It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Grizzly Adams' Died Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Source
'Grizzly Adams' Star Dan Haggerty Dies at 74
Dan Haggerty, the husky, bushy-bearded actor who starred as the nature-loving outdoorsman Grizzly Adams on the big screen and on television, died Friday. He was 74.

I don't watch television anymore and haven't for a long time, but growing up, 'Grizzly Adams' was one of my all time favorites. With all the violence and debauchery on modern television, that show was a rare gem of just good old fashioned entertainment. Sad to see him go.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I remember the show well...RIP Dan Haggerty.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It sad to see Grizzly Adams gone. I remember his show fondly. I am of that age group that grew up with Grizzly Adams, Bonanza, Daniel Boone, All the classic TV shows.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
It sad to see Grizzly Adams gone. I remember his show fondly. I am of that age group that grew up with Grizzly Adams, Bonanza, Daniel Boone, All the classic TV shows.

www.google.com...=1977+tv+shows
A google search for 1977 television shows sure brought back a lot of memories.

I was also surprised to see Haggerty appearing in Easy Rider...
www.imdb.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: twitchy
Sad news, indeed. I loved that show.

Somebody I know was watching a show called American Pickers. He was on the episode and didn't look old at all. He showed off some of his art work. It was pretty good.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
RIP. Grizzy Adams....

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
He had the best beard ever. RIP.

In other news, Keith Richards is still alive.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
1-bowie
2-rickman
now Haggerty...

What tragic losses. Is it true they come in threes?

RIP Grizz

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
RIP Grizzly Adams.

Love, Ben the Bear

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Ben the Bear got pretty famous in his own right, he died during hibernation in 1990.

Source
LINCOLN, Neb. — Ben the Kodiak bear, which appeared in the television series "Grizzly Adams" in the 1970s, died of heart disease at the Folsom Children's Zoo.

Ben, found dead in his cage Saturday afternoon, died in his sleep during hibernation, John Chap, director of the zoo, said Monday. A University of Nebraska-Lincoln pathologist performed a necropsy and determined that death was caused by chronic heart disease, Chapo said.

The 15-year-old bear was considered middle-aged, he said.

Ben had been the star attraction at the zoo since arriving there Oct. 31, 1979, Chapo said.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I loved that show as a kid. Not to make light of losing a great actor, but I honestly thought the guy was dead already. In fact, I was surprised to learn he was only 74.

The show aired in 1977, so he was only 36. Maybe it is because of the beard and he wasn't some waif girlie man, but I just assumed he was much older. Men looked older back then. I guess 36 looks old when you are 7 or 8 year old kid. Just assumed he'd been long dead given I'm in my 40s now.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

One of my favourite programs as a kid , beautiful theme too.

RiP Dan Haggerty.

edit on 15-1-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Aww I loved that show.

RIP

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
One of my childhood favorite shows as well. RIP Dan Haggerty. But Grizzly Adams will live in our hearts and minds forever.

-dex

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

RIP Grand Duke of Beardom.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have nothing to add . One of my favorite shows. Though when I watched the show I was but a teen. Now , I kinda resemble him. RIP Grizzly.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I too loved that show! RIP Dan! Now you can be with Ben again, running free.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I love the high country and have been fortunate enough to have spent a lot of time up there throughout my life since I was young. I grew up watching Grizzly Adams, it was such a great show. Dan Haggerty was a very good actor. Best wishes to his family. ~$heopleNation

top topics

join