It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator During Gun Control Hearing: I Don’t Want to Hear About This Constitution Thing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The true flags always rise when confrontation becomes threatening.

!!! Now we have a U.S. Senator saying the U.S. Constitution is getting in the way of the Obama gun debate !!!

Senator Barbara Mikulski (D, MD) says not getting involved in constitutional arguments is the solution !!!!

Well that should seal the deal.

just can't make this stuff up ....
Senator During Gun Control Hearing: I Don’t Want to Hear About This Constitution Thing

“I look forward to…listening to the attorney general and listening to this wonderful panel that you’ve invited to participate today,” Mikulski, a Democrat and ardent supporter of gun control, said in her opening remarks ahead of a Senate Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Subcommittee hearing, which heard testimony from Attorney General Loretta Lynch.

“So let’s solve the problem,” Mikulski urged. “Let’s not get involved in constitutional arguments, and let’s help our American people be safe and secure in their home, their neighborhood, their school and their house of worship.”

Danger Will Robinson !!!

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

does she think we're talking about some other "Constitution"? Can we please fire her?

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

does she think we're talking about some other "Constitution"? Can we please fire her?

I have to agree here.

She took an Oath I'm sure.

This is a classic example of someone needing to lose their Job.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure this quote is being taken out of context, but I can't stand Barbara Mikulski, so I'll let it slide. Carry on.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Don't worry thank our founders fathers for our constitution and a supreme court that will make sure the moron congressmen and women like Senator Barbara Mikulski (D, MD) will be reminded soon enough that the constitution does matter.

edit on 21-1-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
At least she's being honest.

We know liberals don't give a crap about the constitution when it gets in the way of their agenda.

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Came in to this thread to confirm that this Senator was a Democrat.

I'm leaving satisfied.
edit on 21-1-2016 by PresidentCamacho because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If you don't want to uphold our Constitution, then find another job.
You took the oath to uphold it, so do your damn job or go home. .....

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Even though the Republicans pay more lip service to it, they ALL swear an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution.

Besides Ron Paul, has any other politician actually taken this oath seriously?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
At least she's being honest.

We know liberals don't give a crap about the constitution when it gets in the way of their agenda.

That is a wildly inaccurate statement.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'm pretty sure this quote is being taken out of context, but I can't stand Barbara Mikulski, so I'll let it slide. Carry on.

True. I don't know anything about her, to form an opinion either way, but I think it is out of context.

Most people argue about what the 2nd amendment EXACTLY means. People pull apart one word or another word. I believe she meant that the never ending argument over the semantics was not the purpose of the hearing.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Only politicians get into the argument of what the second amendment means, the supreme court already has done their interpretation of the law, is not argument, but heck politicians and those against guns right, will still keep beating the drum on it.

Without legislation to amend the law gun rights will be as it stand today by the supreme court interpretation.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
What was that pesky thing she swore to uphold again?

Obama liberals sure are dumb, and so easy to spot.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

The whole issue is just political stance to cater to certain groups that are against guns for obvious reasons, we are in election year, so we will hear more about the same old same until then.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I'll agree to the limits that the leftists want to put on guns when I get to place the same limits on their rights to free expression.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The voters need to "show" Mikulski the door.
Roll up a copy of the Constitution and put it inside the boot that will hang from her derriere.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Not only is that a statement that should loose any official their job, but furthermore, it is a bloody stupid thing to say during a debate on gun control related issues. For one thing, it is deliberately inflammatory, and if one were to be arguing for greater control on guns, it not only reveals the huge hole in ones argument (that being the fact that any argument which requires that one ignore the constitution, cannot be acted upon afterward in a nation which has not abandoned the constitution) but shows a total lack of understanding of their role in things.

Absolutely unacceptable.
edit on 21-1-2016 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Employees of the NRA in Congress use simplistic, black & white "constitutional" arguments to block any legislation that might have a negative impact on handgun manufacturer's profits. She is basically saying: "Let's not waste time rehashing the same thing over and over again, let's look for solutions to the current wave of violence."

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Is not that, even when the NRA lobbying is strong, still is the issue of who will take the second right amendment to legislate on it, I can only see the protest raising up in Washington with plenty of Pro second rights voters holding their guns in the air in front of congress.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The Senator is a gem and a great example of .....

well I don't really know actually.

Barbara Mikulski

Barbara Ann Mikulski (born July 20, 1936) is the senior United States Senator from Maryland and a member of the Democratic Party, serving since 1987. Mikulski, who served in the United States House of Representatives from 1977 to 1987, is the longest-serving woman in the history of the United States Congress.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join