It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Chinese collapse is going to take awhile...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

The market will survive and the world is not coming to an end.

The small investors may get the shaft, but that's what they get for being in a market that is obviously manipulated. It's hard for me to have pity when it was made clear in 2008. The people lost half of their money while big investors swooped-in to buy while it was low.

By the way, in three posts on this subject since Monday you've made the same basic comment of no concern/not a big deal/just a correction....

I don't recall, but I would agree with that.
edit on 7-1-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: burdman30ott6

How can a free market function when rules/regulations are put in place that make it not free ?

A free market means people can set their own prices on the goods they sell instead of having the state set those prices, it does NOT mean an anything goes market.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I made money in 08. I will make money this year.

I just dont understand the mentality of bailing out when times get tough in the markets. It doesnt make sense buying high after recovery, and selling when the market tanks.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley

I just dont understand the mentality of bailing out when times get tough in the markets. It doesnt make sense buying high after recovery, and selling when the market tanks.

I suppose when George Soros warns that this is looking a lot like 2008, we had better listen, as he has probably dumped all his stock to drive the market down and then will buy it back when it bottoms.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

You hit the nail on the head regarding the stock market, certain individuals own so much of it they literally can control it with their actions. Who needs insider trading when YOU fluctuate the market!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

I suppose when George Soros warns that this is looking a lot like 2008, we had better listen, as he has probably dumped all his stock to drive the market down and then will buy it back when it bottoms.
The word "probably ", suggests you dont know.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

Moves by people like Soros aren't pre-announced, however they are pre-calculated. When the move is made, the market adjusts.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
To add, people like Soros cant trade without SEC approval. They own that much.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I will admit my ignorance to all of that, but it seems like there must be loopholes in that somewhere. Soros made his billions on the misfortune of others. Is he really just that good?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

How can a free market function when rules/regulations are put in place that make it not free ?

How can the market function if you allow it to collapse and burn??

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I would suggest that watching what Warren Buffet does moreso than Soros. Buffet invests in the future. Soros is a raider anyways.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Buffet has been investing in energy everywhere, but not green energy. Recently in Nevada there was passed a new charge to solar users, and a reduced buyback price from NV energy. Without a doubt he paid for that.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I heard that too. But we are watching the collapse and consolidation of all those little companies that lived high on the Bakken fields hog. He is investing in likely survivors. The big uns.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I honestly hope he doesn't price Musk out of business because of legislation, and it seems he's trying. Solar City has been a pretty big success, now the increased solar fees will only slow their progress.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Elon is a very smart man. And even more, the green energy industry is still in infancy. There is room for everyone. And yes, I currently am in long on Tesla.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

The problem is right now for him to make it financially viable, people have to sign ironclad 20 year agreements. The new fees imposed on solar could really put a damper on selling people into those contracts.

Fees, on free energy...

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Then how about a high probability

originally posted by: anonentity

The word "probably ", suggests you dont know.

Then how about a "High probability" it would be also a high probability, that he commands a lot of disciples who could orchestrate a collapse. If his timing is right and he is good at that, it would be like taking candy from a baby. When the panic and fear starts all the work is done for him.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
its really sad that china basically owns US economic prosperity. maybe if US businesses weren't allowed to exploit Chinese labor, we wouldn't have to rely on what the Chinese decide to do. Our economy should be founded by us.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

This is actually and for us as a weaker Chinese economy means cheaper production.

Strong Chinese economy means more expensive production.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Elon is a very smart man. And even more, the green energy industry is still in infancy. There is room for everyone. And yes, I currently am in long on Tesla.

I agree its the future, you wont go wrong long term. Oil is in its last days, its too political.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join