It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blizzard strikes East Coast; motorists stranded for hours in Kentucky

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Piers Corbyn, (the firebrand brother of British Labour party leader, Jeremy Corbyn) forecast back in 2010 extreme winter weather storms for North America's eastern seaboard, (as well a very cold winter in 2010 for much of Europe) and perhaps even down to the gulf, and perhaps even these severe winter storms recurring.
In the first part of this video a bit of background on him, and the methodology used, the second part is in interview.

The second video is a bit of a barny with a Russian researcher on RT, about the AGW controversy, after the leaking of the UEA e-mails. A bit of fun too with similar sounding surnames as pronounced by the interviewer.

*Phil Jones mentioned in the video temporarily resigned, but now has a newly created post in the same area.

Maybe his worth listening to, seemingly he makes bets on principle on his teams forecasts...and wins!

edit on 23-1-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IronNuts

"I think Edmonton has the worst drivers I have ever encountered though. I've seen 30-50 car accidents on the way to Leduc."

I'm an hour or so north of Edmonton and I completely agree. They're bad drivers in the summer, winter they get full on stupid. My husband is a truck driver and this morning there was a call put out for anyone with any medical training to help, there were so many accidents on one of the highways. I think he said hwy 43.

I saw on CNN they were calling for all people, vehicles and pedestrians, to be off the roads, in New York. Or be ticketed, or jailed. I don't remember that ever happening up here.
We just call for more medics, more tow trucks...

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
New York city will be receiving over 2 feet of snow before its over.
You can't just plow snow off to the sides of the road the way you can in the country. There will also be wind blown snow from roofs collecting in the streets below.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I was just listening to the CNN news again, and she said that in previous snowstorms, many deaths were caused by carbon monoxide poisoning.
Yesterday a weatherman was telling people to start their cars for 5 minutes at a time to keep warm, and never warned about tailpipes and deeper snow.

Even if the tailpipes are clear, the poisonous fumes might still back up into older cars.

Keep a warm blanket in your vehicles, please!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

With power out many improvised space heaters and older generators produce carbon monoxide.
Don't know if the high winds alone will cause much of a problem but there is icing in some areas.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Outside Gettysburg Pennsylvania we're at 30 inches and still snowing. Travel bans have been called by most counties/cities. The county next to us just announced don't call 911 unless absolutely necessary as it will take a plow or two and a firetruck to get there.

Here, well, it's a snowstorm. We loaded up our wood pile, have the wood stove going, battery lanterns in each room if power goes and an assortment of food that can be cooked on the wood stove.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Same here in South Jersey....we are buried & the 2nd blast just moved in. Just heard 2 transformers blow, hopefully we can get through this without losing power...I know a lot of people are without power right now. Hope they got a genni, & know how to use it correctly!!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
While the powers try to convince you that the earth has never been warmer, the US is continually being hit by polar vortexes that have a pattern similar to the glacial extent of last ice age. If the opposite is true and the earth is entering a cooling phase, these storms are likely to become much more severe in coming years.

Rug up

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
It has been snowing non-stop since 12:00pm Friday in N Virginia.
The storm arrived 1 hr early. This morning at 8:30am I had ~19 inches
of snow, then at 2:30pm 33 inches & it started snowing really hard
around 3:00pm. So tomorrow morning should be interesting.

My small shoveled area for my dog after keeping at bay all day
bloody filled almost 1/2 back in between 3pm & 5pm...agh!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Basically in Philadelphia, PA and its still blizzard like. Crazy

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Your husband has much more patience than me, I wouldn't be able to drive an 18 wheeler. The urge to just flaten the cars that cut in when braking for a stop light would be far too great. I worked right by the airport and remember seeing passenger trucks that would be eighty to a hundred feet off the highway through three feet of snow. I just remember driving passed stuff bewildered by how a vehicle could end up in the position it was. All I have to say is drive safe and pretend like everyone else on the road is trying to kill you. It's helped me on my bike.

Cheers, Nuts

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Ektar
If you have 33 inches of snow on the ground your actual snow fall is probably 40 inches or more. As it builds up the upper lairs will compact the lower. One year we had 21 feet of snowfall but about six to eight feet on the ground depending where.

Cheers, Nuts

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

I don't know, but this is the first year that I didn't have to worry about my kids having to travel in the crap. They have always had jobs that expected them to get to work in this kind of weather, heck one of my sons even made his boss rent him a motel room across from the store he was working at if they wanted him to keep the danged store open. Hopefully this is the one big snowstorm for western virginia this year. we usually only get one or two that are real pains (that you actually have to go out and shovel). I am hoping we don't get a second this year.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I know this thread is about a "snow storm"...but...IMHO i believe this is by design. Planes have been flying along the Western seaboard, leaving "contrail" after "contrail" after "contrail", for the past week or so. It's been constant. Now, if this isn't geo-engineering at work, then....where are people traveling to and fro'? We just got out of the holiday season, so i doubt it's vacation time. So, what's up with all the activity in the sky???

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
We ended up with about 3' by this morning with drifts even higher.

Shoveling the roof:

Shoveling the other roof:

Thinking about jumping off of the roof:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JuJuBee
I know this thread is about a "snow storm"...but...IMHO i believe this is by design. Planes have been flying along the Western seaboard, leaving "contrail" after "contrail" after "contrail", for the past week or so. It's been constant. Now, if this isn't geo-engineering at work, then....where are people traveling to and fro'? We just got out of the holiday season, so i doubt it's vacation time. So, what's up with all the activity in the sky???

Since the dawn of time winter weather has occurred in the winter , common sense would tell you that is what caused this storm.

Additionally your perception is that their was more flight traffic, with the multitude of flight tracking web sites that should be easy for you to prove..

Try and make friends with Occam as he helps make life easier

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JuJuBee
....where are people traveling to and fro'? We just got out of the holiday season, so i doubt it's vacation time. So, what's up with all the activity in the sky???

I fly almost every week for work and most flights I am on are booked solid. People travel for work regularly and it is prime season to travel to the Caribbean as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join