It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity still Elusive?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I imagine there will indeed be a quantum theory regarding gravity, you and i for that matter just dont know what it is yet. There might just turn out to be a quantum theory regarding everything.

Three answers to the six questions i posed just goes to show ether you have a problem with basic arithmetic, never mind a working understanding regarding the force of gravity, or that you cannot answer half of the questions, take your pick.

Hence the mystery surrounding the topic.

I dont know why you simply cannot admit that you are in the dark just like everyone else with regards to certain key aspects regarding gravity.

edit on 4-1-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
a reply to: Nochzwei
Anti-Gravity is just Gravity in an equal and opposite direction...right?

No anti gravity is negating gravity and comes about by negating time

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

As for gravity and the assertion of the OP that it cannot merely be a by product of a bend in the space time continuum, I must ask what leads the OP to believe that?
Owing to this www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Would you like to show exactly what you mean by anti gravity?

I have been paying VERY close attention, and nothing that can accurately be described as anti gravity technology has yet come within my eyeline.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Prepare yourself for a very unconvincing video

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Orbits and high altitudes were never mentioned. These were lab tests. Probably static mass measurements or short drop tests. This was only thirty years ago, they were aware of magnetism's effects on iron and had recognized this as something else, hence the hubbub. I think I remember something about a lab that was set up next to a mountain so they could use its mass to measure gravitational attraction of different materials but I don't see what the advantage of that would be. I don't have a strong memory of that in particular so it might have been in relation to something else.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

The magnetic properties of iron has been known for more than 30 years... of that I am very sure

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErosA433

The magnetic properties of iron has been known for more than 30 years... of that I am very sure

Exactly. Mistaking magnetism for gravity wouldn't have been an easy mistake to make, even 100 years ago.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Someone once described the universe and gravity to me like something sinking in water.

Consider how when the titanic sank it pulled/tugged on the smaller life boats and things around it(not to be morbid but that was the first thing that came to mind). This might explain the gravitational relationship between two things, if everything is creating it's own sinkhole whirlpool thing. And of course the denser the thing, the stronger the pull.

They proposed that if this was the case... then everything is moving one way or another. Either the titanic is creating the disturbance by being stable while the water surrounding it is constantly moving in one direction, or the titanic is perpetually moving through the stable/still/unmoving body of water, or maybe they are each moving against one another? Whatever it is, something has got to be moving in order to create that disturbance. The titanic represents matter and the water would represent space/time/universe stuff in-between matter? Something like that.

Not sure if this sounds stupid or if anyone else already said this, lol.
I thought it gave a good visual tho.

I'm always drawn to these topics!

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise

I'm always drawn to these topics!

gravitationally?

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

lol!

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I have been paying VERY close attention, and nothing that can accurately be described as anti gravity technology has yet come within my eyeline.
Read the thread in my signature

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErosA433

Prepare yourself for a very unconvincing video
Lol wts your wager? Give it your best shot.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I would like to see anything you can find on that experiment. I want to know a number of things, like what atmospheric, altitudinal, and distance variables were tested, and whether the objects path in flight was carefully tracked and studied.

I find the need to read the results for myself, and indeed the scientists interpretations of them. If the conclusions they reached were anything like you describe, then I want to know more, much more about the whole experiment from root to tip.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It's extremely difficult for most people to think in terms of multiple unseen dimensions packed within spacetime, which I suspect play a big part in the activity of electromagnetism and gravity. It's hard for us to visualize that the physical material in any mass is "falling sideways" into non-physical dimensions of itself and that the different types of matter are affected in different ways.

And the mathematics used to attempt to clarify this don't really help much at all, because math in its attempt to be objective is very poor at incorporating the unique perspective or point of view of the mathematician.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

How's this? www.scribd.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Gravity is not at all elusive.
Don't believe me? Jump off the of of your house and it catches you every single time.
I mean if anything Gravity is kinda clingy, like that girlfriend you had in the 7th grade.
edit on 4-1-2016 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

If anti gravity negates time then what use would it be as a propulsion system? Considering any occupants of an anti gravity craft would essentially be frozen in place as would everything else contained with in the field generated. Which begs the question how would we manage to turn the field off never mind control the direction?

If negative gravity exists it possibly interacts with dark matter/energy in the same way that gravity interacts with positive matter/energy.
edit on 4-1-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

My iPad refuses to operate the link you gave me!

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I hear you. Its an interesting prospect.

I hope you can understand that I'm not vouching for its veracity at all. Its just an article I read a long time ago. I suppose being published in NatGeo gives it some credence but you'll have to use your own judgement there. I would assume at this point, since its not a prominent topic, that they probably managed to find a conventional explanation of some type.

I hope I can find something on it for you. I ask for patience. I'm a busy person right now, but it interests me too.

edit on 4-1-2016 by CraftBuilder because: of typo.

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join