It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary: ‘I Know How Much Money Influences Political Decision-Making’

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: xuenchen

What DOES happen to all that money?

As for proof, yes, xuen....there is "proof". It is ridiculous (sorry, you know I'm startin' to like ya) to think that money is just "gone."

WHERE DOES IT GO?

Pretty much an open choice.

What Happens to Leftover Campaign Money?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

If Sanders suddenly has any "medical" problems, it will fuel the biggest conspiracy theories in the history of the Western World.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Thank You!!!!

According to the FEC, if a candidate for federal office (a presidential hopeful, say) loses and is a congressperson, he or she can roll over unused money into a re-election kitty. They can also repay themselves for personal funds used during the campaign up to a certain amount, depending on the race and when those funds were used. They can contribute the dollars to a charity. Candidates may also return money to contributors, but determining who gets how much is a delicate operation avoided by most, if not all, candidates. For local elections, state rules vary.

“The rule is that [campaign donations] can’t be used for personal use,” says FEC spokesperson Bob Biersack.

okkaaayyy......what else?

Sometimes running for office can leave a candidate in financial straits.

Sen. Hillary Clinton left her bid for the democratic nomination for president with $22.5 million in debt, more than half of which was her personal loan to the campaign. In June, Sen. Obama asked his fund-raising team to step in and help Sen. Clinton pay off her election debt. Clinton also campaigned on her own for donations.

When you sign a check for Sens. Obama or McCain, your money could end up in a local election that you might not be familiar with at all, because they’re allowed to boost their political capital by doling out funds to other candidates in upcoming congressional races.

Okay yeah so much nope.

All the more reason to pay attention to campaign finance reform as a major issue.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I used that phrase as Sanders has said his first goal was to get the Dems talking a more populist dialogue,
which he has done.

I see this as the seed that was planted rather he wins or not.

For the last ten lustrums our country has be back sliding on our civil liberties and social responsibilities, it is incredible to see such a change as Bernie is offering us. It will take work to get there, but anything worth having, is worth working for!

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

The part about Hillary makes her a perfect puppet candidate doesn't it.

And that really makes her look even "better" after her comment last night.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You do know I'm on your team, right?!

Yes, he's stepped up; he is our guy. Working on the sidelines and paying attention is what got him to the wisdom and knowledge/insider level he has earned.

Now he's coming out of the shadows, and saying: LOOK! Here's what it is.

I just so hope and pray that he can find someone like Warren to fill his ticket. She DOES need to stay where she is.
Who would he pick, do you think???

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

The part about Hillary makes her a perfect puppet candidate doesn't it.

Yes....she sucks. There is nothing new or fresh about her. She's old news. yawn. yada yada.

And that really makes her look even "better" after her comment last night.

Wait....
what?
Which comment?
erh..no. I think she slunk out of there feeling like a wet rat.

edit on 1/18/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

If not Warren, I would hope he chooses...

...Dr Jill Stein

But I am uber liberal in my political beliefs.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

You are, therefore, my friend.

I've been stalking your threads and posts. Friend.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

I am now convinced that Bernie and Trump are a threat to The Powers That Be .

Which is why they are the main event - the 'establishment' is sunk.
I just wonder how much the Clintons and the Bushes are making off of this contract........

or wait.

what?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

The question is: Can Bernie Sanders actually convince Congress to pass his proposals?

Congress is filled with absolute morons who have only one agenda and that has been to cause Obama to fail.
Sanders would be no different. He will be in a state of absolute impotence.

Obama has never tried to succeed though. Everything he has done has been for himself, his friends, and his enemies. People who voted for him got some free food, some free phones, and some very expensive health care for everyone except Obama's friends, unions and other specially exempt friends of his. Everyone else is illegally being taxed by the ACA.

Everything he has done is not the fault of morons in congress though. They have mucked up things plenty on their own without Obama's help, but what they have done is follow his lines of treasonous and Marxist ways fairly well.

Obama couldn't succeed at anything if his life depended on it all because of one particular character flaw. It's always someone else's fault!
edit on 18-1-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: changed

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

To your entire post:

No. Not even a "close but no cigar." Just ....

so much nope. If you wonder why Obama had such limited success, look to your beloved GOP legislators who blocked, obstructed, and pitched hissy fits about EVERYTHING, no matter whether it was which way the Capitol Building's toilet paper was supposed to roll off of the holder, or trying to keep guns out of the hands of loons......
the GOP has been pissing and untwisting their collective pants for years. And STILL they can't provide a reasonable candidate.....
therefore,
TRUMP!

And on the other side:
SANDERS!

sigh.
Use your head.
please.
Use your head!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 1/18/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Do you have any proof for your claims, or it it simply a partisan opinion, which it appears to be in imho.

I have little use for Obummer, but I see his problem stemming from the fact he is a corporate politician who represents the same big money interests that 99% of our congress critters do!

He has done the job TPTB had selected him to do, he increased the income of the 1%.

edit on 18-1-2016 by AlaskanDad because: fixed code

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The most truthful statement she's ever made...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join