It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man 'In Suicide Vest' Shot Dead By Paris Cops

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
One year after charlie hebdo

Witnesses describe seeing a man running towards the entrance of a police station before "two or three" gunshots rang out.

Man 'In Suicide Vest' Shot Dead By Paris Cops

I will be curios to understand who the man was and who he was affiliated with.
Pictures posted on social media showed a man in jeans and a grey jacket lying with his arms out at his sides on the pavement, yards from the entrance to the police station.

More follows...
edit on 7-1-2016 by ReadLeader because: Sp

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This is what we are getting right now over here in France :

A man armed with a knife was been shot dead by security forces Thursday after attempting to enter a police station in northern Paris, police sources said.

The shooting took place outside a police station in the Goutte-d'Or area of the French capital’s 18th arrondissement, the sources told Reuters.

A witness told AFP he had heard "two or three shots" fired by police.

Paris police confirmed shots had been fired without providing more detail.

Pictures posted on Twitter showed a man, the alleged assailant, lying on the pavement after being shot with what appeared to be a police bomb disposal robot inspecting the body.

The incident took place as France marked the one-year anniversary of last January’s terror attack on the offices of satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo.

More here : www.france24.com...

Nothing more for the moment...

Kindest

Lags

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Reports are saying he shouted "Allah is good", but authorities still aren't sure if it's terrorism.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Can you tell me where you read these reports of someone shouting "Allah is good" please as I cannot find them on French news sources over here?

Thank you very much

ETA : For the moment I have found the Figaro saying this but cannot find other sources : www.lefigaro.fr...

I think we really have to be careful before jumping to conclusions... yes yes I know...

Kindest

Lags

a reply to: avgguy

edit on 7-1-2016 by Lagomorphe because: Link added

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

My local news in the US, here like 10 minutes ago. It's an ABC affiliate.

They also said he had a suicide vest on.
edit on 7-1-2016 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Good everytime a Islamic terrorist is killed. This song should play.

Islam the religion that doesn't need reform, because we do not want to offend those whose subscribe to medieval beliefs.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Sky news just said he shouted something about Allan's Snackbar also.

Not totally surprised with this being the anniversary of Charlie Hebdo.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphewww.rt.com...

Wow. He's correct. ...

There were also reports that the man was believed to have shouted “Allah Akbar” as he tried to gain entry to the station. He may have been wearing a suicide belt, an interior ministry spokesman Pierre-Henri Brandet said on BFMTV, as cited by Reuters.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Reminds me of "its a wonderful life" , but we're sure as hell not giving an angel it's wings...Firmly agree tho Tech!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Must be the place next to Al's Halal

What is it with Paris though suddenly becoming Western Europes hub for terror attacks though ?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Certainly makes no sense. Here is the body and robot next to it..

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Good job by the authorities. I hope it was a shot right between the eyes that took the scum out.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

and it continues...

moving forward I suppose it is good to be vigilant on "anniversaries" and similar dates, but there are so many different incidents there is an "anniversary" so often now.

I'm relieved to hear he was stopped though.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
Reports are saying he shouted "Allah is good", but authorities still aren't sure if it's terrorism.

Makes sense... There is always the possibility the man was deranged and was trying to incite more racial hatred by trying to pass himself off as arab / muslim.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Did the robot spread his arms out so perfectly like that ?

I've not seen many dead people, but the way his body is laid out just doesn't seem "natural" for someone who was shot

If anything his body looks laid out like Jesus on a cross, arms spread out and feet crossed, just looks weird to me

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Agreed. Stay viligent. So the force was on high alert for a couple of reasons...

""""The attack occurred a little over an hour after President François Hollande concluded a speech to forces at the Paris police department during which he warned that terrorism was still threatening the country.""""

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Reporting he was wearing a fake suicide vest.

Strange.

Why would anyone wear a fake vest if he was intending to die?

The only scenario would be if he was wanting to escape and take hostages.

Fishy

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

One less scum bag terrorist the world has to worry about. Thankfully he was stopped before he could take any innocent lives with him.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Dis, I noticed that as well. Perhaps the bot spread the arms, crossed the ankles, or maybe he was still alive and presented himself that way before his last pulse. I've seen. Bodies in "prayer" mode (kneeling leaning on furniture etc) on suicides before...

??IDK. Maybe Lgo can chime in since he/she resides there.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

good choice, here is a alternative.

edit on 7-1-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join