It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas holds children of Colorado veteran who uses medical marijuana.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I'm still in shock she took the kids to the police while the parents were packing and reported them abandoned, what a vile person.

For those that don't know, foster care is horrible. It's child abuse, only very very rarely is it a better solution for a child, and even still it comes a plethora of problems.

Here is hoping they are reunited soon.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

I'm still in shock she took the kids to the police while the parents were packing and reported them abandoned, what a vile person.

Apparently, from various sources --- there was a family argument.

Another poster said the mother was Native American.

Speculation: grandmother did not want her grandchildren taken from her.

Speculation 2: Christianity has strongly infiltrated many Native American tribes. Maybe the grandmothers religious belief was a factor in taking the kids from the parents.

The father and mother are both apparently from Kansas (I don't have fact on that). But, both parents should have been aware of the strict drug laws of Kansas.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

The police have nothing to do with this.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

CPS has not been back since i told them that what they were doing was punishable by death with a mean look and a holstered .45. It does work if you mean it...... i guess there is something in your eyes.

You do seem like the person to take everything an armed person says as a threat.

There is a difference in stating the fact that kidnapping is a capital offense (one punishable by death) while legally wearing a USP on my hip, on my own property....... and threatening a CPS thug.

I also told her to "get in her car and leave" and "to not come back" and when the state prostitute turned around in my yard I came back outside pointing toward the road.

And if you see anything happening in Franklin, Ky. if those failed kidnappers comeback, you (and they) will know I am telling the truth.

My World out here little girl, or to the next.

edit on 18-1-2016 by freemanwalking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Or that Kansas hates Colorado's cannabis laws?

Yes, the government of Kansas hates everything that doesn't fit with their Moral Majority, Seven-Mountain-Dominionist regressive policies. What makes me smile is how strong the Missouri Cannabis Association is becoming.....
"surrounded! Oh noez!"

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

That is troubling. I'm really starting to worry about Kansas these days... It's like they are two steps away from going straight up fascist over there.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ha!!! Starting to? Try living here!!! (No, don't. Just sayin') I looked at the article, and apparently this man was living in Topeka - the capitol. Topeka isn't much....certainly no enlightened mecca. You have to travel further east to reach the areas that are more modern in their thinking. Everything west of Topeka, in general, is - well, yeah. Until, of course, you reach Kanorado....and cross over into Colorado.

Lord, how I miss Colorado! Lived there for a few years, wanted to stay. Stuck here now due to family ties....

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I feel for you. I never enjoyed living in Oklahoma while stationed there in the military and from what I'm seeing from the politics coming out of Kansas, it's no better there. I used to think the state going off the deep end with crazy policies was Florida. Move over Florida. Lol.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I just want to be clear that I was not born here. I was born in Chicago. My family came to Kansas in the 60s due to my dad's employment....he worked for LearJet. Then went on to open his own small business......

I'm not a Kansas native. Just an inmate.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I know how that feels. I've had a few places I've lived where I've felt that way. Mississippi, Oklahoma, and a part of Baltimore called Dundalk.
edit on 18-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: freemanwalking

CPS has not been back since i told them that what they were doing was punishable by death with a mean look and a holstered .45. It does work if you mean it...... i guess there is something in your eyes.

You do seem like the person to take everything an armed person says as a threat.

I am a gun owner.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

good for you

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I know how that feels. I've had a few places I've lived where I've felt that way. Mississippi, Oklahoma, and a part of Baltimore called Dundalk.

I am forever grateful my parents left Ohio, never to return, when my dad got stationed in Oaklsnd, CA.

YAY! Southern CA, where I was born and raised.

AZ was tough enough for the last decade, I'm back in CA. I can't even imagine living in a restrictive state.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

See I liked the midwest. I used to live in Indiana and I loved that state and Ohio didn't seem much different to me (and knowing their hippy scene from when I travel to West Virginia and seem them come over they have a decent music scene too).

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

See I liked the midwest. I used to live in Indiana and I loved that state and Ohio didn't seem much different to me (and knowing their hippy scene from when I travel to West Virginia and seem them come over they have a decent music scene too).

I understand it, I think.

SOCA is a lot about personal space and personal freedom. It's also very competitive.

Probably more like a laid-back New York. If people are too friendly, you get suspicious. LOL.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I've never been west of Texas/Oklahoma

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lichter daraus
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Why do you assume we dont need a license or have to register our guns? We do, we cant just walk into a gun shop or walmart and walk out with a gun.

Peace

I don't "assume" anything, I've researched the gun laws in the US quite extensively and some states don't require it.

Anyway, it just gets a little old when people constantly jump on here with with there over inflated superiority complex, bragging about how they own a gun, with delusions of how the government would never dare mess with them because of it..... just saying.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

a reply to: Xcathdra

That is troubling. I'm really starting to worry about Kansas these days... It's like they are two steps away from going straight up fascist over there.

When it comes to minors and situations like this its left to the purview of the bureaucrats. Our role is investigatory and even then its initial only.

This case though, from what I am seeing, its the judge acting like a buffoon. Add in different laws from different states and, well, here we are.
edit on 18-1-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

This case though, from what I am seeing, its the judge acting like a buffoon. Add in different laws from different states and, well, here we are.

It does seem the judge is sitting on his superior morality high horse in abuse of power.

Question is --- is he legally within his rights?

At this time, as far as I know, Kansas has a zero tolerance drug law.

Although there is a major organized push for legal canabis.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Although there is a major organized push for legal canabis.

There are pushes like that in every state except the four that legalized it. The problem with Kansas is that it is among a handful of states that compromise the core electorate that still severely opposes marijuana legalization. It's pretty much the prohibitionists' home territory.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join