It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders’s single-payer plan isn’t a plan at all

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

You nervous?????
All I can say is: "Good".

Try education.

Because education.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Yes, if people can support Sanders and the plan.

The big question is can Sanders get a favorable Congress.

Possible.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The big question is can Sanders get a favorable Congress.

Possible.

YES POSSIBLE!
*high five" I think I'm getting a crush on you, xuen.....as much as I hate that idea......keep talking!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I smell PANIC........

Someone's going to win

Anyhoo, a single payer system will work if the criminal racket run by Pharma and insurance companies is broken.
Costs need to be driven back down. This needs to be tackled by legislation.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yup Congress will be the big issue. I suppose he can tackle that in the 2nd half of his term if the house ends up blue instead of red.

Which depending on his performance in those 2 years, just might actually be enough to throw a lot of incumbent GOP out on their bums.

The more I look at Bernie's campaign, the more it seems like the people who opposed him, simply didn't know about him at all. Or knew only of media distortions.

I guess we'll see. I don't like all of what I see with Bernie, but I like it better than the war criminal Hillary and the rest of the GOP clown car brigade. The only one who doesn't scare the pants off of me is Jeb.

That in itself is scary, when Jeb is the moderate republican...

~Tenth
edit on 1/18/2016 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Oh, I don't know if I can wait. But what do you think? I'm thinking a democrat that supports gun regulations and universal healthcare?
America is growing up on ya mate... There's nothing you can do to stop the tide of logic and reason...

What you are referring to is not logic and reason. It is emotion and immaturity. It is feeling. It is not reality.

How could you possibly call it "emotion and immaturity" when every 1st would country on earth (except for the US) has thrived under this system.

At this stage its totally emotionally motivated and immature for the US not to follow the same trend.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I am beginning to suspect that some of the people who are replying at this point did not read the OP and the linked piece associated with it.

Cost controls and the problems associated with them are addressed there.

If you all are hunkey dory fine with rationing ... and all the nastiness that implies, including widespread claims denial and all the attendant battles ...

But then I suspect you believe you will never be caught by rationing. Such things are fine since they will always happen to unnamed others, just like the taxes, just like the Obamacare costs until those chickens came home to roost.
edit on 18-1-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Healthcare based on how much you make and make the employer pay for it? They do not even address tiers such as single or plus one or family.

As an example, I have a client right now that pays 2700 a month in premiums for a family plan. That is 32k per year for health care for that employee. For one person. With his plan if an employee makes 50k the employer would pay 3k and the employee would pay about 1k. However, if it single plan, which runs 600 a month, that is 7200 a year and 3.1k based on his plan.

Where is the extra money coming from? 40k in insurance premiums will suddenly become 6K? Where is the extra 32k in premiums. If you add that into a 100 employee company that is 3.2 million dollars

The math does not add up....You pass along that cost to the top tier earners in income tax and they will fire those people who they cannot insure. Then those people are collecting benefits and the tax payer is paying for it.

This is so much worse than the ACA is it like shooting ourselves in the head.

We need regulation. Like banks and all other big businesses.

edit on 01pm31pmf0000002016-01-18T22:38:39-06:001039 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I'm am having Nancy Pelosi flashbacks ... We have to pass it to find out what's in it ...

There are a lot of unanswered questions, and I don't think it's fair for people to demand them all of any candidate, right out of the gate during primary season.

I would argue that for both sides.

At least there's one person who wants to try new and bold things, even if they are a bit crazy.

~Tenth

It doesn't matter. We need to be asking these questions and demanding specifics simply because Pelosi (et al) set the precedent to begin with. So I do think its fair.

And you're right, It's bold, which is why it and its various predecessors are all we hear about. Doesn't mean it's a good idea, or that other ideas are inherently bad in contrast.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join