It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Hot Chili Peppers to headline Bernie Sanders fundraiser in LA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

Red Hot Chili Peppers will demonstrate their political allegiance to Bernie Sanders, who is seeking nomination as the Democrats’ presidential candidate, by headlining a concert fundraiser in Los Angeles next month. Their performance at the Theatre at Ace Hotel on 5 February follows months of public support for Sanders from the group. In September 2015, they signed a letter of endorsement posted on the senator’s website, while bassist Flea has publicly declared Sanders as the only feasible option for the next president.

I wasn't aware one of my favorite bands not only supports my favorite candidate Sanders but is putting on a show to help fund his campaign. Nothing else to report except that I wish I could go to the concert :sadface:

Any artists supporting Clinton?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Demi Lovato...

Who Clinton had come to a rally last week, heard her sing and then promptly left it seems.

I can't find the story, I think I read it here.

On the topic of Sanders, good for him. The more support he gets from types like Flee among others, will only strengthen his campaign.

I guess we will know when Iowans cast their votes next week.

~Tenth
edit on 1/28/2016 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
guess that means bernie will be "giving it away! giving it away! giving it away now!"?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Being a Bass Player, I absolutely love the RHCP. Flea is a Demi-God in my eyes.

Who's Trumpeting the Trumpster?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

That's a good one. Personally I think RHCP>Katy Perry. Therefore Sander's coolness level highers than Clinton's.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

edit on 28-1-2016 by TheTory because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Trump should get Laibach to perform "Francia".

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Well, I have lost some respect for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, but I would have felt just as bad if they were shilling for Trump. At least they have the decency to not help out Hilary.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

I'm forever near a radio thinking almost the same thing, with one exception. It's always Nick Cave.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

Who the **** is Nick Cave?

If you don't like the Chili Peppers you have no soul, or are 80+years old.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Really? You lost respect for them? Tell us, who do you support because the only other candidate that is worth a damn is Rand Paul.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Red Hot Chili Peppers to headline Bernie Sanders fundraiser in LA

Well, they can obviously afford to "Feel the Bern"!
Bernie is all about taxes and more taxes as a solution to it all. It's going to cause a major snowball effect and "everyone" no matter your income will feel the Bern!
Instead of looking to the already bruised people for more money, he should seek to cut GOV spending. It's grossly out of control and that cut alone would pay for most of what he's trying to do (free college, healthcare etc.)
This is why I am NOT voting for a another career politician! Look at the man behind the curtain to see truth, no matter what the wizard tells you!
edit on 28-1-2016 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Being a Bass Player, I absolutely love the RHCP. Flea is a Demi-God in my eyes.

Who's Trumpeting the Trumpster?

It would be an obvious stunt but, I think they should give musical instruments to everyone who shows up.

That would cause a frenzy the likes of which has never been witnessed.

After all, if the Red Hots can't afford to do that, their heart isn't in the game.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Who?

I've never been able to fathom why pols seem to think that I care which celeb fronts for them? Yeah, I may like their music, or their movies, even their books...but why would I allow that to sway, in anything more than a minuscule way, my thinking/opinion on that particular politician.

I luvs me some RHCP, but I'm most assuredly not voting for Sen. Sanders.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

Who?

Never heard of him. ...and if that's his opinion on RHCP, I don't foresee myself caring about his opinion any time soon.

Trump should bring in KISS...I'd go listen to them, then leave. Free concert.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

But, free instruments for everyone.

Seriously, I'm there.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
www.theguardian.com...

Red Hot Chili Peppers will demonstrate their political allegiance to Bernie Sanders, who is seeking nomination as the Democrats’ presidential candidate, by headlining a concert fundraiser in Los Angeles next month. Their performance at the Theatre at Ace Hotel on 5 February follows months of public support for Sanders from the group. In September 2015, they signed a letter of endorsement posted on the senator’s website, while bassist Flea has publicly declared Sanders as the only feasible option for the next president.

I wasn't aware one of my favorite bands not only supports my favorite candidate Sanders but is putting on a show to help fund his campaign. Nothing else to report except that I wish I could go to the concert :sadface:

Any artists supporting Clinton?

Katy Perry, tseet... I could have sworn RHCP did a fund raiser event for Hillary last year at some point too.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

ROTFLMFAO! Post of the day!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This is just the beginning! Social media will be the deciding factor in 2016 election results!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

KISS would gladly sell out for the right price, that much is for sure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join