It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of 1,400 More Americans Losing Their Jobs to Mexico- Sickening.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Watch as 1,400 more Americans lose their jobs. And when they are clearly upset, sometimes swearing, they are told to shut up and that it was strictly a "business decision." This time it's Carrier. Yeah, the heating and A/C place.

Another sellout of Americans, pure and simple. The not so mighty dollar prevails again against American families and lives. How many more times are we going to repeat this story? I guess 26 million illegals in this country was not enough to water down the economy as it is? No. They've got to twist the knife further and take what little jobs are left down to Mexico, too. America, you will get what you deserve. May the owners of this company look that guy's little daughter in the face when she goes hungry as the owner buys another Ferrari with money made in Mexico. They are soulless, greedy and inconsiderate animals, these corporate thugs.

There ought to be a law that if you move your business to Mexico, you must go live there too and be shot at everyday. And you know what? That probably wouldn't stop them either. They just don't give a crap WHAT happens to those American families.

Here is a link to a story covering this:
www.wthr.com...

United Steelworkers 1999 employs about 1,300 members at the Morris Street Carrier plant. Chuck Jones, president of Local 1999, tells WTHR that employees were notified Wednesday morning about the jobs moving to Mexico.

"We did not see it coming. It was a total shock," said Jones.

He said the move ultimately means the loss of 1,300 union jobs that average $20 to $21 per hour.

Mayor Hogsett angered over Carrier move to Mexico

"We know the reason. They want to become more profitable by exploiting Mexican labor," said Jones.

"This facility is not losing money. If it was losing money, I think these things would be understood better. This company just wants to make more," said employee Robert James.

So it's actually more like 2,100 jobs with the other smaller facility.
edit on Fri Feb 12th 2016 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

+36 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
As I watched that video I am reminded of Ross Perot's warning back in the early 1990's about the "giant sucking sound" of jobs as they move to Mexico because of the North American Free Trade Agreement otherwise known as NAFTA.

I think that was a Bill Clinton thing if I'm not mistaken.

-dex

edit on 2/12/2016 by DexterRiley because: NAFTA added

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

America can take a lesson from Mexico, India, China and maybe start making cheap # for some other nation oversees......

You could make plastic vodka glasses for Russia.....

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

I think it's more of a "corporate thing" than one politician or party. Bill Clinton just happened to be the President at the time, and as a result signed the deal to help make it happen.

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Yeah, you mean this one?

He was so right.

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I worked in the steel industry. All steel was heading toward Mexico, plate couldn't be afforded here. And whenever plate from Mexico came through the mill, it had so many flaws and rejects that it would stop the mill.

I found stuff in there that would rip apart at the lowest pressure yields and they got it half the price, and half if it is in the Alaska pipeline right now.

Lives and quality over profit.

+31 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
... and yet, cries for unbridled capitalism and "the free market" have enabled these carpetbaggers to use the United States infrastructure and resources (and tax breaks and corporate welfare) to build their businesses, and then they screw over the very People who have made them what they are.

We the People need to get a clue and stop letting these parasites live and profit (ridiculously) off of us.

(post by TrueAmerican removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
One part of the problem...

The company has to keep the prices on its products low enough so that Americans can afford them...

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

What do you expect them to do when they can move to Mexico and not have to deal with unions and other hassles that our Government inflicts on companies. The problem is the more you regulate and tax 'the rich' the more they will flee the country for less authoritarian governments.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Here's United Technologies financials for 2014. I suppose this is the most recent report available.

7% year-over-year increase in profits of $2.8 Billion for $16.8 Billions in net sales for their "UTC Climate, Controls & Security" division. See page 19 of that report for more information.

I guess that's just not enough profit and growth for Wall Street.

-dex

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

What does that standoff have to do with a company moving it's business? How about those guys go and stage a protest there...

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
As I watched that video I am reminded of Ross Perot's warning back in the early 1990's about the "giant sucking sound" of jobs as they move to Mexico because of the North American Free Trade Agreement otherwise known as NAFTA.

I think that was a Bill Clinton thing if I'm not mistaken.

-dex

If Ross Perot had not dropped out of the race, foolishly in my opinion, he would have been the first candidate to change the system after being elected. We could be in a stable economy with nothing but promise. It is very unfortunate he dropped out and then came back in later. Our hope in breaking the system now sits in the hands of much less worthy men in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Excellent, supportive post, Dexter. That really showcases the point, and frankly I should have probably gone and dug that up myself. If any mod sees this, I recommend Dexter get an applause for that post.

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Well, when companies pay garbage wages, no one can afford their products.

In order to sell more units/product and make a profit, they need to lower their production costs -- hence outsourcing. The more they outsource, the poorer their customers become.

The poorer the customers, the more they need to outsource.

COMPANIES NEED CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE MONEY.

We don't need the companies, most of us have enough crap anyway. Companies are in business because of demand.

If there is no demand because none of us have any money, they go overseas -- and still try to hawk their cheaper wares at us.

Eventually, it'll come crashing down.

The rich can only rob from the poor for so long before there's nothing left to steal. The upward flow of wealth can only last so long until there's nothing left to flow up.

Eventually the world will resemble the movie "Elysium". You should watch it, it's not a bad movie ... despite having Matt Damon in it.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
What do you expect them to do when they can move to Mexico and not have to deal with unions and other hassles that our Government inflicts on companies. The problem is the more you regulate and tax 'the rich' the more they will flee the country for less authoritarian governments.

That doesn't make any sense. The fact that they're rich means they're making by just fine. That's what it means to be rich. If they were struggling, they wouldn't be rich now would they.

WTF!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Yep. You know, I actually got a little misty eyed when I watched the video TA posted of that presidential debate from so long ago. A very nostalgic feeling to be sure. His words were quite prophetic.

I remember his metaphor about the US being like a broken down vehicle. He was going to throw the hood up and figure out what the hell was wrong with the car and get it running again like it used to. While it was a rather ambiguous plan, I believe he was genuine in his desire to help America.

Ross Perot was fiscally conservative and socially moderate. He wasn't beholden to anyone. And he didn't have to toe any party line. What I wouldn't do to have a presidential candidate like that now.

-dex

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Yeah and now we're about to elect his wife as president.

Great job morons of What used to be America!

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

originally posted by: Gryphon66
We the People need to get a clue and stop letting these parasites live and profit (ridiculously) off of us.

Funny... That's what David Fry and the rest were saying at the Oregon standoff, and yet you fought them every single step of the way. I see you only want to be a patriot when it suits you.

Was just about to say something similar, not as nice but similar.

I second that post.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
One part of the problem...

The company has to keep the prices on its products low enough so that Americans can afford them...

No they don't they have a global market to compete in. They keep prices high here and then lower them for Indian markets and other growing economies.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join