It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rhetoric on ATS recently.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

The propaganda has worked its evil magic on our community.

So much so I have actually registered on a different forum for the first time in years and years.

LOL!! and the best of luck with that!

Propaganda is every where like the two sides of a coin

To add to the media poison there are a few members on here posting their xenaphobic hate in any thread deemed relevant. Usually it's something like "Yeah, kill all the dirty animals" - usually in response to a rubbish video created as propaganda which is taken seriously. 5 years ago our members wouldn't have taken these videos seriously.

^^^^ the bolded your propaganda? seriously I have not seen that anywhere.

But then again, five years ago our members were looking out for UFOs, ghosts and meteors....

You cant be serious!!

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Oh and just to point out If anyone from the Islamic faith is reading this thinking of joining ISIS or wanting to cause harm pm me and we will meet up and have a chat.
lol bot gonna beat you up gonna help you see the bigger picture.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

well i am an animal, white skinned, but still, nothing more than a hairless ape, pretending to be tame, and all other animals are my rivals, especially those, that look scary and different, it has always been like that, and that is the way, it is always going to be, i guess..

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I have seen plenty of members posts saying that all muslims should be killed and that we should drob nuke's on the whole of the middle east.

Search around, it is quite sickening

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

We can be better then that though.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Sublimecraft

ISIS and some western media are all using propaganda to make people hate each other like I said why are some falling for it?.
The bigger question is who is pulling the strings eh? I honestly think a religious war is being manufactured to help the population fall It will only suceed If people fall for it.

*Two fingers down the hatch pour another

When I first joined ATS with my previous account, the hate was all pointed at Jews. Of course people would say "I'm not anti Jewish, it's the zionists I hate" and then talk about destroying all Jews.

This isn't just a media control thing, if it didn't sell they wouldn't push it - some people just have a need to hate and if there is no group to point at and blame for all the worlds problems, they just might have to look in the mirror...

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
So, let's be intolerant to free speech.

People need to grow thicker skins. My God, everything hurts someone's feelings now.

Crybabies.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 123143

If having empathy for the people I live and work with and thinking of people displaced by wars made by our politicians makes me a cry baby.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
So, let's be intolerant to free speech.

People need to grow thicker skins. My God, everything hurts someone's feelings now.

Crybabies.

This seems to be a common theme these days.

At what point does "free speech" become "hate speech"

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74 for some reason some on ATS would rather you lose your empathy and replace it with destructive negative emotions, which are not healthy to the mind or body

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
You know, I had a comprehensive response all composed, ready to submit, but I'd rather keep my membership.

Censorship - ain't it grand . . .

One foot in the grave and can't wait to get there. I'm sure y'all agree.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
you got a whole city in Calais waiting to get to the UK. open your door if you would like some culture.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
That really isnt true about turning to radical islam because of poverty, lack of education as a lot of the radicalised British are extremely educated, a lot have been to university and some have even trained to be doctors, scientists. The 3 girls from last year who went to join ISIS were straight A students, the family from Oldham the son was tge son of a councillor. I dont go for the poverty and lack of education, most have had a good start in life equal to other British people, its too easy and simplistic to make those things the argument, it also portrays them as victims of society which they arent.a reply to: boymonkey74

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Yes and it was wrongly dealt with but we have pedo gangs and groomers from all races over here and should be dealt with.
But the actions of those few do not mean they all do it.

Also I go off this recently following the refugees.

data.unhcr.org...

Ah but look at the flap over the Catholic priesthood and what goes on anytime there is even a sniff of abuse there. No one worries about how it might affect Catholics worldwide to sneer about all the pedophile priests. No one bothers to say it's a small percentage or any PC crap like that. People can and do and absolutely will speak about it in absolutes and use the vilest terms.

This happened in Skeptic Overlord's Amish puppy mill thread, too. As if the Amish are the only ones to discover how to run a puppy mill as I well know living in Missouri, puppy mill capital of the US. But there people were all over that thread speaking in the absolute vilest terms, and I don't recall seeing you step in there to gently remind people maybe it wasn't all Amish or maybe not all Catholics.

And I don't even particularly care for either Amish or Catholics.

But of course, you will stand up for Muslims.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

It's the same principle with the Catholic pedo priests. It's okay to call them out. Even Pope Francis admitted in December that the church is 'diseased' The point of the OP is not to make blanket statements.

Corrupt clergy is the correct term for the bad priests and radical Islamists is the correct term for those Muslims looking to bring their reign of terror to our doorstep.

Muslims in the faith have the same choice we have as Catholics. That choice is to agree, acknowledge, denounce and push for action from within or be rightly seen as part of the problem.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I'm not talking about calling out the pedos. I am talking about what the OP was angry about -> people who use the excuse of what he calls a small group within a larger one as an excuse to talk crap about the whole.

Yes, the pedophiles need to be called out, but people don't just do that. They tar and feather everyone.

And I can go beyond the examples I cited of Catholics and Amish. People do this with any group. So what right does the OP have to get all offended about when people do it with Muslims? It's not like Muslims are the only group who receive this treatment is my point.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I registered on an angling forum. It's relaxed and free of propaganda.

With regards to the McEnroe quote... I am.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

If you look I will stick up for any group wronged yes Christians also.
Want me to show you up and prove it?.
Oh and never read the thread so....
Again if you really want to question me I can really show you up want me to?.

edit on 12-1-2016 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

a reply to: SLAYER69

I agree wipe them out but it is talk of native Muslims in the UK and USA being of the same ilk as them that is spreading here.
It is like saying every Christian is as bad as the West borough baptist church.
I don't think people know you can have very moderate Muslims as any religion some I know have a drink and eat the odd bacon butty.

It is also like claiming all owners of firearms in America are "gun nuts" or mentally deficient, which I see constantly from posters there in the UK and Aus. Using a wide brush on ANY topic is disingenuous at best, and insults those painted by that brush that are undeserving.

edit on 1/12/2016 by Krakatoa because: fixed fat finger mistakes

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Try not to get involved in threads like this too often but happy to make the occasional exception.

It seems you're almost pushing an agenda of your own here, chewbacca avatar guy - you seem to think the world is a lot smaller than it is, and less realistic - when I try to view the world through your eyes I see trumpton, postman pat.

Merry, happy people all going about their happy lives, waving at one another....a trumbone, bellows in the background - don't ask me why.

I wish this were true, I'd love the world to be claymation, all happy smiles, sweetness and light. But what you seem to be proposing on closer inspection - we need to aducate people, seems you think that you and a select few should be able to enforce and issue forth your own doctrine, be it lovely or otherwise I can't say I'm happy with this proposal.

I mean, in order for you to achieve this you'd essentially need to take control of the world and educate all of mankind as a collective using your own divine doctrine. It'd be a one world government...palpatine would be a wookie.

I just don't see it working.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join