It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your pro Bernie Sanders you better get to the caucus!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
This whole process is stupid. It should be standardized and done either on the same day nation-wide, or over the course of 2-3 days.

It seems Iowa and New Hampshire use this whole thing as a way to boost state revenue...instead of looking for new, innovate and creative industries...they just sell themselves to politicians.

Maybe a four month process with a debate every month. Then, a national vote. Top two go on to the second vote two months later. Per party that is. I like your thinking.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

What gets me is how Bernie *could* really go on the offensive and get downright nasty and dirty with Hillary. Last night, Hillary started to take her gloves off and took quite a few shots at Bernie. Bernie took it in stride though, and didn't lower himself to petty bickering, backhanded attacks or passive aggressive stances.

That speaks volumes to me about his character as a human being, and tells me that Hillary is scared of Bernie.

You might not agree with his politics, and you might not agree with his vision of what America should be...but you have admit Sanders is at least a real human being with a much more honest agenda than other politicians. Win or loose, I think it's good for America to see someone like Sanders involved in politics. A lot of people have given up, believing that no one authentic still exists as a candidate.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

How about we do something about coin flips first...

I also think the electoral college needs to be eliminated. It should be strict popular vote. I think if Hillary wins the nomination, Bernie might still win by write in.

Frankly I would rather have any republican over Hillary, at least maybe then we could prove once & for all their policies are #.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I know. I gave up hope until Bernie was talking about a run. I was a lifelong independent... Had to join the Dems just to vote for him soon enough. The guy has class and a genuine likeability.
He's what he is. I believe that. He is the first person to run since Mike Gravel that actually wanted the job to make the country better rather than embellish their own pocketbooks/epitaph.
And maybe Ron Paul. I think he believes in what he says.

edit on 5-2-2016 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Esoterotica

How about we do something about coin flips first...

I also think the electoral college needs to be eliminated. It should be strict popular vote. I think if Hillary wins the nomination, Bernie might still win by write in.

Frankly I would rather have any republican over Hillary, at least maybe then we could prove once & for all their policies are #.

Bernie supports a national holiday for election day.
Getting rid of the electoral college would mean a Constitutional Convention.
I think it's about time to look at those old documents and make some revisions...

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

When the CEO of Goldman Sachs tries to use fear mongering to dissuade people from Bernie ... you know something is working:

Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein said Sanders is tapping into class-based anger against growing inequality and called his candidacy a “dangerous moment.” Blankfein was speaking Wednesday on CNBC’s “Squawk Box,” according to Politico.

Rawstory

That comment tells me a few things:

1. The CEO sees Sanders as a realistic threat

2. The CEO is trying to "spin" the threat against the average American, trying to strike fear into average Americans

3. The CEO is the one who is actually afraid

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

A thing I find cool is that his 'foreign policy' stance is moderate, and he's not a hawk. I trust that he would take his advisors' thoughts to heart, but his bottom line would still prevail.

And that is fine.

Every other candidate is talking about war. Bernie is more concerned about Domestic Affairs. And that, in my opinion, is at is should be. Infrastructure, Education, Health Care, Income Inequality - should be the most important things on the minds of Americans.....and where the most money is spent. I am so sick of the MIC.

Yeah, ISIS sucks. But the USA can't be the world police. His suggestion that a coalition take on the task is spot on; sure, we'll pitch in, but .....
it's not "our" circus. Yeah, we unleashed the beast......by taunting and provoking....but...................

More carpet bombing?
No....thanks.
More invasions of foreign countries under false allegations?
No.....thanks.

edit on 2/5/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein said Sanders is tapping into class-based anger against growing inequality and called his candidacy a “dangerous moment.

I love how he in the same breath acknowledges the existence of separate financial classes, acknowledges 'growing (income) inequality,' and yet then says people being upset about this or wanting to change it and running on that premise is 'dangerous.'

Peace.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Just mailed out my voter registration form today, needed to change address and party. I'll be voting in my primaries April 19th!

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AceWombat04

Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein said Sanders is tapping into class-based anger against growing inequality and called his candidacy a “dangerous moment.

I love how he in the same breath acknowledges the existence of separate financial classes, acknowledges 'growing (income) inequality,' and yet then says people being upset about this or wanting to change it and running on that premise is 'dangerous.'

Peace.

You express my exact thoughts the first time read that quote a few days ago. I laughed out loud when I read it. Anyone who reads that & agrees with this banker scum is a danger to humanity.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Esoterotica

originally posted by: AceWombat04

Peace.

You express my exact thoughts the first time read that quote a few days ago. I laughed out loud when I read it. Anyone who reads that & agrees with this banker scum is a danger to humanity.

Same here.

Make no mistake, the gross worship of money and the underhanded dishonest practices which led to 2008 aren't even taboo any longer. These things are wide open and not only accepted by many, but openly encouraged.

Go Bernie!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join