It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are Born in a Cage You Cannot See

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Hello everyone, Lend me 5 minutes of your time. I made a video for my graduation project, and I was asked to give this video it's own thread by suggestion of other members. I'm not really sure if this is the right place. I have no commercial gains that I can or will make from this video, I just want to spark a discussion.

Let me explain myself a bit.

By using storytelling I tried to explain how the world works and explain the concept of the cage we were born into, and expose the bars that keep us in our imaginary box. A speech taken from the intriguing movie "My dinner with Andre" combined with footage that I shot last September in Croatia. The changes that have taken place in the last 50 years alone resulted in a world where there is more and more information, and less and less meaning. We are indoctrinated, we are bombarded with information to pull us into submission. By pursing truth as a goal in my video, I tried to expose the fabric of our collective enslavement. Modern day culture is akin to a factory producing standardised cultural goods that are used to manipulate mass society into passivity. The culture industry undermines our individual choice and it fosters a powerful distraction which ultimately destroys any meaningful appreciation of reality.

So the question arises, how do we get out of this mess? How bad does it need to get before we wake up?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Seven.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Yep.

And one of the first things that was done to me was to take ink impressions of my feet to signify that someone else had control of me before I set foot on the land, and cut the end of my penis off as a symbol of someone else' beliefs, therefore supposedly making me a member of a certain herd.

Here is another good movie to watch for those of you who still have an attention span left that is long enough to sit through the entire thing.

metanoia-films.org...[/url]

Look up Pavlov and Taylorism while you're at it, while trying to understand more of the reasons how you ended up here in the condition you are in.

Or just get back up after tripping over the truth, dust yourself off and go about your busy day doing nothing of any real consequence.
edit on 7-1-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: sevensheeps

Very thought provoking. I believe there is some truth in that video.

Unfortunately

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

To make it worse, as a naturally born citizen in the USA, all birth certificates were given to the Dept. Of Vital Statitics, then ultimately monetorized for US government debt.

"If you let go the cage, the bars disappear" (author unknown to me).

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

I have researched this supposed fact and have not been able to find proof....Yet.

The wording on the documents, such as my birth certificate and the tax forms I was urged to fill out by my parents when I became a supposed adult, are very suspect.

There used to more information regarding these things on the internet, but the internet has become nearly as useless as television.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Oh my god I love you, lol!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: sevensheeps
So the question arises, how do we get out of this mess? How bad does it need to get before we wake up?

And since you want to start conversation.

This is going to sound totally detached but I think as long as the physical bodies feel “safe” then… is it really a mess?

As long as the people are not being brutally physically(or mentally and emotionally) abused then I think it’s ok. Like, traffic laws are ok because it keeps everyone safe as long as everyone follows the rules. Along similar guidelines, the people are living out relatively peaceful lives. People travel across oceans, or just down the street to go to the grocery store for some bread, without fear of being attacked and robbed and also without fear of the stores running out of bread. So… people have built themselves a prison, maybe, but it’s one that keeps them “safe.”

So idk if it’s really a mess or not, it’s just that… yes, corruption always seems to seep into any system and so it constantly needs to be checked and corruption weeped out. I think delivering real consequences for criminal actions will change behavior in regards to being criminal/super greedy and etc. And in other regards… I’m reminded of Bernini’s tower, once again. The system will crack, eventually, if it’s going to be run on networking and BS. It’s just a matter of time, and then the Boromini’s will sweep in and clean up the mess and make sh-t right again. History repeats.

Still, I know what you mean… and maybe it’s not that they are wrong, the people. Maybe it’s not a mess. Maybe you feel unsettled about it because you’re not like them, you’re different and you are seeing from outside of the box and that is something that makes you nervous deep down inside. Cause maybe the box that you’re seeing isn’t evil… it was intended to keep people safe. Maybe you’re like the man in plato’s cave allegory who is rejected and killed by the people after he tries to tell them about how there’s an entire world outside of their little cave. And like that man, you know that people could possibly reject you for being outside of their box and no one likes rejection so the entire thing is unsettling. Households can feel like prisons sometimes when you’re “grounded,” when you don’t feel safe about leaving them, or when put under house arrest. It just is the way it is sometimes, but is it a mess? No. Just, some households(some “boxes”) are more evil than others, but we all have room to change, too. And I think you're absolutely onto something when you say... maybe we need a new language! Maybe that's where the change has to start.

Just something to think about.
edit on 7-1-2016 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2016 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: sevensheeps

love this, the ending references to Aldous Huxley and Orwell were a great way to tie it all together.

thanks for making and sharing.

I've never seen it but now I REALLY want to see My Dinner with Andre!
edit on 7-1-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

The District of Columbia Organic Act of 1871 was the inception of deception.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Your Birth Certificate is a Registration with a number at the upper left corner. That number has a CUSIP number attached to it.

As this is off topic, I will leave the rest to you.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

I just checked my birth certificate (original) and it has no such number in the upper left or right.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Perhaps you were... created?

Is your birth named spelled in ALL CAPS?

You don't possess the original. The Dept. Of Vital Statistics does. You have a duplicate.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
Is your birth named spelled in ALL CAPS?

I just looked, it is not.

You don't possess the original. The Dept. Of Vital Statistics does. You have a duplicate.

If you say so, this is one that came home with me from the hospital. I have never needed to go to the Health Department to get a copy made.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Your comment about a "new type of perception" is exactly right even though it is as old a mankind itself. We do not perceive the world around the same way our ancient ancestors did. We have forgotten how to listen to nature and see what messages it has. Where the animals were and what plants could be found to eat or for medicine. We watch television to see what the weather is like when all we need do is walk out the door. If MEANING is what we lack it is because nature no longer hold's it's proper place in our lives.

Thousands of years ago our existence depended upon the QUALITY of the attention we paid to our surroundings. To know weather patterns so intimately you would know 2 days before a storm hit giving you time to build a proper shelter. Seeing the tracks and signs of passage of a mother bear with cubs so you knew trouble was nearby. Knowing that certain plants often grow around other species that you eat the roots of - all of these gave us the ability to survive.

Our senses extend far beyond sight, sound, smell and touch and even those senses have fallen in to disuse and decay. Patience more than any other quality is what we lack and that directly affects the quality of information we are able to take in. One finds that after a certain point all that information will begin to suggest other facts that are born of combining sensory stimuli. We can KNOW things without seeing, hearing, smelling or touching them which today we call "intuition". It is nothing more than our brains doing what they were designed to do; collate, compare and combine known things around us to suggest even more knowledge of our surroundings.

Our pride and ego often prevent us from seeing the beauty that surrounds us every day. We think somehow that it must be created by man to have worth or beauty. We miss seeing the sunset because we're too busy watching the news, too busy at work, too busy at home. Busy, busy, busy. Mindless automatons going about their daily chores with little thought and even less perception. That is what homo sapiens have become. The animal nature of humankind is being discarded, ignored and trained out of us. It is born within every child yet by the age of 16 most will have already lost it.

Just being within nature, not thinking about tomorrow and worrying about money, not labeling "that is a pine tree" but instead hearing the whisper of wind in it's branches, the heady smell of evergreens and the soft tread of walking in a pine forest.
Just living without objectifying, being alive in the NOW. That is what we are losing and what will eventually destroy us because it is our connection to the Earth. The very thing that gives us life we now ignore at our own peril.
edit on 7-1-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I think the fact that we live on this tiny, blue, magnetic, enclosed, ovoid sphere, that it is safe to say we live in a cage.

Unfortunately it is not the cage that we were born into that is the problem, it is the self proclaimed overseers that is the problem.

I have seen or heard all the information presented in Metonia before, actually in some cases, several times before. Though I have to admit, I found the way the information was presented in this video, very compelling.

In fact it has me wondering about my own behavior patterns and it might even explain some of my quirks.

I like to think of myself as a member of the Global Heinz 57 Family. I can't think of a single race or culture that is not included on my family tree.

After watching the video I am thinking that my diverse lineage might be the reason I am so resistant to programming, and why I can not accept as fact, without challenge, anything that I can not make sense of, nor do I readily accept doing something, if I don't have the whys, and the how fors, involved in the process.

People have just viewed me as a rabble-rouser, obstinate, difficult, obtuse, recalcitrant, and a few other things, some that go against the T&C rules of ATS. I am now wondering if I am just Divergent.

.... Here is another good movie to watch for those of you who still have an attention span left that is long enough to sit through the entire thing. metanoia-films.org...[/url]

vimeo.com...
edit on 7-1-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word edit.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: PennyDreadfuls
Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage.

Just don't smash too many pumpkins or your cage will start to smell.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Honestly had never heard those lines from my Dinner with Andre...

Thank you!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Dude, you’re quick with spreading love

Well said, I love how you are thinking.

The new language is something we should all look into.The language I used was the one of Intervention design. It is the theory and praxis of designing for the new world without drifting away from the old world too far. Intervention design is design for a rapidly changing society. Normal’ design leads to solutions based on old models and way of thinking, thus solving symptoms instead of the real problem. Intervention design tries to intervene between both worlds by first investigating how the problem would be solved using 'normal’ design, then investigating how the problem would be solved using new ideas and insights by stripping the problem to the core. The difference between both leads to an intervention and a new design solution.The problem is we should be mad as hell and not taking it anymore. So its time for an intervention trying to help improve the lives in minds of others trough different kind of Media and on the interpersonal level is of great importance. What you said about Plato's allegory was very on point. Plato was researching the effect of education and the lack of it on our nature. I think the effects on our society are very similar. A great analogy for the state of our current society is the one of the frog in hot water - if you slowly increase the temperature of the water, the frog will not jump out and complacently dies. But times have changed, we can fight back and help others along the way. I don't know how or what is gonna happen, but something is brewing for decades now. People see that the internet provides them with tool to set themselves free. More people are waking up to the reality that the world is an echo chamber by design and we are held captive by corporate enslavement and we enslave ourselves.

We need to preserve the light, all of us. I believe we can and will change our collective future outcome for the good of us all. We live in dire times yes, but there is no need for fear. I wanted to get people thinking,

Together have the power to fundamentally changed the fabric of our society. United we can overcome any obstacle, collaboration is the key to our evolution.

Love,

Seven.

edit on 7/1/16 by sevensheeps because: Wording

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Very insightful, you really or on point with what you said about the qUALITY of the attention we paid to our surroundings. This is something I have noticed a lot myself personally I pay so much attention to my surrounding. I feel so aware that it sometimes is hilarious to look at people shopping in Christmas markets going all out on all trivial fluorescence made in China plastics. I see the entire wheel behing it that is at the root of power and control structures that dumb us down. We feed this machine whatever it needs, and if we try to break our chains we are a pariah and ridiculed, or worse. I have a strong creative spark and
I can iterate, prototype, and validate modern design solutions as required. For aeons design, math and art have been at the backbone of modern society. The changes that have taken place the last one hundred years resulted in a world where there is more and more information, and less and less meaning combining all this information I tried to design for connectedness. This way I can make the world manageable by design, destroying that what already exists and try to make people see beyond the hyper-real. This way I want to make people aware of their surrounding so they can reflect critically on what is really happening around them.

I really hope it does..

It is that I am an eternal optimist and I think I have a very strong mind that I don’t go nuts from how obvious everything actually is. In our global village we need to entertain each other. We do not think critically enough anymore, we are bombarded with trends information that slowly as captivated us into submission. I think there is an underlying problem with how we perceive what is important for us. The worst thing is that we were warned about our self inflicting dystopia by many writers and intellectuals for many decades. We have ended up in a strange hybrid of their visions of the future.

A great analogy for the state of our today is the one of the frog in hot water - if you slowly increase the temperature of the water, the frog will not jump out and complacently dies. Every natural resource and every living being is commodified and exploited as the citizens are manipulated into surrendering their liberties

edit on 7/1/16 by sevensheeps because: Wording.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join