Lloyd assuming two separate events? First the decision, then the act? Why would the universe compute only the act and not the decision ?

I mean, if you're saying the universe computes everything, which I guess I'm open to, then logically that would include the decisions we make as well. All matter is a part of the universe, not apart from it. Matter is the universe, just like cells are our bodies. What we do now is what the universe is actually doing right now. So, if I make the decision to pour a glass of juice then really it is the universe doing so.

I realize many folks hate the thought of there not being free will, but I can see why that might very well be the case if we follow along with this computer idea. If we really think about it, do we truly know why or how we make the decisions we do at any given moment? Sure, we are conscious of them a lot of times, which perhaps gives us the illusion that we made them ourselves. But just like super mario jumping on a mushroom - he does it without knowing how he did it, or that his decision to do it was actually simulated (and determined).

Looking at our own reality, there are many organisms that seem to have no awareness of the decisions they make. They look to be completely automated. Take ant or termite colonies for instance. What these critters are capable of as far the mounds they build or the caste systems they develop is astounding, yet as far as we think, they have no clue they do these things. They're just following the chemical markers (the program?).

There definitely seems to be rules and variables that govern the way the universe works - "if this then that" type commands.

But how can we ever really know? And if having consciousness is the key to realizing this, then why should there be any consciousness at all? Why would the simulation or computer program allow this? Why should we get to peak behind the curtain?

Imagine if super mario realized that he was being controlled on a video screen. Man that would be trippy

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: PhotonEffect

You said:

Why would the universe compute only the act and not the decision ?

Like I said earlier, this has to do with things like uncertainty and the free will theorem. You also look at theories of Quantum Consciousness from people like Roger Penrose, Hameroff and others.

So, there's just a lack of evidence in this area because of our lack of understanding about the nature of consciousness.

If consciousness originates from these temporal correlations that are not bound by cause and effect or a sequencial order, then you have free will.

So the DVD player and how you play a DVD would be governed or computed by the laws of physics but if you choose to watch Wedding Crashers or The Godfather it's a choice made by free will.

So I think it's similar to a video game. The game designer controls what can occur in the gaming environment but the individuals make choices as to who to fight, which way to go and which weapons to use.

So the laws the govern the environment control how potato chips are made but they don't control whether you buy Barb-Q or Sour Cream chips.

I think a simulation will allow for consciousness in order to process information while creating Superintelligence. This Superintelligence will in turn create more simulations. I would say we're between 30 to 50 years away from creating Superintelligence. AI has been tested an has the I.Q. of a 4 year old and eventually it will have an IQ higher than any human that has ever lived.

So consciousness may be part of these simulations that can't be avoided if consciousness originates with these temperal correlations in the quantum vacuum.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

OK if that is the case. Then I would like to say to the programmer of this quantum world to quit Hus job. He failed big time.

I would ask him, why they hell he coded money? For fun? So he can laugh up there his stupid we can get to make some money? To laugh at rich people who lose they mind and soul because they have too many money? To laugh at poor people who don't have money and be sadistic on them?

I bet this coder use some drugs. If I ever come out if thus quantom universe I will smack thus coders ass and if I survive his revenge I will make him code better program, because current one us buged.

link   

Fundamentally? No.

But consider causation. The ancient notion had God/gods causing predestination to occur for varying reasons such as the notion that God was perfect and created a "plan" (i think of it as "The Automoton Universe Theory") where x interacting with y begets a predictable z. Or that we were pawns for the amusement of the gods ("The Olympic Chessboard Theory").

The Quantum Universe theory is not quite like that. In this theory causation is a result of the perfect formula (or interaction of several perfect formulas). Which, to be honest, seems pretty appropriate when I have pondered it before (even love exhibits fractal elements that seem to be inline with how the universe operates, probably because it arises from neurochemicals bound by universal laws).

This is less about humans ascribing the mysterious to the even more mysterious. This is more about humans looking directly into the eye of God himself/themselves and seeing "the plan".

link   
a reply to: saadad

Every program has bugs.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Ok.

It is possible, but not likely.

Consider your own personal computation and simulation device, your brain. Does it simply function or does it care about its environment?

We are talking about something that simulates your (and billions of others) brain.

How might it just be a calculator without higher function? Is that likely? Where did its program come from? Who pushes its buttons?

edit on 15/2/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Ok.

I never understood why people think the universe cares about humans or human existence. Humans and the Earth are infinitesimally small pieces of near nothingness when compared to the size of the universe. Compared to the time of our universe, human existence is a mere fleeting moment; we've existed for a tiny tiny tiny fraction of time.

If humans and Earth instantly ceased to exist, the universe would not even notice. In fact, the universe was doing its thing long before Earth existed.

Why do they exist at all?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Ok.

Why do they exist at all?

First matter was created out of the energy of the universe, once the universe cooled a bit...but that's another story.

That matter fused into larger elements, those larger elements bonded to make chains of elements, which eventually became mixtures of simple organic molecules, multiplied through catalyzed reactions and an external source of energy, and eventually those molecules by chance began to bond in such a way that replicated other organic compounds, then self replicate...

and, voilà, life!

If that life had a nice home, it could have the time that it would by chance mutate in such a way that it would have an advantage over its immediate competitors and/or predators so it would reproduce more of its own kind that by chance mutated in such a way that it, too would have a biological advantage, and so on until one branch of that life found that intelligence gave it an advantage over its immediate competitors and/or predators until that advantage turned into humans.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

a reply to: saadad

Every program has bugs.

I think I saw that program!

edit on 15/2/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join