It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE answer to stopping "The Era of the Offended"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Ignore any typos. My mobile can have an autocorrect mind of its own.

All I see are humans at odds anymore. Anything good happens and some people complain. Bad happens and obviously people complain. Whatever opinions and ideas and anything someone has, another will complain.

Religion. Abortion. Wealth. Poverty. Politics. Sexuality. Gender. Lottery winners. Celebrities. Addiction. Education. Refugees. Housing. Insurance. Clothing choices. Food choices. Prison. I cam go on and on and on. It's not just USA but the world.

We can't please everyone 100% of the time.

Or can we?

The only way to stop the Offended Humans is simple.

Every person in the entire world will:

Wear a head to toe grey single covering with a head and face cover. Something akin to a rectangular "fencing" (think of a hoop skirt but head to toe) so no body shape is evident. Also a general height of 7 foot tall is good so most will wear platforms.

The above will stop folks being offended about body size and hair styles and eye color and height.

Homes will be all duplicated, all same color just as the clothing. Furniture inside Wil be the same world wide, same grey color, same setup in all rooms. Carbon copies.

This way MO one will be offended that someone else has a better home or better anything.
Music and movies will be played same time so no one is different or offended.

Jobs will be the same job (somehow) same pay, same hours so no one will be offended that Jones makes more than Smith.

Do the same for vehicles. One make, one model, all the same inside, grey color. No one will be offended because Smith has a better car then Jones.

Forget talking. If someone has an offensive voice, we can't have that. No way. So all humans will communicate via preprinted cards, non offensive sentences, blah blah.

Too much more to write, and this couldn't be a thing anyway. More of a satire if anything. I guess folks will always be offended or going to war and fighting over "my way is the only way".....

So sad
at least in the old days, people were more" live and let live". And were not vocal about opinions. At least not in public. Adults would speak on things at the dinner table or in bed at night.

Now it's just pure hate openly if anyone speaks differently. It's so so sad.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833
Ignore any typos. My mobile can have an autocorrect mind of its own.

All I see are humans at odds anymore. Anything good happens and some people complain. Bad happens and obviously people complain. Whatever opinions and ideas and anything someone has, another will complain.

Religion. Abortion. Wealth. Poverty. Politics. Sexuality. Gender. Lottery winners. Celebrities. Addiction. Education. Refugees. Housing. Insurance. Clothing choices. Food choices. Prison. I cam go on and on and on. It's not just USA but the world.

We can't please everyone 100% of the time.

Or can we?

The only way to stop the Offended Humans is simple.

Every person in the entire world will:

Wear a head to toe grey single covering with a head and face cover. Something akin to a rectangular "fencing" (think of a hoop skirt but head to toe) so no body shape is evident. Also a general height of 7 foot tall is good so most will wear platforms.

The above will stop folks being offended about body size and hair styles and eye color and height.

Homes will be all duplicated, all same color just as the clothing. Furniture inside Wil be the same world wide, same grey color, same setup in all rooms. Carbon copies.

This way MO one will be offended that someone else has a better home or better anything.
Music and movies will be played same time so no one is different or offended.

Jobs will be the same job (somehow) same pay, same hours so no one will be offended that Jones makes more than Smith.

Do the same for vehicles. One make, one model, all the same inside, grey color. No one will be offended because Smith has a better car then Jones.

Forget talking. If someone has an offensive voice, we can't have that. No way. So all humans will communicate via preprinted cards, non offensive sentences, blah blah.

Too much more to write, and this couldn't be a thing anyway. More of a satire if anything. I guess folks will always be offended or going to war and fighting over "my way is the only way".....

So sad
at least in the old days, people were more" live and let live". And were not vocal about opinions. At least not in public. Adults would speak on things at the dinner table or in bed at night.

Now it's just pure hate openly if anyone speaks differently. It's so so sad.

Thanks for reading.

So true, so true...all this to apply to everyone....except the leaders.....of course.....

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

The "Era of the offended"? It seems a more accurate term would be "Human History". There's never not been offended people, nor has there never not been people greatly impacting their societies based purely on being offended.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Grey offends me, if you want to create a head-to-toe uniform and safe space for me, then I want all of the primary colours represented because to leave just one out is clearly an act of discrimination.

I have a right to be offended by what you have written and I also have a right to defend my rights from your tyrannical precept that grey is the best colour choice in this New World Order, it is borderline racist and bigoted.

Everyone, except me, should immediately stop breeding.

Yours Sincerely,

A precious snowflake.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

The problem isn't so much that people get offended... Regardless of the circumstance it's going to happen. The Issue is that society puts too much merit on the emotional well being of the individual(there are some exceptions where this is acceptable of course) and this leads to people losing sight of the fact that people have differing perspectives on a given subject.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The "Association of The Color-Blind" is offended at your request for primary colors.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

It is all right to be offended just like it is all right to have views that offend others. If someone gets offended, maybe they have some reasoning behind it. Listen and see if it sounds reasonable to you. If it doesn't, don't worry too much about it.
edit on 27pmWed, 27 Jan 2016 19:39:35 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

OP?

If I don't offend at least one person a day, then I'm not doing my job.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I have come to realize that "Offended" is contagious and electronically transmitted.

Misery loves company, and the 'offended' find fuel for their discontent right here on the internet. Strength in numbers, you know.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

The problem isn't so much that people get offended... Regardless of the circumstance it's going to happen. The Issue is that society puts too much merit on the emotional well being of the individual(there are some exceptions where this is acceptable of course) and this leads to people losing sight of the fact that people have differing perspectives on a given subject.

...spot on, but you didn't finish... "The Issue is that society puts too much merit on the emotional well being of the individual and this leads to people losing sight of..."

...the fact that every emotion is univeral and that the modern hyper-individualistic ideology has blinded us from remembering that we're all in this # together and how to simply shut the Fk up and get over our petty differences, which has become our perversed focus.

Our overtly 'politically correct' and overtly 'entertained' society has split into the extremes of our collective emotions, either everything's a joke or everything is worth taking so serious that it's worth killing over. The grey in between is nothing but the moaning, angry whine we hear and express everyday... which the media in turn uses to feed off and regurgitate the common ideology we find ourselves submitting to every time we walk out our door.

The counter effect of the information age is a silent 'wonderkill', the death of the common unknown inwhich until recently humanity could solely retreat to at the end of the day and quietly reflect. Nostalgia is the high, Information is the drug and our collective emotional conscious is the cost.

edit on 27-1-2016 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

This offends me

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

the "Society of the Spectrally Challenged Individuals" is offended at being called colour blind.
edit on 27-1-2016 by Daavin because: addition

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daavin
a reply to: DBCowboy

the "Society of the Spectrally Challenged Individuals" is offended at being called colour blind.

The Spectrally Challenged of America are offended at the word "colour".

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Daavin

The "Organization of the Deaf and Audibly Disabled" is offended that they have not been mentioned yet.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Daavin

The "Organization of the Deaf and Audibly Disabled" is offended that they have not been mentioned yet.

I tried giving them a shout!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The one thing I hate more than political correctness, is people complaining about hating political correctness.

Same goes for people going on about hating people being offended.
edit on 27-1-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

The root of the problem is Control. we must be modified in all we say and do, thus giving them control. "Them " is very apparent and needs no clarification.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This sounds more like IT's Camazotz from the story "A Wrinkle in Time" than something I would like to live in, people need color and variety to thrive, otherwise we become lethargic and complacent, with no imagination. Like drones.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This is one topic that has always offended me.

Beware the power of the weak because they can let everyone know they are offended and get so many good natured idiots to complain for them.

Beware those who think the compensation of being offended is a good income. The more you present your suffering self to the media the more you are likely to get - in some cases in the UK if you 'suffer' enough and just love publicity you could even end up ahead of some trust or maybe in the House of Lords.

Either way these insufferable 'professional sufferers' get their hour's worth of glory in the shallow media.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

The "Era of the offended"? It seems a more accurate term would be "Human History". There's never not been offended people, nor has there never not been people greatly impacting their societies based purely on being offended.

Yeah, but you can't deny people are more offended than they have been in recent memory. And over all the wrong things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join