It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Women Support Bernie Sanders To Chase Boys

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
LOL, the Clinton dinosaurs are climbing out of their pits this week. After Madeline Albright "special place in hell" comments, we now have "Feminist Icon" Gloria Steinem stating that young women are being hormonal and or wanting to impress boys if they are in the Sanders camp!

You can't make this stuff up!

And you thought the Democrats would be boring this election cycle

At least it is heating up.

www.thewrap.com...

Gloria Steinem Slammed for Suggesting Young Women Support Bernie Sanders to Chase Boys

Feminist icon Gloria Steinem has drawn the wrath of the Twitterverse for suggesting that young women supporting Bernie Sanders’ presidential campaign are doing so to gain the attention of men.

“When you’re young, you’re thinking, ‘Where are the boys? The boys are with Bernie,'” Steinem told Bill Maher Friday night on the comic’s HBO show “Real Time.”

Maher leapt right on her comment. “Now if I said that, ‘Yeah, they’re for Bernie because that’s where the boys are,’ you’d slap me,” he said.

“No, I wouldn’t,” she replied.

Maher had been pressing the 81-year-old feminist about why polls suggest that young American women are backing the Vermont senator over Steinem’s preferred Democratic candidate, former secretary of state Hillary Clinton.

“Women are more for [Clinton] than men are,” Steinem said. But when asked why millennials seem to support Sanders more, Steinem explained, “Women get more radical as we get older…. I don’t mean to overgeneralize, I’m sure that you got more radical, but men tend to get more conservative because they gain power as they age and women get more radical because they lose power as they age.”

Plenty of people online seemed willing to slap Steinem for implying that millennial women are fickle (or hormonal) for choosing to support Sanders instead of Clinton.

Plenty of people online seemed willing to slap Steinem for implying that millennial women are fickle (or hormonal) for choosing to support Sanders instead of Clinton.

edit on 7-2-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The panic is enjoyable to watch.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This is preposterous! Gloria Steinham and Madeline Allbright need to realize that our younger women are more informed voters. This is not the 70s revolution. This is a millennial revolution that is more than genders and races. These feministic women are clueless on how insulting they are to women equality and are more harmful than the masochauvistic men in this world.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Now she is gonna push a lot of young men to the Bernie camp

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

I was literally coming here to say that I am going to volunteer for sanders campaign now because of this wonderful news.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The Democratic party doesn't want Bernie because he won't stick to the script, the same reason the GOP doesn't want Trump.

I'm about 90% sure I'm crossing party lines and voting for Bernie this year.

As far as I can see the only people that are pushing Hillary are the power brokers who know she'll play ball.

The PEOPLE want Trump on one side and Sanders on the other.

The corruption from the parties is really starting to show.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Hmmm... Well, that goes to show that there is no political left in the mainstream democrat camp. Right wing rant politics from the democratic parties main mouthpieces? That's the cat out of the bag. Whose joining that party next? Palin?

Good grief.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
There goes her chances for VP.

Well maybe not.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I'd love to ask Gloria why that's a bad thing?

That's a better reason to get involved in politics than the hope of wielding some form of power and influence.

It's why I got involved back while I was still in High School. A lot of good lookin' hotties were backing John Anderson...

Along the way, politics became interesting...and maybe because of that innocense in the beginning, it's why I maintain the interest I do, and the passion.

There is nothing at all wrong with this.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Sure there are. Just as many boys are informed, too.

The fact that there are good lookin' guys/gals in just icing on the cake.

This could be construed as panic. I hope it is.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Does it ever occur to you that Democrats sometimes use humor and irony?

I know that's not as good a hook to hang the Democrat-bashing on ... but still.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Sure there are. Just as many boys are informed, too.

The fact that there are good lookin' guys/gals in just icing on the cake.

This could be construed as panic. I hope it is.

Panic over what?

From whom?

The Democratic machine supporting Hillary?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Indeed.

Her machine is one drop out away from being ready to rock the convention...but she's got unexpected, and definitely unwanted competition...just like in '08.

Sanders should, in a just world, which we all know this isn't, be running away with this...

The clinton camp has to be worried that people are beginning to see through the veil.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I guess I just don't see any "panic" that you and several others have mentioned.

I wasn't a big fan of Hillary in 2008 and I'm not now.

I wish I had a viable candidate to support.

Anyway, thanks for the answer.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This is a silly post but yes I'm sure the establishment and democratic part power brokers are worried about Bernie. This is great news, it means they think he might beat her.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
This is a silly post but yes I'm sure the establishment and democratic part power brokers are worried about Bernie. This is great news, it means they think he might beat her.

The most depressing word in this context?

Superdelegates. Clinton won't make the same mistake as 2008.

Perhaps they may try to woo Bernie with the VP position, although I think she'd be much better served with Julian Castro.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
So basically their hormones are causing them to chase boys into a special place in Hell.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I'm willing to slap Steinem just for being Steinem, does that count?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

This is preposterous! Gloria Steinham and Madeline Allbright need to realize that our younger women are more informed voters. This is not the 70s revolution. This is a millennial revolution that is more than genders and races. These feministic women are clueless on how insulting they are to women equality and are more harmful than the masochauvistic men in this world.

How would you define "masochauvistic?" Did you mean "misogynistic?"

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

"Millennium Revolution" is like an oxymoron.
They're so conformist, they're just doing what they're told.
They couldn't freethink them selves out of a wet paper bag.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join