It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bend it like Beckham

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
For those not familiar with the expression "bend it like Beckham !", it relates to the english footballer David Beckham and his ability to curve a ball around the defending wall and hit the back of the net.

In other sports, you see the same thing. For example, in Golf , Billiards or Pool you will see players getting the ball to do unbelievable things.

It also evident in athletics and gymnastics too where time and space are manipulated to achieve extraordinary feats. I remember my schooldays when high jump , Pole vault and 110 metres hurdles were my favorite events. I particularly remember the High Jump ; where I would rehearse the run up and the jump in my mind . Then I would actually do it and ,strangely, time would appear to slow down as I manoeuvred over the bar and straddled it .My will would "push" the bar down to create clearance and I would also be able to "freeze" the action is a nano second and adjust my height as an act of will.

I remember seeing a documentary in which olympic divers were explaining how it felt like they were slowing time in order to get in all the summersaults and moves before hitting the water. In another documentary , a high jump athlete was explaining the process of rehearsing the "successful" jump in the mind second before committing.

Skeptics will say it has all to do with positioning techniques (how you hit the ball; how you move your body, etc) but I don't agree . I believe the technique is just the ritual and it is the Will that achieves the objective.

I am just using sport as an example of mind over matter. This can be achieved in any sphere of life. It is a question of getting the Will to bend matter. For the scientifically-minded think of Quantum Mechanics ; where matter can be either a wave or a particle and it depends on the observer. Nothing is pre-ordained or objectively shaped until someone exercises their will.

My life has drastically changed for the better by simply using my will to shape my destiny. It is quite tragic that, despite the fact that we are all endowed to change our environment with our Will , very few of us give it a try.

*SNIP*

Paricipation by all members and their opinions are welcome in all threads on ATS. Who may post replies may not be limited to any group.

Everyone has their own strengths and particular techniques to improve their lives and the lives of others. For some , it is using the will to bend waves that make up matter. For others, it is playing with the astral matrix . There are numerous other techniques that many of us use without realising. I cannot go into all of it in this thread.

Those who are sucessful in achieving their objectives as per above methods are sometimes not sure how it all fits into the Magical System . They have some problem trying to reconcile their natural abilities with what they read in Esoteric teachings. For you , I have this to say :-

Keep you natural talents (whatever they may be) and try to place them where they belong within a bigger framework. For example , you can use the Qabalistic framework. It would suit the western mind because it does have a bit of dogma in it. That is to say, do not lose your talent but make it stronger. It will help you when you advance to a higher stages.

So , go on and keep bending it...like Beckham !

edit on 1/16/2016 by Blaine91555 because: Removed comment about who can post in the discussion.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies

Sorry but it's just physics.

Perfect example is this vid of a basketball being dropped from a dam

The reason that ball is moving like it does it the same reason planes fly. And planes don't fly because people "will" them to.
edit on 164816/1/1616 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Beckham is a talented footballer who would spend hours practicing his free kicks. Talent combined with practice can make things look magical

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Thanks for the youtube clip. I should have used it in the OP

However, Becham and what he does is not the subject of my post. I was just using the very popular UK expression "Bend it like Beckham" to make a point.

edit on 16-1-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Good. Now turn one hair on your head white or black.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
So you posted a well worded and well meaning thread, but just had to end it with something akin to DON'T REPLY WHEN IF YOU DON'T AGREE.

Man, what's the point of posting, then?

Curve balls ain't magic.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Good. Now turn one hair on your head white or black.

You have missed the point. The hair on my head have already materialised and are not in the wave state.

On the other hand, if I were to close my eyes and picked one hair from a selection of mixed hair from a barber shop and clench it in my fist. The hair would be both black and white while my fist is clenched. By will I could decide its colour before opening my fist

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psychonautics
So you posted a well worded and well meaning thread, but just had to end it with something akin to DON'T REPLY WHEN IF YOU DON'T AGREE.

Man, what's the point of posting, then?

Curve balls ain't magic.

Perhaps it seems that way but its hard to tell people to only post if they understood what I meant (whether agree or not) . Already some people are posting without realising that Beckham is not the subject ; only the expression is the subject.

It is about bending the wave to create what you wish. At least you understood that.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I think two different things are being mixed up here. There are fundamental laws, at least I believe so, that we cant change. However, the mind can be used to shape the world around us, but in terms of our interactions with others. If you put your mind to doing something, I mean really put your mind to it, it's amazing how many other people you will find that will both inspire and help you achieve pretty much anything.

My only doubt comes from some new theories that suggest solidity does not exist - it's just an interpretation of our own minds. If that were true then the mind would ultimately control, and be able to shape, everything.
edit on 16/1/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

"I believe the technique is just the ritual and it is the Will that achieves the objective."

"This can be achieved in any sphere of life. It is a question of getting the Will to bend matter."

Wonderfully said, and I agree with the essence and nature of what you are alluding to. This op is a rare gem amongst the static, thanks

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The hair on my head have already materialized and are not in the wave state.

The wave state? Whats that?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

My only doubt comes from some new theories that suggest solidity does not exist - it's just an interpretation of our own minds. If that were true then the mind would ultimately control, and be able to shape, everything.

Solidity does come about but only after it had undergone some conversion from the unsolid state. It is the will of the observer that achieves it.

Quantum Mechanics came on the scene recently . I only mention QM to appeal to the scientifically-minded.

I am convinced (from experience) that we have always under-rated the power of the mind and will to shape things. Now we have a new breed of scientists (QM scientists) that believe this is so.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I did understand and I appreciate the idea you're bringing to the table.

I know why you posted the disclaimer, I just don't like censorship

edit on 16-1-2016 by Psychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi

Wonderfully said, and I agree with the essence and nature of what you are alluding to. This op is a rare gem amongst the static, thanks

Thank you for your comment. I hope the discussion will be positive

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

It actually is a little bit more than just physics. It is possible to change your mind's ability to process information to that you can slow down your subjective perception of time -- it does seem to be a natural state we can go into in moments of crisis to focus all of our cognition on an external threat or problem. Athletes report being able to go "into the zone" where their perception and performance show amazing increases, but there are also measurable physiological signs of "being in the zone." One of them I recall off hand is that the heart-rate is a about 120 bpm as well a seeing elevated levels of adrenalin etc. This seems to be partly due to having just the right amount of adrenalin and other chemicals in the blood -- too little and the state is not achieved, too much and performance degrades rapidly. It appears the secret is to be able to keep the right amount in the system over a sustained period of time.

A great book that presents a sort of layman's explanation of this is Malcom Gladwell's book "Blink".
edit on 2016-1-16 by heterodox because: because if I don't the voices won't stop. God please make them stop.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It's basic lift/drag physics. He's capable of doing it 1 time in 100 as he's had years of practice (used to play across the road from me in his early career). If it's all in the head why can't every other player equally do the same so no one will ever score a goal ever again?

You mention quantum mechanics, where are your PDE for this? Why not just be honest and say you picked the word out of thin air and tried to apply it to something you clearly have no knowledge of because it sounds 'cool'.

It's reads like you're trying to declare you're Da Vinci before learning how to hold a pen to anyone with basic physics/applied maths education.
edit on 16-1-2016 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The hair on my head have already materialized and are not in the wave state.

The wave state? Whats that?

As I mentioned already, I have created a "bridge" to communicate with the logical and scientifically-minded like yourself . Therefore, for your benefit , I mentioned Quantum Mechanics. Now in QM matter can be a wave (undefined ; unshaped) or a particle (shapes, defined and occupying a position). It is the observer that will determine if it stays in its unformed "wave" state or it becomes solid.

QM is not my thing but I use it to translate to the scientific ones

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
It's basic lift/drag physics. He's capable of doing it 1 time in 100 as he's had years of practice (used to play across the road from me in his early career). If it's all in the head why can't every other player equally do the same so no one will ever score a goal ever again?

You mention quantum mechanics, where are your PDE for this? Why not just be honest and say you picked the word out of thin air and tried to apply it to something you clearly have no knowledge of because it sounds 'cool'.

It's reads like you're trying to declare you're Da Vinci before learning how to hold a pen to anyone with basic physics/applied maths education.

As sais already the OP is not about Beckham and what he doeas with the ball. I am merely using a popular expression "bend it like Becham" to make a point about bending matter.

I do have a background in Mathematics. However, I have moved away from Science because it is creating boxes that hold us down. QM is refreshing but I only mention it to explain to the scientifically-minded because they would not understand if I use esoteric lanquage. QM states that Matter can be both wave or particle and it depends on the observer. Are you denying that this is what QM is saying.

I do not care about QM. It is just Science caching up (at last) with the esoteric. However, it is the only language I can use to communicate to the scientific-types.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
As a scientific type (degrees in applied maths, law and journalism) can you please not do?

It's obvious to anyone who has studied the subjects you haven't applied any critical thinking or scientific approach, which is ok for you, but to the general populace all you're doing is further entrenching common, long debunked misconceptions about QM and consciousness and making it sound as if there's evidence to support things - it's at best misleading and at worst actively deceitful and may put off brilliant minds from helping humanity discover more about mother nature.

Of course I'm denying your interpretation of QM as it's completely wrong, but a common mistake the public make. It stems from the ambiguous language used in Schrodinger's Cat hypothesis - the mind has nothing to do with the state, you have just what the term observer actually means in QM.

edit on 16-1-2016 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
As a scientific type (degrees in applied maths, law and journalism) can you please not do?

It's obvious to anyone who has studied the subjects you haven't applied any critical thinking or scientific approach, which is ok for you, but to the general populace all you're doing is further entrenching common, long debunked misconceptions about QM and consciousness and making it sound as if there's evidence to support things - it's at best misleading and at worst actively deceitful and may put off brilliant minds from helping humanity discover more about mother nature.

Of course I'm denying your interpretation of QM as it's completely wrong, but a common mistake the public make. It stems from the ambiguous language used in Schrodinger's Cat hypothesis - the mind has nothing to do with the state, you have just what the term observer actually means in QM.

I don't think this thread is about evidence. Not everything in life has to be about the scientific method, much as I love it. I don't know how advanced you are in science, but if you are the very best in the world, you are still but a baby in terms of understanding how things work in our universe.
edit on 16/1/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join