It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump and Sanders Win New Hampshire Primary

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

First, Trump has great ideas to bring companies back into this country. I for one would much rather work than get welfare from government and end up in virtual slavery to the state - a state which will make it so corporations and business owners will leave simply find it more economically viable to leave the country leaving us little more than a third world nation in time.

He has enough gumption to stand up and protect this nations citizenry, which is the job of government despite popular opinion these days.

And he has grace. Something all other candidates but one are seriously lacking in. It is something I very much appreciate in him:

www.angrypatriotmovement.com...

^^ go to the link, and see a president. See someone who doesn't care what other people think when he does the right thing.

RESPECT
edit on 10-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kitana

originally posted by: ExNihiloRed

a reply to: ExNihiloRed

Almost everyone I know wants Carson. I like him well myself, but he is too quiet and soft spoken and just isn't staying in the running. For me, that leaves Trump, and I like him, I think he would do very well as president. His platform would work out wonderfully I believe.

But we all must vote for who we think is best. This is what this is about after all, who best represents us!

Carson likely will drop out after his abysmal showing in NH.

I do agree with you on that. I can't see him staying in at all.

Fox news reported Carson said yesterday he'd rather be on a ticket as VP. I know this source is WND which isn't really viewed as credible on ATS, but I can't find it on the Fox site.

"Ben Carson 'open' to being Trump's VP"
www.wnd.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: MountainLaurel

A lot of us think the tax system is riddled with ridiculous exemptions and deductions too, but does that stop any of us from using any or all of them to pay less in at the end of the year?

And if you got the chance to change the system, wouldn't you?

The thing about business is that a lot of businesses would prefer to simply do their business here, but the reality if that things are such that it is more economical to produce overseas and ship items back. And it isn't labor costs that are the primary factor. It's a lot of things all added together. What needs to happen is a careful analysis of all the factors involved that make it too inefficient for businesses to manufacture inside this country to find that tipping point, and yes, labor is one part of that equation.

Your asking some very good questions and making some good points. I guess for myself the answer is NO, I would not change the system to benefit a few at the expense of the many.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Sanders is giving his victory speech now.

I can hear all the corporate lawyers drafting their merger agreements to leave this country.

Good riddance. They've already outsourced their jobs to India, so in essence,they already left.

The only reason business leaves this country is because it's cheaper to do business elsewhere.

When the simple FACT is all of of are paying MORE for the labor to produce products. Than the actual cost to make them.

They pick up and leave.

Which will get infinitely WORSE under a Sanders regime.

I guess Americans are too good for 'slave' labor, but it's right as rain elsewhere around the world.
edit on 10-2-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You are incorrect about this being only about labor. This is more about taxes than labor.

Out of the 34 countries in the OECD, (Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development) America ranks first with a 39.1 percent corporate tax rate, compared to an OECD average of 24.1 percent. The OECD figure is what’s called the statutory rate, meaning the base rate applied to corporate profits.

Now, that is the statutory rate and not the effective tax rate which takes into effect all the various tax deductions and what corporations actually pay in average. A recent estimate for the effective tax rate comes from the World Bank and International Finance Commission Study, which put the United States’ effective rate for 2014 at 27.9 percent. That’s second-highest behind New Zealand among OECD countries and 15th-highest among the 189 countries measured.

When you are looking at a corporations profits, often 10% can make all the difference in the world. It might even mean a corporation would be happy to pay a little more, if the tax rates were very competitive on the world stage, rather than being among the highest in the world.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

No. Not incorrect.

That's why American and European business flock to China and India.

'Foreign' business investment has different rules.

Hell even in American Foreign business investment plays by different rules that aren't given to the locals.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Explain fully why my analysis is incorrect please.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Sanders is giving his victory speech now.

I can hear all the corporate lawyers drafting their merger agreements to leave this country.

Good riddance. They've already outsourced their jobs to India, so in essence,they already left.

The only reason business leaves this country is because it's cheaper to do business elsewhere.

When the simple FACT is all of of are paying MORE for the labor to produce products. Than the actual cost to make them.

They pick up and leave.

Which will get infinitely WORSE under a Sanders regime.

I guess Americans are too good for 'slave' labor, but it's right as rain elsewhere around the world.

Maybe, if say, pharmaceutical companies didn't charge Americans more than everyone else, then we could live on slave labor salaries.

"According to one study, Americans paid an average of 54 percent more than Europeans for 25 commonly prescribed drugs. "Some essential drugs are especially costly in the United States. A month's supply of Eldepryl, a Parkinson's disease medication from Somerset Labs Inc., costs about $28 in Italy, $48 in Austria and $240 in the United States.".

"Economists say that drug companies -- even foreign ones -- are able to charge American patients a disproportionate share of their research costs"
www.nytimes.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join