It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE answer to stopping "The Era of the Offended"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
OP your proposed solution has been attempted and lusted for by some very powerful people.

Its called technocracy

I havent studied it extensively, but i believe the basic premise is that through technology and scientific understanding we can make the most logical social decisions and enforce them.

GM even had a color called 'technocracy grey' for their vehicles in the idea's hayday

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
It's not a problem that some people get offended. As a matter of fact I think offending people sometimes is needed to highlight when something is going too far [like religion for example].
However what is important is how we react to people being offended. In this day and age when one out of a hundred is offended, the 99 have to change to please the one.

I wish the one would tell us that they don't like it and then the 99 nod, acknowledge and get on with it. There is a reason why in democracy the majority has more say than the minority.

Also as to the OP, I am offended by the grey square you suggest anyone should wear. Why not a sphere? Are spheres less acceptable? I am offended by corners. Pfff.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
The one thing I hate more than political correctness, is people complaining about hating political correctness.

Same goes for people going on about hating people being offended.

My favorite thing on Earth is to see someone complain about others complaining. It's a true irony sandwich.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well they need to sit down and stay quiet. I'm sick of them and their Vision-Appropriation attempts!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Well they need to sit down and stay quiet. I'm sick of them and their Vision-Appropriation attempts!

The Super PAC "Vision-Appropriation and Large Sums Of Money" is highly offended at your attempt to cast a negative light on people who might be verbally challenged by telling us to stay quiet.

Some don't have a choice in the matter. The "Society For Those Who Have Sore Throats And Don't Want To Speak" is very upset.

You'll be hearing from our lawyers.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Actually, you won't be hearing from the lawyers.

They too belong to the "Society For Those Who Have Sore Throats And Don't Want To Speak".

Instead you'll be getting a very irate letter written in pen and on parchment. Just to show how serious they are.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

First of all OP, good thread.
Now Sub if everyone but You stops breeding, does that mean that You will, single handedly, (Pun intended), do that alone?! LMFAO!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I'm telling the Mods on you!

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

This sounds like a dystopian novel I'd consider reading - You've got me sold on the idea!

Sadly, this is how the world works now - Every little thing can be considered offensive. I was told stories by people twice my age where when they would have a problem with a bully, they could get away with dealing them what they had coming and leave. My generation now has to apologize to the bully because "we hurt their feelings".

Also unfortunately is that it seems to me people are getting worse about being offended. I'm offended that you don't like X because...reasons. I'm offended that Linux can't run Windows software right out of the box (Yes, I actually heard this in the lunch room yesterday). I don't like that you enjoy classical music!

If everyone and everything were the same, then life would be boring. Some people need to just grow up and realize that life is easier when you aren't insulted by another's preferences.

-foss

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

The one thing I hate more than political correctness, is people complaining about hating political correctness.

"It offends me that you're offended over the people that were offended, over the people offended by people being offended by people that were... "

The cycle never ends....because people choose to play that game instead of simply drawing the line within morality. Not because it offends, but because it between right or wrong.

How do we draw the line? By agreeing with what we can agree with. But for this we need to start over from zero and go back to basics. Moral Law.

The ten Commandments

Thou shall not steal, tresspass, or kill. (This is called, avoiding hurting people)
Though shall honour thy neighbor....(Mutual respect, Bygones be bygones. )
Thou shall not lie.(Because common sense tells us not to trust liars, I think this is fair.)
etc...

Perhaps this long line of offensiveness is telling us something we do not want to see. That in reality people hate each-other, but mostly because they hate themselves so much that they see the flaws in others and point the fingers. There is alot of things that comes from that, but I simply named a few right here.

What you just described, was the new world order. (Though I saw your true intentions and the real message behind your post. It was well thought out.)

But Sublime beat me to it with his post:

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Grey offends me, if you want to create a head-to-toe uniform and safe space for me, then I want all of the primary colours represented because to leave just one out is clearly an act of discrimination.

I have a right to be offended by what you have written and I also have a right to defend my rights from your tyrannical precept that grey is the best colour choice in this New World Order, it is borderline racist and bigoted.

Everyone, except me, should immediately stop breeding.

Yours Sincerely,

A precious snowflake.

edit on th2016000000Saturdayth000000Sat, 30 Jan 2016 08:36:33 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoSat, 30 Jan 2016 08:36:33 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Political "correctness" is preventing , progress, original thought, freedom of speech, education, science, religion, individual opinions etc etc etc. In a nutshell it is preventing society to be a society and grow and move on and learn because everything is a no no and every week there is a new "no no" that gets added to the faccist pile of politcal "correctness".

Politcal "correctness" is only used to abuse.
What you just said , to me sounds a lot like "The one thing i hate more then cancer is people who complain about cancer " Which is exactly what Political "correctness" is.
edit on 30-1-2016 by everyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2016 by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Yeah ok I was sooooo comparing it to cancer. whatever gets you through the night.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Sounds like you hate yourself.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Does it? How so?

Sounds like my slightly sarcastic post hit a very raw nerve for a couple of you

edit on 31-1-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Yeah ok I was sooooo comparing it to cancer. whatever gets you through the night.

It is what is commonly known as a analogy.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Taking a tongue in cheek comment on political correctness, then making an analogy between political correctness and cancer is a real class act....
edit on 31-1-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'm offended. Because someone, somewhere, might be offended.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join