It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas holds children of Colorado veteran who uses medical marijuana.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
why have they only seen the kids three times?? that right there, unless it's because of court orders, or manipulation from social service, would kind of set off alarm bells. usually they want to give the parents visitation rights, even if they are supervised.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
why have they only seen the kids three times?? that right there, unless it's because of court orders, or manipulation from social service, would kind of set off alarm bells. usually they want to give the parents visitation rights, even if they are supervised.

I'd say, because they have the control and he's a drug user.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
A little too much self entitlement taking cannabis, medical or not, into Kansas. Really dumb.

Where does it state the authorities have any evidence the parents even did posses/use cannabis in Kansas?

As far as I can tell there kids where taken simply on hearsay that they use cannabis... disgraceful!

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

A little too much self entitlement taking cannabis, medical or not, into Kansas. Really dumb.

Where does it state the authorities have any evidence the parents even did posses/use cannabis in Kansas?

As far as I can tell there kids where taken simply on hearsay that they use cannabis... disgraceful!

I dunno, it's Kansas, and Kansas law.

Seems to me the father has fully admitted to using cannabis --- and thinks he's entitled to do so.

edit on 16-1-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

more than likely the distance might be an obstacle and well, the judge might be insisting on supervised visits with the social services supervising, who aren't open on weekends.. maybe the parents can't get off work, or can't really afford to get off work or have other problems...

but it's very bad that they are unable to see the kids...in both sides view.

I read one of the links that was posted earlier, and the good news is that the mother is a member of a native american tribe, I think the tribe is going to intervene......which well it's federal laws concerning native american children and foster care that will be brought into the picture.

it's rather alarming that kansas would rather he be addicted to opiate than just let him do his thing... just shows the pure ignorance that is involved in the issue of drugs. The drug companies produce more of their drugs from plants that quite frankly have been used to treat the conditions for a very long time. They process those plants and break it down and by doing so, they lose something. the plant itself often times has chemicals in it that counteracts the bad side effects of the chemicals they are working to get. In other words the plant itself if far better than the concoction that they produce to peddle. I'd take the pot plant over the drugs prescribed by a doctor any day really.... to me, the more natural something is, the better it is.

I think he's entitled to it also. It seems the healthcare system has failed him. I think when that happens people should be free to find alternatives.

edit on 16-1-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I am not defending the the courts.

But, laws are laws. You do not have entitlement to break laws because your opinion differs.

I do hope being Native American helps.

BTW -- they have a GoFundMe: www.gofundme.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Seems to me the father has fully admitted to using cannabis --- and thinks he's entitled to do so.

Well, it was probably a little naive of him to admit it.

But still, its hardly in the best interest of the children to be removed from the parents, simply because they're known medical cannabis users... especially when 23 other states have recognized it as a legitimate medication.

Breaking the law doesn't automatically make a person an unfit parent

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

But still, its hardly in the best interest of the children to be removed from the parents, simply because they're known medical cannabis users

I would agree.
But then, all we actually know is what one side has said about the case.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

But still, its hardly in the best interest of the children to be removed from the parents . . .

I'm very pro children. I think this sucks big time.

But, lots of people have found themselves in jail for ignorance of the law.

This guy is apparently, I think, originally from Kansas. He doesn't have an excuse. Doesn't really matter how it all came down at this point.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Well then your kids wouldn't have you around, either you would be in jail or 6 feet under.

Also, if you read the story you would see it was a family member that took the kids to the authorities.

I would be six feet under, but I would die with honor protecting my family, and after I was gone my kids would know I wasn't a cowardly fool, but someone who stood tall in the face of tyrannical overstepping government and tried to protect them against being kidnapped by pieces of filth that make up our corrupted system.

For me that would never happen by a family member, since I have a family of integrity and honor. No backstabbing betrayers of trust in my family. Thanks

I like you......

CPS has not been back since i told them that what they were doing was punishable by death with a mean look and a holstered .45. It does work if you mean it...... i guess there is something in your eyes.

See you on the other side.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

dunno, it's Kansas, and Kansas law. Seems to me the father has fully admitted to using cannabis --- and thinks he's entitled to do so.

He is. Just like you (and the other authoritarians in power.... at this time) are entitled to go around forcing their self-righteous, delusional mental illness on others without recourse.

Things do change though.
edit on 16-1-2016 by freemanwalking because: MOAR

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

As a matter of fact law requires mandated reporters to act when presented with cases of child abuse / endangerment / etc and that can include the temporary seizure of the child until a more complete picture develops. If a report is made and a mandated reporter fails to act they can be charged.

Generally speaking the law is very strict in terms of who has authority to seize a child (Doctor / Law Enforcement / etc). When something like this occurs the involved agencies must go before a judge (usually within the first 12 / 24 hours) and justify the seizure to the court.

You will have 3 sets of lawyers involved -
* - Prosecuting Attorney / Lawyer representing the state.
* - Defense attorneys representing the parents.
* - Guardian Ad Litem (attorney provided by the state to represent the minors involved).

If mother in law lied then she should be charged however thats only going to happen if the parents prosecute.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: freemanwalking

dunno, it's Kansas, and Kansas law. Seems to me the father has fully admitted to using cannabis --- and thinks he's entitled to do so.

He is. Just like you (and the other authoritarians in power.... at this time) are entitled to go around forcing their self-righteous, delusional mental illness on others without recourse.

Things do change though.

I live in the real world.

And I have dealt with CPS.

You drove them off with threats of a gun? Sure you did.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I would have the kids told where to meet up and take them and keep taking my medicine.

YOU NEVER GIVE IN TO TYRANNY! YOU ALWAYS SPEAK UP. YOU INSTRUCT YOUR CHILDREN TO PHONE YOU AND ALWAYS GET THEM BACK.

YOU SHOVE THE GOVENMENT INTO THE ROCK IT NEEDS TO BE UNDER YOU.

IT STANDS UNDER YOU.

YOU ARE THE BOSS OF EVERYTHING AND THEY ARE SERVANTS. THEY NEED TO BE REALLY AWARE AND ON BENDED KNEE'S WITH TEARS DOWN THEIR FACES, AND THEY ARE GOING TO HELL FOR THIS SO SEEKING AMENDS IS A VERY IMPORTANT THING TO DO.

jUDGES HAVE NO RIGHT, OVER RIGHTEOUS FREE CITIZENS AND STAND UNDER THEM.

POLICE ARE YOUR SERVANTS AND STAND UNDER YOU.

POLITICIANS ARE YOUR SERVANTS AND STAND UNDER YOU.

YOU ARE THE KING OF THE EARTH. PERIOD. FREE AND CAN USE ALL NATURAL SEEDS AND RESOURCES.

DEFEND FREEDOM AND NEVER LET ANYONE TAKE YOUR KIDS ALWAYS PROVIDE TO RESCUE THEM!

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Right, sounds like a fantastic way to have the cops showing up next. And they are not going to be scared off with a gun.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
I would have the kids told where to meet up and take them and keep taking my medicine.

YOU NEVER GIVE IN TO TYRANNY! YOU ALWAYS SPEAK UP. YOU INSTRUCT YOUR CHILDREN TO PHONE YOU AND ALWAYS GET THEM BACK.

YOU SHOVE THE GOVENMENT INTO THE ROCK IT NEEDS TO BE UNDER YOU.

IT STANDS UNDER YOU.

YOU ARE THE BOSS OF EVERYTHING AND THEY ARE SERVANTS. THEY NEED TO BE REALLY AWARE AND ON BENDED KNEE'S WITH TEARS DOWN THEIR FACES, AND THEY ARE GOING TO HELL FOR THIS SO SEEKING AMENDS IS A VERY IMPORTANT THING TO DO.

jUDGES HAVE NO RIGHT, OVER RIGHTEOUS FREE CITIZENS AND STAND UNDER THEM.

POLICE ARE YOUR SERVANTS AND STAND UNDER YOU.

POLITICIANS ARE YOUR SERVANTS AND STAND UNDER YOU.

YOU ARE THE KING OF THE EARTH. PERIOD. FREE AND CAN USE ALL NATURAL SEEDS AND RESOURCES.

DEFEND FREEDOM AND NEVER LET ANYONE TAKE YOUR KIDS ALWAYS PROVIDE TO RESCUE THEM!

I can assure you that if you had a child taken into the system and proceeded to carry like your rant there you have absolutely no chance of ever having parental responsibility of your child again........

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Right, sounds like a fantastic way to have the cops showing up next. And they are not going to be scared off with a gun.

But that's the delusion of a lot of Americans. They think because they can own a gun without a licence or registering it, that it makes them some kind of god... as if it allows them to somehow be more free than the rest of us.

When in reality it allows them less freedom, since the police in the US are always expecting everyone to have a gun, so therefore pull there weapon on people at the drop of a hat... where as cops only pull there gun out in an absolute last case scenario in other countries where guns aren't so prominent.

Having a gun might make ya feel tough, but it won't stop them from taking your kids away, when your lying face down in the concrete being cuffed by 4 coppers who are also packing......... just saying.
edit on 17-1-2016 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I would never allow my kids to be kidnapped away by the state, they would suffer severely for attempting that.

You would have no choice in the matter, when they come with a warrant and the cops!
A judge can take your family and your life in a heartbeat and leave you with your head spinning!

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Why do you assume we dont need a license or have to register our guns? We do, we cant just walk into a gun shop or walmart and walk out with a gun.

Peace

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Bringing Christians into this is really ignorant since it is liberals and democrats who began making all these DSHS commie loving type laws decades ago. Now the effort is non partisan to take away rights from families and parents and both sides are doing so.. The ones doing that are not Christians.
Get a clue

Get a clue?

Are you saying that religious indoctrination has nothing to do with the fact that anything that makes you feel good is sinful? Things like "sin" tax doesn't exist in this country? I think you need to do a bit of reading. In cultures where such philosophy doesn't exist people take a more rational approach to such things. If something gets you "high" and lawmakers find out about it they try like hell to make it illegal even before they know whether it is harmful. Research kratom and you will see this is the case. They are trying like crazy to make it illegal even though they haven't found anything harmful about it. Tylenol is more dangerous than kratom.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join