It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a criminal to answer this

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Can someone please explain this to me? Why do people commit crime? If you don't commit crime you can have good beer, good TV, good looking women, good jobs that pay good money, a soft bed, privacy, property, technology and good food.

But if you do commit crime you go to prison, which means prison food, prison gangs, prison fights, prison rape, prison jobs that pay ten cents a hour, no painkillers when you get a headache or toothache, prison toilet wine and you bring shame upon your family. What's the lure of committing crime ?
edit on 10-1-2016 by SpecialSauce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SpecialSauce
I assume adrenaline or lack of a job?... Or it not being enough.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I can answer this.

1.People have been raised to think they are "entitled".Therefore they see nothing wrong with taking something that isn't theirs.
2.Some people are very very poor and get tired of fighting to get something,anything,just a small something to make life a tiny bit easier.
3.Some people are sociopaths and plain don't care what anyone thinks of them.

I am sure there are other reasons,but these are the main ones.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
What is a crime?

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
lulz...

I sold illegal things when I couldn't work because I was caring for my disabled mother...
I smoked to forget some horrible things...
I put a policeman into an ambulance for daring to put his filthy pig hands on me...

Wanna know something...
I'd do it all over again.
edit on 10-1-2016 by CharlieSpeirs because: Tryna make this T&C friendly.

edit on 10-1-2016 by CharlieSpeirs because: Removed the word "to" because I said it twice.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
What is a crime?

Really good point. I've learned to let my own moral compass be my guide. Most modern laws are not based on justice but instead implemented for control or due to corporate greed.

Treat people the way you think they want to be treated and don't get hung up on whether or not you should J-walk on an empty street.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I'm being extremely serious when I say this it's the cause of physical abuse and sexual abuse that causes people to do these things not feeling good about themselves and people who commit crimes have a lack of insecurity for who they really are it's not up to anybody else besides themselves to commit these acts on a yearly basis

One thing I've learned is nine out of 10 people that commit crimes are on drugs and nine out of 10 people are also physically and sexually abused when they go to treatment and that's the cause that brings them to the drug addiction and when you have a drug addiction like I do we do the things that we do because it's just how our minds develop were not all there in the head

The last time I did was beating up an officer because I was completely drunk and was looking at 10 years in prison and I did three years in a treatment center in Alaska to get my life back together it's no joke that people to commit crimes don't do it because that's what they want to do it's the life environment that they live in that leads to that as a gateway drug does

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
lulz...

I sold drugs when I couldn't work because I was caring for my disabled mother...
I smoked to get high to forget some horrible things...
I put a policeman into an ambulance for daring to put his filthy pig hands on me...

Wanna know something...

How admirable.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
lulz...

I sold drugs when I couldn't work because I was caring for my disabled mother...
I smoked to get high to forget some horrible things...

Wanna know something...

How admirable.

The admiration is unnecessary.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

If you don't commit crime you can have good beer, good TV, good looking women, good jobs that pay good money, a soft bed, privacy, property, technology and good food.

All this can be had without manual labor (including golf courses) if it is a federal crime
Good ol US

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The intellectuals and medical academics says it's all mental illness.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpecialSauce
Can someone please explain this to me? Why do people commit crime? If you don't commit crime you can have good beer, good TV, good looking women, good jobs that pay good money, a soft bed, privacy, property, technology and good food.

But if you do commit crime you go to prison, which means prison food, prison gangs, prison fights, prison rape, prison jobs that pay ten cents a hour, no painkillers when you get a headache or toothache, prison toilet wine and you bring shame upon your family. What's the lure of committing crime ?

You ask this as if you have never stepped out of the bounderies before? Have you really never commited a crime of any sort? It's damn near impossible to make it through an entire lifetime without breaking a few laws nowadays.

But if you are asking why some people are such pieces of #? Well every body has their own personal reasons why they are such ass holes.

Why do people victimize eachother? Because they are ass holes. Why are they ass holes? Because somebody treated them like # at some point.

Personally, i blame it all on the parents. Bad parents raise ass holes and good parents raise victims.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I think you've got it wrong.

Crime pays, as long as you don't get caught. In fact they are some of the richest people on earth.

So they probably eat better than you have nicer things than you and laugh at your assumption.

But these are smart criminals, I take it you're talking about dumb criminals, ands in that case, they probably don't think that deeply.
edit on 11-1-2016 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

You are referring to crimes with a victim correct?

It sounds like you lucked out, grew up in a place where golden rule/nap teachings were instilled in you and you were not abused in any way as child. And you likely never found yourself doing hardcore drugs.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Why do I commit crimes ? Because there are too many laws...

Here's some thoughts from Lao Tzu that may address your question;

The more taboos and inhibitions there are in the world, the poorer the people become. The sharper the weapons the people possess, the greater confusion reigns in the realm. The more clever and crafty the men, the oftener strange things happen. The more articulate the laws and ordinances, the more robbers and thieves arise.

Most of my crimes are thought crimes though, I just hope Angela Merkel's Stasi Internet Police aren't monitoring this post
edit on 11-1-2016 by Noobarino because: fix typo

edit on 11-1-2016 by Noobarino because: add content

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Geez I didn't know all those perks came with being a good boy, not..

It's nice to think of what's good or bad but I'll tell ya I've worked in an environment where I had authority to arrest people and I would frequently look the other way when I would see a woman stealing baby food that she may/may not be able to afford.

That's my perogative and not all things are black and white.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I'm currently working on a masters degree in Criminal Justice. There are many theories out there as to why crime occurs. It could be the environment one grows up in. It could be that a kid is repeatedly told they are "bad" and eventually belive it (self fulfilling prophecy). Truth is, no one really knows for sure why crime exists, only that it always will. It's not always necessarily a choice one makes, but often the result of the situation a person is in and the environment in which they inhabit.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Studies show a huge portion, I think over 80 or 90 % of crimes are related directly or indirectly to drugs.

Meaning people who commit drugs or are victims are crimes can trace it back to drug use, drug sales, or drug acquisition.

edit on 11-1-2016 by viscar because: mistyped a number

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Simple answer:

Many criminals don't believe what they're doing is a crime. The human mind can justify a lot of things...

Some do know it's a crime, but the payoff seems to outweigh and potential risks/consequences.

Right/wrong can sometimes be seen in shades of grey. What may be "wrong" in most of the time can be seen as "right" under another set of circumstances.

Morality is also a subjective thing, hence why we elect and appoint judges and have trial by jury.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I commit a crime everyday afterwork.
Do I think I'm a criminal? .
Nope.
Desperate people will do desperate things.
Just be thankful you are not desperate enough to become a criminal but it is all in us and everyone could be put in a position to break the law.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join