It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Correctness is Going to Destroy US

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+73 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I used to think being " PC " was a good thing, that it was simply being considerate and respecting other people.

Watching the events unfold in Europe, however, has made me reconsider the value of Political Correctness. I now realize that PC is an immobilizing mind-job that stifles open debate, and makes people afraid to form their own opinions lest they be rejected by the current societal memes or narratives being forwarded by the media and politicians.

There is a sexual assault and rape epidemic engulfing Europe right now, and feminists are concerning themselves with the problem of gender specific Happy Meal toys. When feminists turn their backs on actual women suffering and being assaulted on a daily basis for fear of being called " racist "....you know PC has gone too far.

When the Media, the government, and law-enforcement actively try to hide and cover-up actual crimes in order to continue to their false narrative of a multi-cultural utopia ....PC has gone too far

When you have to deny reality to continue your PC narratives....PC has gone too far
edit on 9-1-2016 by Noobarino because: (no reason given)

+48 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Simply put, PC will never work because not everyone can be right.
And you can't not offend one group without offending a different group.
It won't stop until people regain what is called common sense.

+38 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I've never been one to mince words. Sometimes it makes people mad, sometimes people respect me for it. But, at the end of the day, I don't really care.

Been Anti-PC my whole life.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Noobarino

I don't subscribe to political correctness I don't care, after all we do have still some freedom of speech.

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
PC is going to destroy the Western World per se.

Its just beyond anything now. The people who have fought for gay rights, womens rights, discrimination of people because of race, disability etc, right of free speech are the same people in the UK who then call anyone who dares to voice their concerns about radical islam a bigot etc. Do they not see hiw messed up that is? On the one hand they say they believe in the above rights but then try to shut down discussion about a dangerous form of islam which tells people not to mix with infidels, will not allow anyone whois gay, believes FGM, believes women are second class citizens.

The most uplifting program I have seen was on BBC the other night. It was a young muslim guy in UK who was gay. He said he was bought up to hate westerners and not to mix with them. When he realised he was gay he had to leave the family home because he said his family tried to carry out an exorcism. It finished with him at a gay festival mixing with other white British. He said there were very few asian there because they would be too scared. It was wonderful to see him dancing and being accepted just for being himself. The PC brigade dont see by closing down discussion they are going against people like him.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

So true, however I ignore the PS, it does not exists for me.

I am not swade by propaganda media PC because I never turn it on. More and more Americans are waking up to this fact, and are doing the same.

This is what everyone should do in the UK.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

If i had a red button in front of me, that when pressed down, would destroy this sorry piece of rock,

RED GOES BOOM!

I am getting real angry for so many reasons today, gonna have a frigging stroke.
edit on 9-1-2016 by solve because: typos also goes BOOM!

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
As the proverb goes, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions".

The problem is they really believe they are doing good, and trying to convince them by showing the demonstrable effects of their actions simply is not working.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
PC is on one side of the spectrum, and assh*les are on the other side. How about we find a middle ground.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

my bad

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Political Correctness is Going to Destroy US

Just say NO.

No need to be rude or impertinent. No need to insert anger.
Merely speak your mind in a polite, non-volatile but definitive way, saying what you believe.
Let the rage run rampage elsewhere.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

"My contention is that good men (not bad men) consistently acting upon that position [imposing “the good”] would act as cruelly and unjustly as the greatest tyrants. They might in some respects act even worse. Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under of robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber barons cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some points be satiated; but those who torment us for [our] own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to heaven yet at the same time likely to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be “cured” against one’s will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on the level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals."

-C. S. Lewis
edit on 9-1-2016 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Continued 'us' versus 'them' mindsets carried out by humans for a variety of reasons will destroy us faster than anything political correctness can even begin to 'try' and do. I'd be more worried of the growing fear of complexity, time, and change, in humans than any attempt at politics to suggest 'maybe try and think before you speak' trying to dictate behavior.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Going to... Good one. We are way passed 'going to'

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

When feminists turn their backs on actual women suffering and being assaulted on a daily basis for fear of being called " racist "....you know PC has gone too far.

When people are suspicious of their neighbor's activities and don't say anything for fear of being called racist, 14 people lose their lives.

RIP San Bernardino

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

If we can't discuss the problems of society at face value, it only creates stronger divisiveness among the factions involved. Soon the faction that is being ignored or silenced will eventually revert to protesting and violence. It's like a boiling caldron ready to explode.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

There is a sexual assault and rape epidemic engulfing Europe right now, and feminists are concerning themselves with the problem of gender specific Happy Meal toys.

Thats pretty PC in itself. Whats the 800 pound gorilla you left out?

Lemmee guess…

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Sometimes I think PC is just another bogey man to get people all worked over while in reality has zero impact on their lives.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noobarino
I used to think being " PC " was a good thing, that it was simply being considerate and respecting other people.

Watching the events unfold in Europe, however, has made me reconsider the value of Political Correctness. I now realize that PC is an immobilizing mind-job that stifles open debate, and makes people afraid to form their own opinions lest they be rejected by the current societal memes or narratives being forwarded by the media and politicians.

There is a sexual assault and rape epidemic engulfing Europe right now, and feminists are concerning themselves with the problem of gender specific Happy Meal toys. When feminists turn their backs on actual women suffering and being assaulted on a daily basis for fear of being called " racist "....you know PC has gone too far.

When the Media, the government, and law-enforcement actively try to hide and cover-up actual crimes in order to continue to their false narrative of a multi-cultural utopia ....PC has gone too far

When you have to deny reality to continue your PC narratives....PC has gone too far

-I don't know what an 'immobilizing mind-job' is. I am certainly not immobilized.

-Do you mean all feminists in Europe are concerned with Happy meal toys? I am certain that isn't the case.

-Please don't feel 'rejected by memes' you can ignore them.

-I had no idea women were letting themselves be assaulted for fear of being called racist.

-I wasn't aware of a multi-cultural utopia anywhere, where is it?

-There are sexual assaults happening, if the government were covering it up, you wouldn't know.

-You say 'PC' is destroying the US, yet you talk about Europe.

I don't see any of this as related to political or any correctness.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
PC is going to destroy the Western World per se.

Its just beyond anything now. The people who have fought for gay rights, womens rights, discrimination of people because of race, disability etc, right of free speech are the same people in the UK who then call anyone who dares to voice their concerns about radical islam a bigot etc. Do they not see hiw messed up that is? On the one hand they say they believe in the above rights but then try to shut down discussion about a dangerous form of islam which tells people not to mix with infidels, will not allow anyone whois gay, believes FGM, believes women are second class citizens.

The most uplifting program I have seen was on BBC the other night. It was a young muslim guy in UK who was gay. He said he was bought up to hate westerners and not to mix with them. When he realised he was gay he had to leave the family home because he said his family tried to carry out an exorcism. It finished with him at a gay festival mixing with other white British. He said there were very few asian there because they would be too scared. It was wonderful to see him dancing and being accepted just for being himself. The PC brigade dont see by closing down discussion they are going against people like him.

I don't see any closing down of discussion. In FACT, it is people that can probably be described as 'PC' that open dialogues on hate and bigotry. I am NOT surprised this has been turned inside out and backwards.

Upside down, turned on it's head. yes, all that. BLAME the nice people again and side with people who want to let their racism all hang out. This is old and tiresome.
edit on 9-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join