It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic Collapse is imminent. Finalize your preps now.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: DBCowboy

Wrong forum section.

Why?

If we were facing an economic collapse, the government would tell us, right?

Because they wouldn't lie to us and they are there to take care of us!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb

A very good indicator of word business is The Baltic Dry Index

Back in November, the Baltic Dry Index dropped below 500 for the first time in recorded history, and it has kept falling ever since. On Wednesday morning it fell to a low of 369.

To put that into perspective, the index was as high as 1,222 in August, and it has fallen 84% from a recent peak of 2,330 in late 2013.

link

Not only might the Baltic Dry's crash be signalling another big global correction, it also highlights the dire straits the shipping industry is in.

China has driven the global shipping industry for the past couple of decades by importing huge amounts of raw materials to fuel growth. Now China's economy is cooling, and that's hitting the shipping industry hard.

A big report in The Daily Telegraph on Tuesday raised the issue of so-called zombie ships causing massive problems for the industry.

So it does appear we are closer to a full on meltdown than before.

I don't think the Baltic Dry Index (BDI) measures what you (or many others) think it does. The BDI is not a measure of how much freight is being moved by sea. It is absolutely not an indicator that we are closer to a full on meltdown than before - unless you mean we've come a few inches closer down a 1,000-mile road.

What the BDI does is measure the cost of shipping containers by sea. Typically, the index is a decent leading indicator, but there are other forces at play currently besides demand. Supply of mega-container ships has recently been significantly increased, and fuel prices have been drastically decreased. Thus, prices are coming down. China's demand hasn't even shrunk recently, it's just been growing at a slower pace.

It's unfortunate there's so much nonsense out there currently, as I'm sure there are a lot of people making financial decisions for themselves based on bad information presented as real/true. I've felt for a long time now that the lies/nonsense talk on economic topics in the market are meant to lead the markets in ways which don't make sense, so that those who understand what is actually happening can take further advantage. My guess is that's what's happening here with all of the misunderstanding of what the BDI actually measures and means.

Relax - Here's what the Baltic Dry Index actually is
edit on 1/20/2016 by dogstar23 because: Company Computers suck

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I've been told that my previous posts were political trolling. Sorry.

The economy won't collapse because government would tell us if it were.

There.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: Gazrok

I was like Euw good Gazrock, then saw your OP content.

You know when ppl fear, they argue against the truth right? I am thinking they run in the opposite direction from it in fact.

So, this is an important topic, and the only thing I can say is thank you for sharing current events which are unfolding rapidly.

You have seen most likely, but your Op reminds me of this guy and the reality that the majority of people live in. Now granted in the more CT/debunker/alternative news sites and forums we may have a little advantage, but from some of the posts so far not by much. Ok here you go, wellll worth the time to watch.

I usually don't like this guy's videos. However, in this one, he was very clear and to the point. He didn't mumble or speak in any strange way. The people in this one truly stunned me. In several instances he says "WE can go into the coin shop..." I would have been dragging him and the coin into the coin shop.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

I do not get that the Op is trying a doom or gloom act with this thread, on the contrary, it is simply put just information sharing on current events that are extremely vulnerable at present.

What I got from it was that if you have been sitting on the fence or stagnant waiting for the next shoe to drop, seems that time has arrived. So, a little forethought and a goodly reserve of basics right now will be hedging your survival whether we see another correction, collapse or a point of hyperinflation.

With gas, the global economic outlook, we are in for a surprise one way or another and very soon. If you have a bit stored up, then if hyperinflation comes rolling in, you will have saved tons of money and given yourself a little time to decide what to do next.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Glad you enjoyed it. My young sons were aghast at the stupidity! WEll see what having an ATS type Mom did for them? They're really smart, informed and Goood.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

What I got from it was that if you have been sitting on the fence or stagnant waiting for the next shoe to drop, seems that time has arrived. So, a little forethought and a goodly reserve of basics right now will be hedging your survival whether we see another correction, collapse or a point of hyperinflation.

This is exactly what was intended.

The Stock Market is just one indicator. Just a correction? We've had TWO 10% corrections and we're just into the first month of the year! By itself, this would be alarming, but even if you ignore the BDI or try to say it means this or that, the simple fact is this. Global trade is at a stand-still. For the first time ever, there aren't ships moving with goods. Forget the BDI, look at global shipping locators.
www.superstation95.com...

Nothing is moving.

While cheap oil is great at the pump, it has far reaching economic consequences.

What kind of collapse? The kind that makes 2008 look like a "correction". My wife and I both lost our jobs as our companies (different ones by the way) were tanking in 2008. I didn't have money (at least in the market, just a modest savings fund in a safe), but still "felt" it hard enough. Luckily, at the time, we had some savings...(not now, after that setback then).

At least we are better prepped sustainability wise, but still plenty of important ones on our list to do, so I'm hoping we have more time. I just don't like the signs.

Again, I REALLY want to be wrong. Please, let me be wrong. But I do feel it prudent to at least point this out to folks.

Nothing would make me happier than being dead wrong on this, in the months to come, or hopefully years to come.
edit on 20-1-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I know but 7-8k is a lot more realistic. Not that means anything

a reply to: FamCore

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Wrong forum section.

How? Directly relates to a potential SHTF event that requires preparation.
Specifically, the aim is to point out that we may not have as much time as most of us think we have, to get our preps in order.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

The US government is reactive, not proactive. They will provide bail outs to try and avoid total collapse, but they don't control the world markets.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

The US government is reactive, not proactive. They will provide bail outs to try and avoid total collapse, but they don't control the world markets.

If we can anticipate a collapse on ATS, why couldn't the government?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

They can anticipate crimes too but unless something happens they can't do #.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

They have.

Bailouts, stimulus, interest rates, etc.

But, it's like trying to bandage a gaping head wound with numerous band-aids instead of surgery.

Simply put, the ONLY thing keeping us afloat is sheer determination that we don't all want it to fail. So, we keep trying these minor adjustments, and they work...for a time, but all the while, we're still bleeding more and more into the red, and eventually, we'll just lose too much blood. Just the way it is. Unfortunately, that time seems to be looming sooner rather than later as I'd hoped.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

If we can anticipate a collapse on ATS, why couldn't the government?

We can't. If someone could tell me the low point in the market and when it will hit, I'd be most appreciative.

However, if I shove all my 401K funds to cash today, and the market goes back up to 18000 next week...

Yes. The market will collapse at some point, as will a major asteroid hit the Earth. The trick is predicting when.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Wouldn't Quantitative Easement be an indicator of a collapse?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Or an indicator that there isn't enough circulation from top to bottom.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

It's clear political trolling in an economic thread. This has absolutely nothing to do with Bernie Sanders or socialized healthcare. It's off topic baiting with zero relevance.
edit on 20-1-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I should note, my OP today had NOTHING to do with the stock market plunge today.
It was the result of things I've been seeing since the beginning of the year.
Was pretty odd timing though. Luckily, the DOW has climbed back up (for now), but still in the red today.

No doubt, this whole roller coaster will continue to be the norm.

Other bad signs:

Walmart to close 269 stores:
money.cnn.com...

Macy's to close 35-40 stores:
www.msn.com...

And these are likely just the tip of the iceberg....

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

It's clear political trolling in an economic thread. This has absolutely nothing to do with Bernie Sanders.

Did I mention Bernie? I don't believe so. (not that he matters, as he'll never get the nod over Hillary anyhow).... Response to another post?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

No you didn't. I was responding to DBCowboy. You replied to my response.
edit on 20-1-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join