It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: North Korea has fired a long-range rocket critics see as cover for banned missile test.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Guys stop worrying... Ted Cruz has our backs! All you have to do is vote him in and he'll harden the electrical grid and EMP proof it.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

I would think you would assume all of this anyway ,with the Pacific pivot happening and our owning China so much...

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
North Korean statement has called the launch successful and says they've put a satellite into orbit

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The Pentagon confirmed that it appeared to enter space.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You think it's a legit satellite, as in current tech? Or something like Sputnik?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Somewhere in between. More like the 60s and 70s satellites.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ExNihiloRed

The North Koreans could not even fart in the direction of the US without complete inhalation. As far as the news is concerned we faced threats from the nations of Libya, Syria, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Blah blah blah....

None of these countries will pose a threat unless the current course of the US stays on course. This threat will be one of guerrilla warfare and not major warfare. This is the plan to continue fear and control the masses.

Besides the fact that none of these countries attacked the US or posed a threat physically.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I would think you would assume all of this anyway ,with the Pacific pivot happening and our owning China so much...

We do not own China nor does China own us at this time. That being said, things can and will change and those changes shall be potentially very harsh for many Americans. Longer range thinking could see the emergence of a developing manufacturing base in the US due to the bargain basement value internationally of the dollar within the US. Potentially a rebuilding of the lost middle class however the owners of the companies would no longer necessarily be US.

I hope for the best, watch the trends and persevere those that think I am foolish... I am ready and I hope everyone else is.

BTW I am not a prepper pr any other of that ilk (no offense just not) I am ready with plan A, B, C, D et al when certain triggers are effected. I hope I am wrong and everything stays as utopic as it is in the US today!

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Or a cheap indiscreet launch by a BRICS member....

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Yeah I read about 2 weeks ago that they were planning on launchig a satellite again.

Not really all that much breaking news

& last night or so, the news was that NK was moving missiles to the east (they were preparing).
edit on 6-2-2016 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I am surprised that it took 4 pages before it was mentioned...
EMP that is.
With lack of computer access the average N Korean will not miss it but we sure would!

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
Yeah I read about 2 weeks ago that they were planning on launchig a satellite again.

Not really all that much breaking news

& last night or so, the news was that NK was moving missiles to the east (they were preparing).

They talked about it and were warned not to do it. They did it anyway. I think that is breaking news (and following what happened with the launch and now the aftermath).

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: gardCanada

If EMP were such a threat, why didn't it fry all the solid state circuits of all the radios of all systems and cameras observing the testing sites?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: gardCanada
I am surprised that it took 4 pages before it was mentioned...
EMP that is.
With lack of computer access the average N Korean will not miss it but we sure would!

Yes, the "launch" (dropping) of a nuke from a satellite could be used for that purpose. It would be devastating on the US. Many people here will either posit it is a possibility we should prepare for or one for which we are wholly prepared and have nothing to worry about.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

If EMP were such a threat, why didn't it fry all the solid state circuits of all the radios of all systems and cameras observing the testing sites?

Future threat based on launching a satellite. See my last post.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

High-altitude nuclear explosion

Expert: North Korea prepping EMP attack on U.S.
edit on 7-2-2016 by ExNihiloRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Well yes, it would. But what I think is now they are closer to enabling it to happen or at least now closer AND insane enough to do it to us.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Finally someone understands.

It won't be immediate - - it'll be when this whole global 'recession' reaches maximum peak & Iran/Saudi begins their fight over Middle East.

Sounds crazy, I know. But everyday it's evolving EXACTLY in that formation.

When the dust settles - american electrical grid is outdated & no one is prepping it for upgrades.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

The North Koreans could not even fart in the direction of the US without complete inhalation.

Now that was some MAJOR comical relief for this thread.
I hope you meant it that way instead of just misspelling annihilation . Either way ...it worked...blew Diet Pepsi out my nose.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
According to south Korean spy agencies, NK is planning anther nuclear test

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join