It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

we are being counted...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It's come to my attention that in holland they want to tatoo civilians so each person has an individual number. Many governments want us to be microchiped so they can track us anywhere in the world using satelites. Face scanning, eyes scanning, thumb scanning, palm scanning...all of those are ways to count us. were being counted where ever we go, numbers and statistics...but for what? ID cards for every soul living in the UK will be compulsary by 2012. people already have student cards, drivers lisence, passport, why do we need another form of ID. other than to make money on issuing and re-issuing out of date cards, to count us, and to keep track of us on this prison planet we are becoming and will soon become so natural to us that we won't take a stand for what's right.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
wow i find that hard to believe!? but do you have a link on that tattoo in holland? I'd hate to see the world come to that, but government is a sick thing.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
It's come to my attention that in holland they want to tatoo civilians so each person has an individual number.

Yeah please provide a link to this report so it can be judged accordingly. I just can't believe that the people would allow themselves to be tattooed by their government.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Being born Dutch has me wanting a link as well...there is some bad history about tattooing in that neck of the woods...I know my parents would be horrified at the thought.
I just can't fathom the Dutch going for it at all.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It certainly is disturbing. All the talk of compulsory biometric ID cards, vehicle blackboxes and tracking / cataloguing us all, and for what purpose.
I'm afraid I just don't buy the security and war on terrorism crap the governments keep spouting as a reason. I have a clear record, never been in trouble with the police so I can travel extensively and pose no risk. However, only I know what my thoughts and intentions are and no amount of ID cards and cataloguing will reveal that.

I do not see what right the state has to know where I go, who I meet, what route I take, what speed I drive at etc.... etc...

I have always been a law abiding person but there comes a time when you have to just take a step back and look at what is being imposed, and by whom and ask them, as representatives of the people and public servants, just what the hell they are doing.
After all, they are elected representatives and are not there to give themselves sweeping dictatorial powers over the rest of us. Unless of course we let that happen

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Really??
you got any links about this, i feel ive got to go report hunting in abit! jeezzz....its very disturbing.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
i beginning to think that i may have dreamt the tattoo numbering thing, but im sure i saw it on yahoo news, or somewhere posted on this site. i will still be looking out, yet the tattoo think would be a bit of an old technology, im sure the governments would want us all to have microchips.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
All followers had to show the mark of the Beast.
I am English, and don't even want to carry the new chiped ID card.
No way would I be tattooed

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

It's come to my attention that in holland they want to tatoo civilians so each person has an individual number.

I find this hard to believe, please post a link if one is available. One of my best friends is Dutch and lives in Amsterdam and he says that most Dutch people don't carry around any ID with them because of their experience with the Nazi occupation and their requirements to carry papers.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
at the moment im still searching for a link. im sure i either saw it on yahoo news, or someone on here had elaborated further on it and gave a link. if that part about the tattooing isn't true then im sorry for bringing it up...yet it also means i must be crazy/dreaming/suffering from insomnia.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   

at the moment im still searching for a link. im sure i either saw it on yahoo news, or someone on here had elaborated further on it and gave a link. if that part about the tattooing isn't true then im sorry for bringing it up...yet it also means i must be crazy/dreaming/suffering from insomnia.

Or it could have gone into a memory hole, so to speak. It could be that the link was there, but no longer exists. I don't think you're crazy. I think that whoever had the link up in the first place might have obliterated it.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I FOUND IT

www.propagandamatrix.com...

the picture stuck in my head that's why i thought it was a tattoo, but it could also be in the form of a microchip, or prehaps just every individual assigned a number. then again they would need some way of identifying that person with the number otherwise there would be many mixups...likelyhood is that you will have a tattoo number or microchip.

[edit on 8-1-2005 by shaunybaby]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
There is nothing on that page about them being tatooed

The new personal identification code will replace the so-called social and tax identification (SOFI) number

This is supposed to be conspiratorial? They are giving out something like american social security numbers? And aren't teh Dutch going thru some, issues, with recent islamic immigrants? This is probably an attempt to have some control over immigration and standardize proofs of identity.

edit to add

Why have you misleadingly included a pic of someone with a series of numbers and symbols tattooed on their arms? There is nothing in the page you cited at all that says anything about tatoos, why the deliberate attempt to mislead?

[edit on 8-1-2005 by Nygdan]

edit
sorry had to include this

the new BSN, content-wise, will be identical to its defunct cousin, digit for digit.

its even the same exact number.

[edit on 8-1-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
www.propagandamatrix.com...

the picture is on that page, it is actually misleading. like i said the picture stuck in my mind so when i couldn't find the article again the only thing that stuck in my mind was the tattoo part. sorry for the confusion

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
[edit on 063131p://43016 by instar]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

i beginning to think that i may have dreamt the tattoo numbering thing, but im sure i saw it on yahoo news, or somewhere posted on this site. i will still be looking out, yet the tattoo think would be a bit of an old technology, im sure the governments would want us all to have microchips.

FFs kid, you talk such crap. I have a very hard time accepting anything you say after reading several of your post's! Get your story and facts straight BEFORE you post ok.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
o.k well lets get this straight ive admitted i got the tattoo thing wrong, from the picture, which was the only thing i remembered, since i could find the article i thought i may aswell say it was a tattoo as thats what the picture showed. as for denouncing my other posts... f**kyou, what i write is facts with a bit of oppinion, just because you don't like what i say doesnt mean you're right. i wouldn't actually mind if you prehaps pointed out some of these eledged facts that i have got wrong, the crap i supposedly talk. thanx for your oppinion its great to see how all the ats members ( *political correctness, not all ats members but instar inparticular and prehaps some more) treat their fellow forum users.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'm content with your explanation, shaunababy...I'm just glad to have this issue cleared up. It's not so unlike the S.I.N. numbers that Canadians are given. S.I.N.= social security number
But that sin # for us has caused all kinds of misuse...

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
plus now the new hp pocket pc has a built in fingerprint reader for security. Its also bcoming cost effective ad on for notebooks. I have a pocket pc for phone (xda II) amd sometimes, it randomly connects to the net automatically for no reason.

If the new HP pocket pc's have the fingerprint reader, how soon till its on the phone editon pocket pc's ? (im not talking about smart phones). Who knows where a scan of ur print could be sent from ur phone?

btw, is there anyway to delete ur social secrity number and delete ur identity? if one had been born in some remote area, theyd have no birth certificate and could never be catalogued. However, once u have that, you have a social security number (here in uk, i guess the equivalent is National Insurance number), and are basically tagged anyway.

I remember in this movie where this hacker was messing up someones life, one he got to sical security number, he was able to get all the info on that person needed. adress, credit history, shopping habits etc.

i think the tagging is already partially done therefore, and all they need to do is better link up all the databases on the person (hence why national id called for). There was a decent article in the economist last yhear bout this, and how the biggest threat to privacy is if all the datsbases on a person are collated into one big database.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Tattoing persons will have absolutely no practical value. Its possibly to alter, remove or falsify a tattoe. Besides its quite inconvenient using an old fashoined scanner to identify persons...

RFID or a similar wireless technology would be far superior to a tattoe even though these could be tampered with as well.

Regarding SIN/SSN/XXX numbers to identify individuals, I don't share your scepticism. Where I'm from, SSNs (Social Security Number) have been used since 1968 with only convenience as a result. Of course there might have been some misuse, but none that I've experienced nor heard of.

Its not like in the movies where someby can take over your identity by using your SSN

[edit on 9-1-2005 by helten]

<<   2 >>

join