It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a criminal to answer this

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SpecialSauce

YOU ONLY GO TO PRISON IF YOU GET CAUGHT

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: viscar

Studies show a huge portion, I think over 80 or 90 % of crimes are related directly or indirectly to drugs.

Meaning people who commit drugs or are victims are crimes can trace it back to drug use, drug sales, or drug acquisition.

Where did you get the stats you mention? I have not learned anything about the stats being that high regarding being under the influence while committing a crime. According to NIH, 1 in 4 inmates in state prison committed a crime while under the influence, 32% of state prisoners and 26% of federal prisoners said they had committed their current offense while under the influence of drugs."

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I got my felony when my 17 year old pregnant ex- fiancée had a miscarriage when I was 20.

I lived with her parents for a year and we dated since high school.

Then one day a knock on the door and handcuffs on my wrists because her father felt it was the right thing to do. This was two days after she miscarried at 6 months. Then I sat three months in jail and am still on 5 years probation.

I supported a lot of her family working a high wage construction job while they were on welfare. I was the one who put food on their table and fed four people plus myself.

But I guess In the end I deserved it right? I can't vote, I can't own guns any more. Because now I am deemed a criminal.

Nice guys finish last right?

By the time I got out of jail she was already knocked up by some guy three years older than myself, married, and happily ever after.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Because she was underage?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

Yes underage in the state of California by three weeks. Even though we dated all throughout highschool when we were both minors and her father approved of our marriage.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Did you propose to her after she became pregnant?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
In the UK, about 47% of male offenders have a mild to moderate injury, or report having had an assault to the head (figures are high in homelessness, too).

I know, from my profession, that brain injury results in many effects that could lead to criminal activity:
* adhedonism (needing bigger thrills to feel any sort of rush)
* lowered patience/tolerence threshold, so lash out at things they would previously let slide.
* high risk threshold, (or do I mean low? Hmmm semantics) where one sees the risk, but doesn't find it offputting or deems it as
acceptable.
* Disinhibition - so you might comment aloud on someone's big nose, or their girlfriend's breasts, to their face, where, pre-injury,
you'd just think it. And they might object to such comments.
* Easily led: unable to tell when you're being used.
* Fatigue, where you're just so tired everything p****s you off.
* more easily affected by drink/drugs (basically, you become a cheap date)

I could go on, but my point is, asking for a criminal to tell you what they get out of crime is a little disingenuous and ignores the many other reasons people find themselves in a cell. And, as someone pointed out, it's a question probably best asked to a successful criminal, who can point to his fast car and second home. Maybe you'd be better off asking a banker

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
There's a pretty simple answer here. Many "criminals" commit "crimes" because they look at the risk vs. reward, and decide risk is worth reward.

I know from very distant past that this reward equaled good beer, good tv, beautiful women etc... Income is tax free, you need not worry about a work schedule. Instead, your worry is looking out for yourself. And as long as you are semi intelligent and don't get greedy, you'll be fine.

Everyone has a bit of "criminal" in them. You just need to know when to listen, and not to listen to said "criminal".

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Need a criminal to answer this

Then any judge or lawyer should be able to help you?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
It's hard to understand but the first five years of a child's development are very important for the type of person they become.

This is why I believe in talking to kids as if they were adults. So they actually mature into adults. If I just treat them like a child then they always stay in that child like state.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor

Did you propose to her after she became pregnant?

No we were engaged a couple months before she got pregnant when she graduated high school.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpecialSauce
Can someone please explain this to me? Why do people commit crime? If you don't commit crime you can have good beer, good TV, good looking women, good jobs that pay good money, a soft bed, privacy, property, technology and good food.

But if you do commit crime you go to prison, which means prison food, prison gangs, prison fights, prison rape, prison jobs that pay ten cents a hour, no painkillers when you get a headache or toothache, prison toilet wine and you bring shame upon your family. What's the lure of committing crime ?

Perhaps this might help your confusion (although, at first, it may be 'uncomfortable').
Every moment of Universal existence, already exists, Here! Now!
All we do is to 'perceive' these moments!
We do not 'create them' from our 'free-will/choices'!
That is just vanity, imagination/ego!

All that we can ever 'be', at any moment, is what/who we are, at that moment!
We 'act' and 'think' and 'speak' all in perfect accord with our nature, who and what we are! Here! Now!

We exist within some vast carved in stone general structure of Laws, that some of us just naturally violate, in the natural goings about of our lives!
And many are tortured for it!
It does not 'help', as history evidences.
The who and what that we 'are', trumps any imagined notion that the threat of torture/prison will 'condition' a 'free-will/choice' to effect one's behavior and thoughts in the desired direction.
Jail is just ignorant torture.
We are still ignorant barbarians, schizo-sapiens!

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

YOU ONLY GO TO PRISON IF YOU GET CAUGHT

It's a bit more...

You only go to prison if charges are brought against you.

The district attorneys really holds all the power in a community. They decide if a person is charged, and if so -- what they're charged with.

I got out of a traffic ticket once because the city didn't send anyone to show up as the prosecuting side. The judge dropped/dismissed the case.

Something is only illegal if the state claims you broke the law and is willing to represent their case before a judge.

So, even if you get caught ... if you aren't charged or prosecuted...you'll get off.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
It's hard to understand but the first five years of a child's development are very important for the type of person they become.

This is why I believe in talking to kids as if they were adults. So they actually mature into adults. If I just treat them like a child then they always stay in that child like state.

My Dad did. If I had a question, he pointed to the huge row of Encyclopedia Britannica volumes and set me to it.

"Well, go look it up!"

Back then you could just search an encyclopedia for "why is the sky blue". . .

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Shouldn't this be in rant?

If you don't commit crime you can have good beer, good TV, good looking women, good jobs that pay good money, a soft bed, privacy, property, technology and good food.

I'm glad you made it so easy! All problems are solved...just don't commit crime!

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

1.People have been raised to think they are "entitled".Therefore they see nothing wrong with taking something that isn't theirs.

You know crime has been around LONG before this entitled issue has been around right?

Those entitled kids are not your criminals, they are the kids that talk about it but never do anything.

Simple answer is that when they say crime doesn't pay, they are lying.

It pays very well, it is just for a matter of how long.
edit on thMon, 11 Jan 2016 02:39:46 -0600America/Chicago120164680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Both of your paragraphs have one simple answer...you have to know how to get away with it....

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

That is a rough deal, rough indeed.
And she actually got together with someone else while you were in jail for a few months?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Some people get away with it. Some are wealthy and popular because of crime.

Some justify it, saying it is merely required to survive.

Some people commit crimes because they are thoughtless of its effects and consequences or they act on impulse.

Some people give their lives an exciting "story" and act out their "character".

Some would loose themselves to save someone else.

... lots of reasons.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Regarding the violent crime you're talking about, the answer is: EVIL. It's in all of us. And when you listen to it, bad things happen. I, like you, cannot comprehend how people get into the evil things they get into. Well, I can, but I abhor such things.

Also a lack of empathy--sociopaths come to mind. But they always eventually get caught. It's the violent psychopaths you have to worry about.

a reply to: Rubicon3

That's not too difficult.

I could get away with anything--doesn't mean I want to do it.
edit on 11-1-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join