It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's How Many People Fatally Overdosed On Marijuana Last Year

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: longy9999

A lot of companies in the UK have random drug testing permission written into the employment contract, you won't be able to start with the company unless that contract is signed. A company I worked for several years ago pulled a random test on a Monday morning and 8 people who had been on the nose candy that weekend tested positive and instantly lost their jobs.

Now this I could understand if they were high at the time they were working but what was left in their system was from their own personal time at the weekend, had worn off and wasn't affecting their ability to perform their jobs in any way. Seems a little unfair to me.

Cocaine and meth leaves the system very quickly. Shortly after you come down from the high it is out of your system. In the military they started to check people on Saturday and Sunday mornings because a person could do the stuff for most of the weekend and be clean come Monday. If 8 people were busted on a Monday for this stuff they were hitting it hard late into Sunday night/early morning.

An oh they were using stuff that was illegal, not sure how you feel about that but illegal is illegal... As these drugs become legal I'm sure they will raise limits to show the difference between high and just having it in your system, like what is done with alcohol. Even with that there will still be jobs that you can not have anything in your system including alcohol.

New one on me, I was under the impression that some of these drugs could still be in your system for several days after use. One of the 8 guys that was dismissed had used coc aine on the Saturday night and still tested positive Monday morning.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: MrMasterMinder

Well the government would set prices but when illegal users would grow their own making it as cheap as chips.
So tempted.

Im a bit confused what you're saying there.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

a reply to: mmirror

Some are just wired to have bad effects when on weed.
I saw weed caused schizophrenia when I worked in the mental home and we had three people who had schizophrenia all brought on by smoking it in their early teens.
Like anything don't give it to kids

What are the odds that the people in the mental home wouldn't have got it anyway?
The fact that it was in a mental home kinda skews statistics, if the home was absolutely jam packed of people who'd smoked weed and got Schizophrenia then I'd worry. How did the others who had schizophrenia get it?

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

That isn't entirely true. Powdered drugs like coc aine or meth can be in your system up to a week after ingestion.

It is all about where they set the "positive" level. We have the ability to show positive for pot just passing someone smoking it and you get a whiff, but the bar is set at much higher level to prevent any kind false positive error.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I double wrap Mr winkie.

Whatever helps you go the distance.

Nobody overdoses on cigarettes either but you'd think they're worse than prescription drugs the way people have outlawed them in most places.

Cigarettes aren't outlawed anywhere. You just can't smoke in the same places you used to be able to smoke. They do the same thing with alcohol, yet I don't see people complaining about the restrictions placed on where you can imbibe that. Heck, in the states that have legalized marijuana, marijuana is treated the EXACT, same way.

Some places won't even let you smoke within 100' of the building. I can remember smoking restaurants having smoking and non smoking. You couldn't smell the smoke if you were in the non-smoking section. The way I see it, weed smokers get upset with people saying it shouldn't be legalized or whatever, it reminds me of the way I used to get over people that complained about smokers when I smoked.

But you have to remember, like alcohol, weed can impair your judgment which is why it's dangerous outside of home and illegal at work. One has a longer lasting effect.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I agree but i was replying to your post about a domestic burglary.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

New one on me, I was under the impression that some of these drugs could still be in your system for several days after use. One of the 8 guys that was dismissed had used coc aine on the Saturday night and still tested positive Monday morning.

As I said in another post they most likely had extremely low positives levels for the test. I'm not 100% sure, but if you are too low you can fight it since you can get coc aine off money, or whiff pot just walking down the street.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

It can help bring it on and yes thinking back most of the people there did have history with drugs.
Like I said the ones where it noted their schizophrenia was helped by their drug use started very young one girl was around 9 when she started and by the time she was 19...sectioned.
I think the ones who do go over the edge have a disposition for being mentally unwell and the weed helped it on.
Some people can smoke it often and do fine some can not.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
Some places won't even let you smoke within 100' of the building. I can remember smoking restaurants having smoking and non smoking. You couldn't smell the smoke if you were in the non-smoking section. The way I see it, weed smokers get upset with people saying it shouldn't be legalized or whatever, it reminds me of the way I used to get over people that complained about smokers when I smoked.

This is irrelevant. Smoking is still legal there. You aren't going to get arrested for smoking in a place that isn't allowed. You may be asked to leave and THEN arrested if you refuse to comply, but that is different offense than being arrested for smoking.

You can't drink alcohol in Baltimore outside of a bar or your own personal property. That includes FAR more places than 100' from a building mate.

You are comparing apples to oranges here with weed being legalized versus your complaints about restrictions placed on already legal vices. Whereas you can't smoke cigarettes withing 100' of a building, I WILL get arrested for smoking marijuana ANYWHERE (depending on the state, but definitely if a federal agent saw me do it). And not to mention, as I said earlier, when and in places where marijuana is legalized it is treated the same as cigarettes and alcohol with restrictions placed on where you can imbibe it.

But you have to remember, like alcohol, weed can impair your judgment which is why it's dangerous outside of home and illegal at work. One has a longer lasting effect.

I never said that it should be ok to be stoned at work. I just said that piss tests should be illegal because there is no way of knowing if a positive piss test represents being on drugs at the moment as opposed to when you weren't at work or something.
edit on 4-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I wonder how many Marijuana users were involved in traffic accidents, fatal or fender bender.

The research isn't there yet, and should not be a reason for prohibition.

Pot increasingly linked to fatal car crashes, state reports

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

There is a difference in people who smoke it often and ones who have it once n a while.
Often users can and do operate normally in their daily lives.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

so I am to believe that somewhere around 25 out of 30 people that were hired by the company were all users?? I don't...either that or well, since the majority is using you might as well make it legal...
one or the other.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
I wonder how many Marijuana users were involved in traffic accidents, fatal or fender bender.

The research isn't there yet, and should not be a reason for prohibition.

Pot increasingly linked to fatal car crashes, state reports

From your link:

The study’s unspoken implication is that the recreational legalization of marijuana is connected to its increased influence in fatal car crashes. However, around half of the THC-positive drivers were also under the influence of alcohol, exceeding the state’s limit of a 0.08 blood alcohol content. Furthermore, the majority of the crashes took place in the first six months of the year, before recreational marijuana stores opened.

Here's another study by the way:
F ederal study: Drivers who have used pot aren’t more dangerous than sober drivers

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

As I said in another post they most likely had extremely low positives levels for the test. I'm not 100% sure, but if you are too low you can fight it since you can get coc aine off money, or whiff pot just walking down the street.

I couldn't say what the levels were set to, to be honest I was there for almost 9 years and that was the only time I ever saw the random drug test policy being used.

I think if you turn up to work with enough drugs or alcohol still in your system to impede on your ability to work then yeah, dismissal is the best solution but if it was from a couple of nights before and its no longer effecting you then its unfair to lose your job over.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MrMasterMinder

I understand. Also keep in mind, if you have quite a few plants and some evidence to work with, you may also get better police cooperation as well.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Can you even overdoes on marijuana?

I was called the oil head when I was in college. I was extremely sensitive to it. I never had to even bother to inhale, all I had to do was be in the same room with those that were partaking of the plant, and I was done in, but all I wanted to do was sleep.

My friends who did indulge on occasion, all they wanted to do was eat, and sleep afterwards.

I know that it has good effects for people with terminal illnesses, as far as helping with controlling nausea, and for stimulating appetite. I know that all you have to do is drop a seed any place that is not regularly disturbed, and it will grow like crazy.

I think it is clearly obvious that it has absolutely nothing to do with what is best for us. It has everything to do with what is best for their financial portfolios.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I don't know many who do not partake.
I was shocked to learn a devout muslim at work loves a toke.
I think in my workplace 70% smoke it.
I always ask folk if you could only have booze or weed which would you have 99% say weed.

(post by cavtrooper7 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

That isn't entirely true. Powdered drugs like coc aine or meth can be in your system up to a week after ingestion.

It is all about where they set the "positive" level. We have the ability to show positive for pot just passing someone smoking it and you get a whiff, but the bar is set at much higher level to prevent any kind false positive error.

Well that's why I said the detection can be up to a week after ingestion. It all depends on where the testers set the positive bar.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Closed for staff review.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join