It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of 1,400 More Americans Losing Their Jobs to Mexico- Sickening.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
You know, these folks ought to look into reforming as a co-op and go after their former boss' customers.

They could stick it right back to the man.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

originally posted by: Gryphon66
We the People need to get a clue and stop letting these parasites live and profit (ridiculously) off of us.

Funny... That's what David Fry and the rest were saying at the Oregon standoff, and yet you fought them every single step of the way. I see you only want to be a patriot when it suits you.

Was just about to say something similar, not as nice but similar.

I second that post.

Wtf do those guys have to do with a company outsourcing jobs? How about they stop wasting thier time out there and go protest this! Yall want to talk about hypocrisy but your 'heros' weren't standing against this anymore than some one posting about it on ats.
edit on thFri, 12 Feb 2016 11:23:34 -0600America/Chicago220163480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Ya we should trust the guy that actively freaking outsourced his jobs to China will turn around and play hard ball. Sorry I'm not buying it.
The guy outsourced jobs and then hired immigrants to work in the states, but people cheer when he says he is going to be hard on it...
edit on thFri, 12 Feb 2016 11:52:07 -0600America/Chicago220160780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Ya we should trust the guy that actively frwaking outsourced his jobs to China will turn around and play hard ball. Sorry I'm not buying it.
The guy outsourced jobs and then hired immigrants to work in the states, but people cheer when he says he is going to be hard on it...

Not to mention he also has stuff made in Mexico.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Ya i have asked many supporters here why the feel he will be hard on it when he has participated in it. Also wonder if supporters understand the trade deals we have and the other countries involved in them.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
One part of the problem...

The company has to keep the prices on its products low enough so that Americans can afford them...

No they don't they have a global market to compete in. They keep prices high here and then lower them for Indian markets and other growing economies.

Americans by far are the largest population on Earth with the most disposable income.

That, however, is shrinking. And goods have to increasingly be produced more cheaply -- which in turn forces companies to hire people at ever lower wages.

You don't see Ford moving over seas to make cheaper cars so they become affordable to Africans.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Teddy916

I think it's more of a "corporate thing" than one politician or party. Bill Clinton just happened to be the President at the time, and as a result signed the deal to help make it happen.

That's true. NAFTA was negotiated under George Bush Sr. He was hoping to sign the legislation himself, but apparently all the loose ends didn't come together in time.

However, I think that the statement Bill Clinton made when he signed the agreement is the reason he is remembered as the main culprit:

"NAFTA means jobs. American jobs, and good-paying American jobs. If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't support this agreement."

As usual, there's plenty of blame to go around.

-dex

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The company has to keep the prices on its products low enough so that Americans can afford them...

Yup and that's one reason why our stock market is crashing and the central bankers are considering negative interest rates for the US right now. Even if they implement negative interest rates it's not going to work. If the rich won't build factories in the US and employ US workers, then US citizens won't have enough money to buy the made in Mexico/China/India crap that the rich are trying to peddle them.

I giggle every time I see the stock market tumble. I hope it crashes and burns. I can't wait to hear of another bank crash. Every time a fortune is lost I will squeal with glee like a stuck pig. Burn, baby, burn!

I'm capitalist but I'm also a patriot. If you outsource for a quick buck you deserve any future misery you get.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Thanks. I'm always glad to help provide additional information whenever I can.

I was actually giving Carrier the benefit of the doubt. I thought that perhaps I could find some information that justified the company's decision. And if I had, in the interest of denying ignorance I would have posted that as well.

However, the information I found was the worst possible news to justify the company's decision. Not only is the parent company, United Technologies, making a profit from this division, but also the increase in profits year-over-year is quite respectable.

I understand the need for these giant giga-corporations to make a profit. However, this move demonstrates a level of greed that is completely uncalled for. To utterly decimate an entire American community for the sake of a "little" more profit is unconscionable.

-dex

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Short term thinking.

If we don't have jobs, we can't afford them, no matter the price.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The only way that the workers can get even with that company is to affect its bottom line. The company decided it was going to terminate and move to another location, the best thing that the workers can do is quit, all at once, not show up and then work, get the money together and make a new company to do the exact same thing and start to push the old out of business.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Short term thinking.

If we don't have jobs, we can't afford them, no matter the price.

Well that's my way of seeing it.

If you want long-term sales and growth for your company, you are going to need a fairly stable economy and a consumer base with disposable income to spend.

Your company may grow slower, but you won't be cutting yourself off at the knees only to fall flat on your face down the road. Eventually sales are going to halt no matter how cheap your products are. When people run out of money, no one buys anything.

It seems there has to be a balance where you make a profit, but the people also make enough money to be able to buy your product.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

That's before "corporations" and "globalism" became the primary business drivers.

A locally owned business exists within a community. There is a symbiotic relationship. If the community flourishes the business flourishes and vice versa, as you alluded to.

Now, companies are only beholden to share holders and cheap resources. The very nature of a corporation detaches responsibility or commitment from decision making, putting profits ahead of people. While globalism encourages an endless quest for cheap resources to squeeze more profit for the corporate share holders. Add to that speculation on potential profits and the costs of natural resources and it's a death spiral.
edit on 2/12/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom
What you said.

Just have to add that they are deliberately crashing the system on us.

#Dex asked the question, "I guess that's just not enough profit and growth for Wall Street.
-dex- "

I have suggested before, it is not about the money. That boat has sailed. The only reason they need money is to control us.

Think about it. How often do you even see money anymore? You have a handful of people that actually use cash anymore, and some places won't even take it. Money is nothing more than an illusion. Look at the amount of debt our country is supposed to be in. If we are so far in debt, how in the hell is anything in this country continuing to function? It surely isn't running on cash.

They have, and control all the money. What they dole out to us is what they choose to let us have, and all we do is give it right back to them. The average person lives paycheck to paycheck. You can't get out of debt because they won't let you. You can work as hard and as long as can, but every dime you make goes right back into their hands.

We have to stop kidding ourselves and we have to stop thinking there is a great and powerful Oz that is taking care of the kingdom. You don't own anything. Everything you have is on loan or on lease. Think I am not speaking the truth? Stop paying those taxes and see how quickly your property is taken from you, or you are thrown in jail.

We are plugged in and glued firmly to the fine silk web to which we have become addicted. All we truly have is a bunch of excuse and lies that we tell ourselves, while we wait to be sucked dry. In the meantime we are just an anorexic shell of what we should be.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
That is the capitalism that is extolled by our current politicians.

Factor in the supply economic policies that have been how the world works since the early 80s and you see the havoc wrought.

You know what fixes the world?

Project Mayhem.

Derek

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Unbelievable how people don't have common-sense even when its thrown in their face.

Great video.

My understanding is that after Ross Perot gave them a run for their money that both the DNC and GOP who equally control the presidential debate committee: really tied down on the debate rules to keep independents from being involved.

Now we have politicians wanting to increase the H1 visas and The TPP act and people are still blind to it?
These political DNC and GOP cheerleaders have ruined this country.
edit on 00229America/ChicagoFri, 12 Feb 2016 16:00:40 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

What do you expect them to do when they can move to Mexico and not have to deal with unions and other hassles that our Government inflicts on companies. The problem is the more you regulate and tax 'the rich' the more they will flee the country for less authoritarian governments.

BINGO!!

Hit nail on head, Daniel-son.

$20 - $21 AN HOUR TO BUILD FURNACES? Seriously??

No wonder they are leaving. Those wages are too high for that kind of work. Paramedics don't even make that, and they save lives!

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

But If americans loose all their jobs they cannot afford to buy anything regardless how cheap it is. So the real issue is to earn a quick buck for stock holders without any concern for the longer term welfare of the nation.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

they really need to raise taxes for this. Make the companies paid big time for outsourcing... so sick every time you here about this stuff.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I know a lot of VFX guys who either had to move to Canada or change fields cause of this crap. All the VFX companies moved to Canada because of tax breaks... It's so irritating...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join