It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Hot Chili Peppers to headline Bernie Sanders fundraiser in LA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I'm afraid you may be right. It influences everything else, why not this as well?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'm more amazed how nobody knows who Nick Cave is. The Birthday Party was such an amazing band in the 80's. RHCP are indeed garbage just like Sanders.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Swills

Well, I have lost some respect for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, but I would have felt just as bad if they were shilling for Trump. At least they have the decency to not help out Hilary.

How would you feel if they were supporting Santorum?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The Chilli Peppers have had no soul since Blood Sugar Sex Magic. If you enjoy them beyond that, then my friend, you need to branch out. That's about the time their songs started to sound the same, and repeated over and over again.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

The Chilli Peppers have had no soul since Blood Sugar Sex Magic. If you enjoy them beyond that, then my friend, you need to branch out. That's about the time their songs started to sound the same, and repeated over and over again.

The RHCP's did begin to change after that album. One could debate whether it was for the best, but I think they decided to grow as the music scenes evolved. Such is the norm with any band/artist that is able to stay in the public eye for decades on end.

Their best album was Mother's Milk which really separated them from the other bands that were attempting to pull-off the punk/funk route.

There are only a few bassists that really set standards within the music industry, usually because bass players are the worst musicians in the band, and Flea is one of the best. Not only did he create his own technical style, he is also very active in music education.

He's a great guy.
edit on 28-1-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

You are wrong and you should feel bad about that.

So agree to disagree.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I blame Ronald Regan for starting the whole celebrities as political advisors deal lol

But yeah, I don't much care who my favorite band wants me to vote for either, I buy your music, not your opinions.

If I wanted to do that, I'd sign up for cable.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Who the F$ck is Nick Cave?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Appropriately enough, they will open with Give It Away.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Metallicus

Really? You lost respect for them? Tell us, who do you support because the only other candidate that is worth a damn is Rand Paul.

Right now none of them have earned my support, but I definitely don't want Hilary or Bush. I would rather entertainers stick to entertaining and not shill for political candidates, but that is my opinion and apparently not yours.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Entertainers aren't allowed to support a candidate? What kind of a America do you want live in? There are plenty of entertainers who support Trump and I don't hold it against them. But good news, Bush has zero chance and Clinton may just lose to Sanders. I too can't stand those two.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I'm kidding around a bit. And yes, I'm old.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Swills

Really? You lost respect for them? Tell us, who do you support because the only other candidate that is worth a damn is Rand Paul.

Right now none of them have earned my support, but I definitely don't want Hilary or Bush. I would rather entertainers stick to entertaining and not shill for political candidates, but that is my opinion and apparently not yours.

Then Trump should STFU because he is nothing more than a glorified entertainer.
www.youtube.com...

btw ....he is a member of SAG/AFTRA....the actors union.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Reagan was a movie star.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I can see it now... Anthony Kiedis on stage singing:
What I got, had to take it from your mama
What I got, had to take it from your papa
What I got, had to take it from your daughter
You vote in the Bern and you'll become a pauper.

Other songs on the list:
Under the Bridge (is the only place I can afford to live since rental rates skyrocketed in the face of Bernie's massive minimum wage spike)
Breaking the girl (and the guy, with income taxes to pay for Bern's redistributions to the Kept Voters.)
and of course, The Zephyr Song with its new updated opening:
Can I get your hand to write on
I felt the Bern and my money all gone
Can't even afford a notebook to scribe on.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Funny thing is, Sanders is the only one championing for the working class yet he gets attacked left and right like this.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I am not that old, but seriously RHCP? Sigh, my daughters were all excited when they were playing halftime during one of the last nfl superbowls. Honestly, I was happy to hear the opening act of Bruno Mars. It was so professional and entertaining that when the RHCPs came on jumping around and acting crazy on stage, I could only say BLech! I still am voting for Sanders, just surprised that this band really has any influence!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Somehow Bernie Sanders and the RHCP’s never shared the same thought stream in my cluttered squirrel cage. Bernie’s really messin’ with my head now. I can’t wait to find out who the opening act will be for his next big shindig. Maybe Johnny Rotten will reunite with the Sex Pistols for a patriotic mass orgy, or Joan Jett & the Blackhearts will belt out America the Beautiful, or maybe Iggy Pop & the Stooges will come on and do their rendition of God Bless America clad only in neon, glow-in-the-dark jock straps. Who’d a thunk it? Here I had Bernie pegged as a Simon & Garfunkel dude, or maybe James Taylor or Joan Baez. Hmmmm...

Just goes to show how off-the-mark our perception of others can be. Sometimes it really hits me how truly clueless I am.

Rock on, Bernie...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

It must be because you're old if you don't like them. I saw them in concert twice and they put on one hell of a show. Too bad the super bowl half time show had them lip singing because it really takes away from their passion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join