It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So rich going to have to accept less or have it taken from them?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

It's not about rich keeping their wealth. The people are tired of getting scammed. All the tax evasion and loopholes. The corp aka few rich people have dodge taxes since the beginning of time. It's time they pay their fair share. Just look at the NFL, did you know they are a non profit organization? The NFL... a non profit.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Private charities are much more effective and efficient than government social programs. There is very often corruption and squandering of funds in government programs. I posted a link there earlier.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: reddragon2015

The only way there can be a fair share if there is a flat tax in where everyone, including the poorest pay the exact same percentage.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBandit795

The only way there can be a fair share if there is a flat tax in where everyone, including the poorest pay the exact same percentage.

I think the biggest reason that we don't have a flat tax (yet) is because the population would all be equally pissed off when they saw how high the tax rate had to go to pay for all of the frivolities of government.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Especially the BlackOps stuff that are classified.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBandit795

I read that piece and it is an opinion from a freelance writer living in China.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

So what if he's living in China. We don't know his reason for living there. Really quick to dismiss the content based on where the author is living.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I'm sorry to hear that. But you're still advocating theft. Which is what taxes is.

Please explain why you think taxes are theft.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

It is his opinion and interpretation. He offer no research of his own or stats. His only source is a book and news article from the AP.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
There's more than enough money in the world for everyone to thrive. This pathetic constant argument about taxes & taking the "hard earned" wages from one group to another is theft gives me such a headache, you are all so long term conditioned & addicted to the system & inherent slavery within it. Humans deserve our plight, & we should be eradicated for failing as an advanced species.

No one needs more than $10million dollars to live more than comfortably for their entire life. End of story. I'm pretty sure we could spread the wealth all damn day long & these greedy billionaire pricks would be just fine.
edit on 11-2-2016 by Esoterotica because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Your hard earned money is taken from you by force.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Esoterotica

There's more than enough money in the world for everyone to thrive. This pathetic constant argument about taxes & taking the "hard earned" wages from one group to another is theft gives me such a headache, you are all so long term conditioned & addicted to the system & inherent slavery within it. Humans deserve our plight, & we should be eradicated for failing as an advanced species.

No one needs more than $10million dollars to live more than comfortably for their entire life. End of story. I'm pretty sure we could spread the wealth all damn day long & these greedy billionaire pricks would be just fine.

Yes.
Bravo.

Thank you.

Yeah, end of story. THE END.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Such baloney.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Esoterotica

It isn't a matter of what one "needs." You don't have the right to tell someone else what they "need" or be the judge if they have more than you deem necessary.

There will never be equality of resources. EVER. There will always be someone who has more than that others. No amount of central planning will ever prevent that from happening.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Just look at the NFL, did you know they are a non profit organization? The NFL... a non profit.

I KNOW! Right?!!! What the hell is that?

Un-freaking-believable. Surreal. I fainted when I first learned that a couple of years ago.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yes, it is a matter of "what one needs"

There should be a maximum standard of living/salary/hoard, and
a minimum standard of

living/health-care/nutrition/clothing/shelter/education.

It should balance out.

Jeezus - some of this thinking in which you people all engage is monstrous.
Truly MONSTROUS.

edit on 2/11/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Here is some research.

The Costs of Public Income Redistribution and Private Charity

"Some fraction of each dollar taxed will always be absorbed in wages and salaries of the administrative bureaucracy, costs of purchasing, powering, maintaining and replacing equipment, buildings, etc., and other overhead costs. Only the remainder will actually be received by the target population in the form of cash or in kind payments. Many advocates of compulsory income redistribution have tended to ignore this inconvenient fact altogether in their writings, however. Indeed, most of the public discussion proceeds with an implicit assumption of costless, dollar-for-dollar income transfers."

"Of course it is also true of private charities dependent on voluntary donations that they have costs absorbing part of their revenue, but there is a huge difference in the efficiency with which they operate relative to government… [P]ublic income redistribution agencies are estimated to absorb about two-thirds of each dollar budgeted to them in overhead costs, and in some cases as much as three-quarters of each dollar. Using government data, Robert L. Woodson… calculated that, on average, 70 cents of each dollar budgeted for government assistance goes not to the poor, but to the members of the welfare bureaucracy and others serving the poor. Michael Tanner… cites regional studies supporting this 70/30 split."

And some more...

Not All Charities Are Equal...
but the majority are fiscally responsible

Private Charity versus Government Entitlements

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

And who determines what will be the maximum standard of living/salary/hoard and the minimum standard of living? If you're making more than that, will there be armed government agents knocking at your door coming to confiscate your money and/or property? Does that give poor people any incentive to better their income and lives ?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Doesn’t the state provide you with certain services?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Excuse me, I know you're staff - but this just doesn't make sense.

There is a clear ceiling to a standard of living that is perfectly comfortable - and beyond which it becomes redundant for the 'owner'. One can manage only so large a fleet of private planes or expensive yachts......but, maybe I'm wrong.

Tell ya what, my nephew works for some uber-rich guy as his "financial advisor" - my nephew isn't even 24 yet. The Koch brothers flew him down to Wichita for a private interview (in their private plane) and offered him the same job, but nephew turned it down on principle.....(as I understand it)...he went with the second offer.

I'll ask him about how it is next time I see him.
Really, though - if you have infinite money, why can't you share it with others?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join