It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Correctness is Going to Destroy US

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
As the proverb goes, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions".

The problem is they really believe they are doing good, and trying to convince them by showing the demonstrable effects of their actions simply is not working.

Who believes they are really doing good?

People who think about their fellow man and aren't racist are doing pretty good.

I hope that is what you meant.

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
PC was sold as a way to speak more politely to avoid hurting people's feelings. OK, but now it's used to stifle entire facets of debate.

You cannot discuss traditional marriage, even without bringing up non-traditional marriage, without being called a hateful person if someone who doesn't like traditional marriage hears you. But to stifle that facet of the debate ignores an entire side the argument, and when we start talking about what plagues inner cities (lack of fathers among other things), we can't talk about traditional families. Of course, no one wants us to talk about that because it's hateful there too.

So you see, PC gets used to shut down whole facets of discussion that might be productive and help us at least partially solve some of the things plaguing our society.

It has gotten to the point where it's not about "being nice," it's about silencing dissent or avoiding the discussion of painful truths and realities.

Look at college campuses. They used to be places where you were supposed to go to BE challenged with new ideas; now they create safe zones and trigger warnings so that people DON'T have to be challenged with ideas they find uncomfortable. And the only challenging with ideas are the ideas that certain facets of society want you to be challenged with - in other words, indoctrination.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
As the proverb goes, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions".

The problem is they really believe they are doing good, and trying to convince them by showing the demonstrable effects of their actions simply is not working.

Who believes they are really doing good?

People who think about their fellow man and aren't racist are doing pretty good.

I hope that is what you meant.

Does it actually DO good, or does it only make you FEEL good?

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

"" -Do you mean all feminists in Europe are concerned with Happy meal toys? I am certain that isn't the case.
-I had no idea women were letting themselves be assaulted for fear of being called racist. ""

That's not what I was saying at all....

I am saying that many women, especially the talking heads of the feminist movement, are not speaking out against the sexual assault and rape epidemic in Europe, because they are afraid of being label racist.

This article I found just now goes into much greater detail than I ever could...

judgybitch.com...

edit on 9-1-2016 by Noobarino because: wrong date

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Its ok people just be honest, be bigoted or racist as much as you want,
No need to hide behind but but but its
The pc police fault.

Do we need daily pc is the devil thread.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noobarino
a reply to: reldra

"" -Do you mean all feminists in Europe are concerned with Happy meal toys? I am certain that isn't the case.
-I had no idea women were letting themselves be assaulted for fear of being called racist. ""

That's not what I was saying at all....

I am saying that many women, especially the talking heads of the feminist movement, are not speaking out against the sexual assault and rape epidemic in Europe, because they are afraid of being label racist.

This article written earlier today goes into much greater detail than I ever could...

judgybitch.com...

I had FOX news on this morning and they showed a protest in Germany of people who were pissed about the invasion and rapes/molestations on NYE and low and behold there was a rainbow flag from a gay women's group right there with the protestors!

Will the Progressive left lose it's female base if they keep making excuses for this behavior?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

If the German government isn't careful, they may lose the consent of the governed. Period.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Its ok people just be honest, be bigoted or racist as much as you want,
No need to hide behind but but but its
The pc police fault.

Do we need daily pc is the devil thread.

Yep! I (in your belief) am a racist AND a bigot, and I am LOUD and PROUD!

Your post just exemplifies the tactics of the Prog/left and fits right in with the theory of the OP! Shut down the opposition by calling them a "Racist" or "Bigot"!

Call me ARCHIE BUNKER!

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noobarino
I used to think being " PC " was a good thing, that it was simply being considerate and respecting other people.

Watching the events unfold in Europe, however, has made me reconsider the value of Political Correctness. I now realize that PC is an immobilizing mind-job that stifles open debate, and makes people afraid to form their own opinions lest they be rejected by the current societal memes or narratives being forwarded by the media and politicians.

There is a sexual assault and rape epidemic engulfing Europe right now, and feminists are concerning themselves with the problem of gender specific Happy Meal toys. When feminists turn their backs on actual women suffering and being assaulted on a daily basis for fear of being called " racist "....you know PC has gone too far.

When the Media, the government, and law-enforcement actively try to hide and cover-up actual crimes in order to continue to their false narrative of a multi-cultural utopia ....PC has gone too far

When you have to deny reality to continue your PC narratives....PC has gone too far

and the rest of the stupid Western World!!!

# it already

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I don't see any closing down of discussion. In FACT, it is people that can probably be described as 'PC' that open dialogues on hate and bigotry.

In my experience the PC crowd opens no dialogue, they just demonize white people as oppressors and non-whites as the oppressed. You simply change the popular target of hate and bigotry.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
You have gone a little bit overboard and started sounding pc with the comments about the rape. Then the topic becomes "why arent feminists concerned?!!!" Heh. Of all things. And then what are you? Then great, we're talking about rape, how to solve rape, and then before you know it everyone's on a rape task force. The subject becomes: rape. The progressives, in some odd way apologize on behalf of their community: "Yes, we were wrong. Its the rape you see. Sorry, we should all be like you. cause: rape." Even if rapey culture isn't the issue whatever that is we still have culture clash on the level of "does another entity get to force this one culture to change itself because of a long held grudge towards cultures that like to sustain themselves and "no racism n all"? Lets not make this about raeeeep or what women might feel. The more "ono we might lose womym voters" this gets the more you have your: left pc. Right pc. Well thats just great. But we cant make salient points about the economy.
edit on 9-1-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Media coverage and government influence on its citizens is what is causing this whole PC to spin out of control.

This is a form of mind control and manipulation to get a horde of people to think one way only. The reality is what you think it is under no one's pressure of influence.

A few years back I cut my cable tv from news and let me tell you one thing...my mind feels FREE from the many thought police out there.

The more people do not feel obligated to follow one's actions or be pressured by society to think a certain way, only THEN will you be free from this whole concept of being politically correct in society.

This whole thing of PC is pretty much the same thing as Al Gore's global warming concept he was forced to eat by the Chinese powerhouse.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I pretty much do agree except, and Im taking a break to write about what I actually feel here: crowds get out of control. And persons project. You could be sitting in your own place blissed out and before you know it, people have projected a thousand little versions of them onto what you are doing. Persons. Hopefully you're right though and if it gets that bad the stupid maw will just either go away or the stuff will die down or-

Sometimes it gets real stupid.

edit on 9-1-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Noobarino

I totally agree and have been saying the same stuff meself.

It is ruining society and u=its actually making more people who are nice people feel in a minority and in some cases very alone and not able to speak there mind for fear of a knock on the door just for saying what you think.

Its bs.

And its not just 'multicultural' society you should be mentioning in your op. Its all that religious gay transexual bs.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

No body seems to catch the wind of change that the Political Correctness is leading. I'll give a short-hand version of the situation that no one will want to accept, but what they should think about.

The UFO "medical exams" done upon abductees of over five decades ago were actually DNA changes that resulted in a lowering of aggression and a raising of compassion in those victims. That DNA then was spread in their offspring. We see the evidence of it today in a new wave of thinking that is PCness and substantiated by growing numbers of people showing other effects from the genetic changes. Some of those evident changes are gender confusion, sexual identification and disillusionment in the status quo as found in a growing numbers of younger individuals in advanced countries. Basically, these early, DNA changes have become a steam-roller effect, a dynamic element, in today's societies across the modern world.

There is no turning back. It is an advancement in the human animal toward what the UFO overlords want and what we ideally should want for ourselves in the future if not yesterday. There will be much turmoil over these next few decades as the new thinking becomes almost fascist in its growing endeavors. All for the better, the human race was not up to the task if left alone.

edit on 9-1-2016 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
TruthxIsxInxThexMist

And its not just 'multicultural' society you should be mentioning in your op. Its all that religious gay transexual bs.

There is nothing wrong with choosing what kind of path you wish to live and what culture you want to adopt into your personal life. You have the freedom to do with what you will that meets your needs or desires.

The problem of being political correct or adopting political correctness into society is that it also bends the rules of LAW in a major way. What someone would see as a crime, the actions of stopping the crime will come with accusations of discrimination or racism. A 'war on terrorism' leads to society away from accepting religions associated with those involved in terrorism and hate of that leads to again racism, gun control measures, and protests.

That is what feeds the evils of media. It keeps the beast hungry. It keeps the ratings up. It keeps people depressed. It feeds misery.

It is a viscous cycle and it has to stop. But only you have the power to choose what you feel in your heart is the right thing to do. But every person is different and so without law and order people's actions would lead to unfavorable outcomes, or positive ones. But only time will tell of this.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Noobarino

I have been saying the same thing in posts on threads for a long,

long time now and have had the odd *racist* thrown at me .....

well ...

Frankly I don't give a damn I say it as it appears to me!!

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
PC was sold as a way to speak more politely to avoid hurting people's feelings. OK, but now it's used to stifle entire facets of debate.

You cannot discuss traditional marriage, even without bringing up non-traditional marriage, without being called a hateful person if someone who doesn't like traditional marriage hears you. But to stifle that facet of the debate ignores an entire side the argument, and when we start talking about what plagues inner cities (lack of fathers among other things), we can't talk about traditional families. Of course, no one wants us to talk about that because it's hateful there too.

So you see, PC gets used to shut down whole facets of discussion that might be productive and help us at least partially solve some of the things plaguing our society.

It has gotten to the point where it's not about "being nice," it's about silencing dissent or avoiding the discussion of painful truths and realities.

Look at college campuses. They used to be places where you were supposed to go to BE challenged with new ideas; now they create safe zones and trigger warnings so that people DON'T have to be challenged with ideas they find uncomfortable. And the only challenging with ideas are the ideas that certain facets of society want you to be challenged with - in other words, indoctrination.

NONE of that is true.

-You can discuss traditional marriage. However, if you say it is better than same-sex marriage, you invited debate. (debate is supposed to be good).

-College campuses are STILL those places. There are a few where we might not 'get' the reasoning of the students, but it doesn't mean all college campuses are NOT challenged by new ideas.

SOME is NEVER the same as ALL. Basic logic.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
eletheia

Frankly I don't give a damn I say it as it appears to me!!

Much respect* for following your heart and standing up for what you believe in for your country. I wish more people would do the same without shame.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Lol! Well then I think they screwed up because some folks got a double dose, while others missed the boat completely!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join