It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Birth of God and the Beginning of the New Dawn

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Are the Atheists right Humans? - Do you create a mythical non-existent being as excuses to dominate and kill each other? What is this being that empowers you to destroy? - This God of destruction, this anti-Human entity? You can hardly blame the Atheists can you? - And see why many so-called Humanists are Atheists.
But I have a problem - I am Agnostic [defined to mean I can neither prove nor disprove an ultimate reason for existence and/or I can neither prove or disprove the existence of an ultimate entity or intelligence ruling the universe]. Maybe I should leave it go at that - for anything I might then conclude will be unconcludable - or will it?

Why does this species, Man, an apparently evolved animal keep affirming the existence of an advanced intelligence even though most Humans refuse to accept their own intelligence? - they use religion as an excuse for their own ineptitude - And blame the other persons God for their stupidity - Stupid and inept - And no god I can imagine will cater to stupid and inept - No he will no longer forgive you - He will tell you you are stupid and inept and blaspheme his very concept every time you use him for Deviltry - And you who kill in God's name are Devils - you know what the Devil is don't you Human? - The Devil, the real God Man worships. Call a spade a spade as they would say.

Still reading this? OK, time for a couple of quick quotes from another Agnostic [in my opinion]:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
- Albert Einstein

“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
- Albert Einstein

So should we all go home, become Atheists and forget the ugly history of Man abusing himself in the name of God? - Its not that simple - for once the concept of omnipotence, of devine intelligence is awakened in the Human psyche - it is hard to dismiss - some dreams do not just go away no matter how hard you try to stop them - The dream of an almighty and beneficent deity has become so fixated in the Haman mind that all Atheists, communists, or whoever will never make the dream of God end. God is mans dream of omnipotence and immortality - And what weak meaningless species we would be if we were to accept that we were nothing more than a meaningless animal, part of a meaningless evolution without direction of purpose - For a few of you this might be easy - for me it is unacceptable - I will forever dream the impossible dream - that is the destiny of Man - to become as the God of his dreams - Evolution without limits an intelligence that always evolves and knows no end.

In the beginning was the word and the word was with God - And how well does Man understand words? The machine you are staring at and the internet you are communicating on is a new testament to Man reaching for the heavens - Let us take heed and not let it fall in ruin like the Tower of Babel of the past.

Let us take stock of History, reappraise it and say:
WELCOME TO THE NEW DAWN !!!

-AlienView [aka: UniversalAlien]
universalspacealienpeoplesassociation.blogspot.com...
edit on 15-1-2016 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

I think the world would improve immensely if humans stopped being so damned superstitious and instead applied reasoning and logic to things, HOWEVER you cannot force humans to stop doing this. They have to come to that conclusion on their own.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Yah, inventing an ultimate power in the Universe makes anything we do alright.

After all, God is on our side.

If we destroy nations, he'll forgive us as long as we say we're sorry.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Superstitious? Yep. But I think the greater puzzle is why humans project such self loathing and self destruction in their superstitious memes.

For example: Why do the Abrahamic gods dislike us so? What's up with that?
edit on 15-1-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Sounds like the worlds got you down. Take a break from the negative side of everything and focus on the love and peace. One good thing about this world is having the good and the bad is that it actually makes you appreciate all the beauty you have in life.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I think the world would improve immensely if humans stopped being so damned superstitious and instead applied reasoning and logic to things…

Agreed. Thats why religion was adapted, people think just so far about a problem before, 'giving it over to God'.

Let us pray, that way we can be stupid with a license. I refuse to consider it further, "its in Gods hands".

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Fear of the unknown. It all comes back to applications of fight or flight.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
I am Agnostic [defined to mean I can neither prove nor disprove an ultimate reason for existence and/or I can neither prove or disprove the existence of an ultimate entity or intelligence ruling the universe]

Actually, I bet you are an Atheist, just with a misunderstanding of what Atheism really means.

I am an atheist, not because I do not belief in gods, but because I lack the belief in gods. You're confusing a lack of belief with a rejection. I do not claim to have definitive proof that gods do not exist (although I can prove a god doesn't exist if specific details are given to the description of that god that are falsifiable).

So, how am I an atheist? I came to the conclusion that there are likely no gods because of the observations we've made of the universe thus far. My position is subject to change if ever there is a moment where evidence proves the existence of a god.

I am not anti-unicorn because I lack belief in them, there simply is no reason for me to believe in them until evidence arises.

originally posted by: AlienView
Why does this species, Man, an apparently evolved animal keep affirming the existence of an advanced intelligence even though most Humans refuse to accept their own intelligence? - they use religion as an excuse for their own ineptitude

Because religion is the product of an adaptation that has helped us grow and adapt as a species.

Religion:
~ A fear of death has obvious survival advantages and is probably as old as emotions. When intellect evolved to the point that imagination became possible, we could start thinking about alternatives.
~ Humans and other primates live in dominance hierarchies. A social structure with "higher" and "lower" beings is part of our genes. We can always point to other animals as lower beings, but sometimes a higher being requires something unobvious.
~ With the origin of symbolic thinking (which language requires), the abstract higher beings could be thought of in more specific terms.
~ With language, gods could be talked about. From there, religion developed via cultural evolution.
~ Fear of the unknown gives further reason for believing in gods. Dealings with a god, such as sacrificial offering or intercessory prayer, allow one the impression of some influence over events that are beyond one's control.

here's some references for some further reading, if you're interested.

~ Cullen, B. 1998. Parasite ecology and the evolution of religion. In Heylighten, F. (ed.), The Evolution of Complexity. Link
~ Gottsch, J. D. 2001. Mutation, selection, and vertical transmission of theistic memes in religious canons. J Memetics
~ Boyer, Pascal. 2001. Religion Explained. New York: Basic Books.
~ Burkert, Walter. 1996. Creation of the Sacred: Tracks of biology in early religions. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press. (It concentrates on early cultural aspects of religion but still has some relevance to religion's origin.)
~ Dunbar, Robin. 2003. Evolution: Five big questions: 5. What's God got to do with it? New Scientist 178(2399) (14 June): 38-39.
~ Konner, Melvin. 2002. The Tangled Wing: Biological constraints on the human spirit, New York: Henry Holt and Co.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Yah, inventing an ultimate power in the Universe makes anything we do alright.

After all, God is on our side.

If we destroy nations, he'll forgive us as long as we say we're sorry.

This post reminds me of a humorous quote I read a while back.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Is it so out there to believe that when Jesus preached and walked the earth he had feelings of a higher power but didn't have the verbiage to describe it so he called it the all encompassing "God"? People in his time thought the world was flat and the sun and stars all revolved around Earth, so perhaps when Jesus used the term "God" (which is what they called anything expansive at that time), what he really meant was "universe" but he just didn't have the means to express it? And maybe today when we say "universe" it still doesn't express the expansiveness of what is really going on out there?

This is so obvious to me. Anyone else?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Is it so out there to believe that when Jesus preached and walked the earth he had feelings of a higher power but didn't have the verbiage to describe it so he called it the all encompassing "God"?

Thats what his teachings have been misinterpreted to mean, nowadays.

Higher power, sure, "Supreme being"? Me thinks the tale grew in the telling.

Edit:

My God is bigger than yours.

Oh yah? My god is the biggest god, ever.

Oh yah? My God is the one true God, so there.

edit on 15-1-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

That was funnier than Hell… except, that is why religion is promoted by the state. For God and country is more convincing.

Fog god, country and the flag?

Charrrrge!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Churches / politics created the "supreme being" to force people to give money and do what they say.

"God" was created by corrupt leaders to control the masses.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

Churches / politics created the "supreme being" to force people to give money and do what they say.

Churches don't earn as much as the state.

But I agree with the control part. Influencing the masses to fight for the state is difficult, make it a holy war though…

and it becomes personal.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

God [if you believe in God] could never have been created - He becomes the prime cause - the igniter and designer of the
'Big Bang' [if you believe in a big bang]. But these are old and unprovable concepts.

If you look at the concept God, and do not personify it, you will see what I'm getting to - We use the concept
erroneously as a license for domination and it misfires every time - The concept should be a process towards the
future of evolution an idealism that believes in ideals that are Human and evolved - God is not the past of
Human stupidity - God tis the future of Human intelligence - Godlike and unlimited - The New Dawn.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Religion is a form of brain washing. We are born into a family whose parent's religious beliefs are accepted as truth. Islamist have their children memorize the Koran at a very early age. Our political affiliation is also molded into our beliefs by our parents.

We are engrained with these beliefs to the point where if we dare to use our own sense of logic enabled by the creator, we will be condemned to hell. Think about it, why would God/creator give every human being the ability to think, evaluate and make decisions, if he wanted everyone to follow ancient writings that have no basis in fact? Why would he allow the development of so many "sacred" writings and prophets to divide man kind? Anyone with any sense of logical thinking would come to the conclusion these writings were meant to deceive and divide mankind. Whether you accept it or not, they're doing exactly that.

Some will argue he gave us free will so we can decide to either accept him or reject him. Yet there are numerous religions in the world, how does anyone know they follow the true religion of God? Does not following a religious belief make you a horrible person even though you may believe in God? Does being a good person who doesn't follow a religion condemn you to hell when there are religious people who are mean spirited, abusive etc...?

The finger pointing by the religious sect, have always ignored their own hypocrisy. Killing, condemning, judging and excluding in the name of God, surely is nothing close to love, forgiving, peace and respecting humanity which is the perspective we all have of the God who created us.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I believe Jesus knew what he was talking about, however, humans personified "GOD" to be a floating head in the sky. Humans ruined Christianity. Christians are very hateful people, however, the values of Christianity, that Jesus preached, are real and wonderful and beautiful. Christians today do not practice Christian values. They are not even Christians at all, they are evil. Ironic.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Einstein was not agnostic, but panthiestic.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I think by proper definition, everyone is agnostic, no one can disprove or prove God exists etc. I would like to say if he does exist
the condition of the earth doesn't make him look caring. But let's say he is, and smarter and more reasonable than us too. Then wouldn't the thought that he would send us to eternal torment for choosing the wrong religion be insulting him? That's calling him cruel and demented by human standards. By God standards it's calling him the epitome of evil. I don't think worship this human caricature is irresponsible, and prefer my own God given intuition over man made stories. If we ever meet God, it will not be in this world. Our thoughts and prayers and are our connection to him, books have human preconceptions in them, and reading is great for learning... but no book written by any one who met God, so don't take it too far.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I think by proper definition, everyone is agnostic, no one can disprove or prove God exists etc. I would like to say if he does exist
the condition of the earth doesn't make him look caring. But let's say he is, and smarter and more reasonable than us too. Then wouldn't the thought that he would send us to eternal torment for choosing the wrong religion be insulting him? That's calling him cruel and demented by human standards. By God standards it's calling him the epitome of evil. I don't think worship this human caricature is irresponsible, and prefer my own God given intuition over man made stories. If we ever meet God, it will not be in this world. Our thoughts and prayers and are our connection to him, books have human preconceptions in them, and reading is great for learning... but no book written by any one who met God, so don't take it too far.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join