It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Sub Forum: The Lounge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
A place where members get together!

Start a thread about things to do... things YOU are doing online...

Maybe thing you might be doing in your area... so you can meet fellow members around you with the same interests?

Say You're having a few beers one night and you feel like chatting with ppl that are doing the same? Why not chat with people of YOUR online community?

Playing a game? Can we download it now?

Or do you just feel like shootin the Sh*t?

Come to The Lounge

Rated R??

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
How does this differ from General Chitchat?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Notice the possible "rated R"

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

So, ATS does '4chan /b/', then?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I don't know what that means?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: chr0naut

I don't know what that means?

It's an IRC picture & chat board where people post VERY random stuff. Mostly NSFW.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
So, so many tentacles.

If such a board were to hypothetically exist, it would likely need to be invisible to non-members, and have a screen the first time you enter it explaining just what you might expect. (Alternatively, allow people to tag threads or posts as NSFW.)

I don't consider its creation likely, but I suppose it is possible.
edit on 8/2/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

Members only.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Akragon; I like this idea (I have thought about having such a forum available as well).

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

It would be cool we had a chat function here years ago it wasn't very popular also strangely as well people often say that they hardly ever check their PM's though I have theorized that's because they are getting warned regularly, it seems people do not come here ;or many do not come here for social reasons which is fine, also many strongly oppose turning this into any type of social chat website. Having said that, I used the chat and enjoyed it and got to know a few memebers differently than the way they post, it's a good idea in my book but to each their own.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Say You're having a few beers one night and you feel like chatting with ppl that are doing the same?

Hey I'm having a beer right now , chatting online , and solving the worlds problems.

Rated R??

Gotcha , Ohh that could go real bad real quick. I'm in lol

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

A part of the site that required age verification, mods would only mod to make sure severe internet bullying wasn't occurring sounds good to me, that's freedom afterall.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
originally posted by: interupt42

intrupt42: Hey I'm having a beer right now , chatting online , and solving the worlds problems.

How is that going/working out?
edit on 8-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

A part of the site that required age verification

Ahh not sure i like that but understand the concern.

Although, I think the bigger concern for the site owners would be the possibility of loosing ad revenue by having R rated or NSFW material hosted on the site?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

How is that going?

Great I agree with everything I say so far, a couple more probably not so much.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: DISRAELI

Members only.

Would we get a jacket?

Maybe we pay a monthly(or quarterly, or yearly) subscription fee, to get in?

I'd say the owners would never go for creating a section of the forum where we could actually speak plainly....BUT, if it could be used to generate revenue, i suspect it might be worth it to them..

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: vethumanbeing

How is that going?

Great I agree with everything I say so far, a couple more probably not so much.

It is good to agree with oneself (a foundation); enables one to identify others not so much in same agreement.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

And that would be the sticking point for any reasonable adult...

"severe internet bullying" doesn't exist. It's word on a screen...if you're too tender to handle them, ignore them. I love how whiners give "bullies" all this power, and then demand someone else do something about it.

Freedom of speech, and freedom of expression means that you can express any opinion you like, no matter how unpopular, without fear of reprisal.

I'd want mods on the lookout for actual harmful stuff like engaging in criminal activity, or conversations that constitute conspiracy to commit criminal activity.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus
A Smoking HOT Jacket (very well made) that absorbs the rooms cigar/cigarette smoke; and the cloth of a paisley pattern that hides accidental liquor spills.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Nah you misunderstood my post, and tried to lump me with a PC crowd which if you know my posting history then you would know that's completely inaccurate, severe internet bullying would qualify as exposing a person where they live their family members posting pictures of that person and using this as leverage threatening using personal knowledge and a host of other grey area (legal) extremes. That's the kind of stuff that would need to be moderated otherwise nothing.

<<   2 >>

join