It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the stupidist/funniest thing you ever did as a kid?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: Layaly

I ate toilet paper

I hope it wasn't used.

I hope so too..

re: difine normal.. says the man who wants to read his future nephew (niece) go the f**** to sleep stories

edit on 2-1-2016 by Layaly because: It's 5am

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I decided to make a wall plug in for my gameboy color which runs on 4 AA bateries if I remember correctly. so 6 volts of DC current. Well I cut off the end of my alarm clock and stripped the wire then connected that stripped wire to the back of my open gameboy with wires connecting all the battery connections. then I plugged the end into the wall.

A blue spark about a couple inches long arched through the back of my gameboy which I was holding. and Crackle POP!! all the lights went out in the house. So scared my brother jumps up off the bed hits a mirror that was balanced on my wall falls over breaking into a million pieces. I look over to the wall and it's black where the plug was in.

I went downstairs to the fuse box and found out I somehow burned out 8 fuses all at once hahahaha... Gawd.

Oh but the gameboy survived hahaha..

That was pretty stupid. Not sure if it was the most I did a lot of random things like that.
This one was 6th grade so what is that like 12?

edit on 2-1-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Ok not really a kid but still a late teen in Navy boot camp in the Great Mistakes or Great lakes Illinois.. so our company was really really good, and our Company commander or CC known as a Drill instructor or Di's in other branches of service hated or pretended to hate northerners especially New Yorkers, as he said we would most likely to give him a hard time and try to run his company which we did not disappoint, but for some reason he choose us to be the defector leaders keeping all others in check, we were soo good we were slated for the coveted banner of BIG Chicken, meaning we get to move ahead of the chow lines and received mad respect by other companies.

But the problem was we the leaders were a double edge sword that could go our own way..so one day we were allowed to go to lunch on our own without the CC, on our way back to the barracks this one cat from the Bronx called big Bird a master katerer ..basically the guy that sings marching songs to keep us from tripping over our feet, changed up the katers to...Company Duck walk March!! which I and another New Yorker signaled the rest of the company to squat down and march like ducks going! quack quack quack!! apparently some one saw us and ratted us out to our CC that led to company wide punishment, which we took in stride because at that time we were fit as a fiddle, but woe be unto the leaders who he instructed his company thus, for he sent us to ITU or Intensive Training Unit... under the command of the Mad Jap.. a mean Japanese American Di from Hawaii.

We started with intense push-ups ..now it just happens that there were others from different companies that were lacking in discipline or were disgusting fat bodies..(not my term) who were also present , so we were ordered in the push-up position which meant you have to balance your weight by the strength of your arms in a holding position until the mad Jap said other wise , this one dude beside me was soo fat he remind me of custard jelly pudding, his double chin was shaking he had man breast and his arms were wobbly, I couldn't help my self so I began laughing under my breathe and eye signaled to my fellow discredited leaders who could hardly contained themselves, then a shiny pair of shoes appeared under my nose and my heart sank as I knew we were Fked! but we took it all in stride did our thing and returned to our company humbled.

edit on 2-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I think I have ur baby photos .. Sorry not on my comp to insert pic

m.ebay.com...
edit on 2-1-2016 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

hahahahaha...

needless to say I've been shocked countless times.

but look how cute I am !

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
At least you weren't hurt.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I wouldn't read that to them. I think it's hilarious but they're too young.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
At least you weren't hurt.

Don't ever reach your hand into the back of a TV. So this old TV all the sudden went to static and I was scared so I needed it to turn on and work. the back where the cable goes in was like a metal box that came unstuck from the TV case, and fell inside, I went to hold on to that to twist the cable back in, and

GRrrgrrggrgrgaaaagagaaaaagaaaaa uuuuuuggggghhhhhhhhhh
is kind of the sound I made as I tried to let go but couldn't for a few seconds.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

oh light a candle (in glass or metal container and let it get hot enough so the top layer is all melted. Then stick in a pencil and let it solidify with the pencil sticking straight up. Now light the pencil/wick until it catches on fire..

OH

And DO NOT EVER DO THIS.... hahaha...

end up with a 6 foot flame indoors and the candle will be too hot to touch and probably melt through the chair you put it on. And your mom will eventually find the chair you hid in the basement cause mom's always do.

You can blow out a normal candle.
Make a candle torch inferno, and it's not so easy.

blowing just makes it angry lol.. Trying to pick up the container burns you.. my mind finally figured out to smother it with a pot.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Oh, no! I was a pyro when I was a kid. My step brother introduced my brother and I to the wonders of flammable spray paint. A burning, paper air plane is really cool. Unfortunately, some paint got on the garage door. Too bad my brother and I got blamed for it and had to paint the door. Then there was the time we caught a Tonka van and some wrestling figures on fire with Coleman fuel. Nice! We also had M1000's at the time and decided it would be cool to blow up a model Corvette that I put together. My brother lit the fuse when my head was close to the model. I was not pleased lol.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Greeting All Posters For This Thread,

I wish to thank you for your entertaining posts to lighten up a Sat night. My personal experiences as one said would probably get me banned or at the least catch the attention of the authorities but since they took place in other states most would not care. There are legal limits and they took place more than 40 years ago but didn't involve violence against persons and nobody was hurt that we know of.

However, since a couple of them did involve things going boom which is so looked down on today I won't elaborate but we did have a great deal of what we considered fun at the time. Happy New Year to you all and thank you again. Flag for the thread and my best,

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: shinethelight

Speaking of pools, I once tried to make our living room a swimming pool because mom wouldn't take me to the beach on a hot summer day.

Stupid and funny at the same time.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
My stupidest thing still gives me nightmares to this day, we lived for part of our life in a 17th floor flat and I didn't (at that point) have an issues with heights so as a reckless STUPID kid I climbed over the balcony and hung out at arms length (my stomach is going as I type) and hung down with one arm on the outside of this balcony 17 floors up.

Now I'm afraid of heights and realise just how stupid I was, the wind between the blocks was always high and I could have lost my grip SOOO easily.

Anytime I think of it I feel quite sick and recently as I went in to a 5th floor parking block in a shopping centre I walked out the doors from the car park to where the lifts down were and there was a circular set of stairs down where you could look down, I stupidly looked over and could see the people in the food area below directly under me and I had to back away to the walls, I presume I was suffering vertigo.

Was always good with heights until I went to Paris and went up in the rickety lift on the Eiffel Tower, I was petrified.

Weird, but hanging off that balcony was hands down the most stupid thing I've ever done..

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Well I was always a shy kid so this is more silly. I was a kid when we had landline phones and getting the new phone book each year was a highly anticipated event

Anyways one year when I was probably 10 or so, my cousin and I had the new phone book and started looking up people with then famous/pop names. We found a David Cassidy and a Donald Osmond and called to see if they were actually "The One" we were looking for. We got so excited to think Donny Osmond lived across town LOL

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I can think of a few but the one that springs to mind is when I was about 17 years old.

My sister, who is about 5 years younger than I am, usually got home from school about 10 minutes later than I did. Our mother worked 3 to 11 and she would usually leave stuff on the stove for us. I got home first, as usual, and there was a note which read "There are hot dogs on the stove for you and your sister, make sure you clean up". Just then I saw my sister get off the school bus and start to walk up our long driveway. I grabbed one of the hotdogs and covered it in ketchup, threw open the screen door and screamed "AUUUUGGHHH!!! I JUST CUT MY FINGER, I JUST CUT MY FINGER" and then threw the hotdog at her, she of course started screaming bloody murder. Then our dog came running out of the house and snatched up the "finger" and ate it. My sister then really freaked out and REALLY started screaming. All the while the school bus was still letting kids off the bus in front of our house.

I, of course, then started laughing so hard I couldn't breath. I then had to calm my sister down to explain it was only a "joke". She was NOT happy and of course called my Mom at work. I got grounded for about a week for that one. Luckily we can laugh about it now though.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
4th grade, first boy/girl party. I decided to show off a little bit. Was dared to jump down some stairs. A whole flight actually, 13 steps. Man, I could fly & fly I did, right into the edge of the ceiling overhang. Long story short,I scalped myself. It was pretty impressive in terms of stupidity, and blood. Out of it I got: a grade 3 concussion, a permanent dent in my skull, 40+ stitches, a badass scar to show for it, & the best part...got the girl too. All in all, it was a triumphant day!
edit on 3-1-2016 by ValleyofAshes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Great stories people!!! LOL

I remember when I was a teenager and I started walking up a flight of stairs at school. I was wearing those platform shoes which normally I didn't have any problems with. There was a gorgeous guy at the bottom of the steps and my ankle twisted and down I went and landed right next to the gorgeous guy, dress up over my butt and my pride hurting like hell. OMG, I thought I was going to die of embarrassment!

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
A buddy and I were cutting through a pasture on a cold winter day. We came upon a bloated dead cow.
I dared him to pop it with a stick. Big mistake.
It exploded rotten guts all over us.
We both ran and jumped into a nearby pond to wash it off of us.
We were stinking and freezing our asses off by the time we got home.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I don't know how this got started but my brother, sister, and I used to make something we called glop on the stove. We'd take a big pot and fill it with everything we could think of. Once, we even put Efferdent (that denture cleaner) in it. One time, we somehow got some on the living room ceiling. As far as I know the stain is still there to this day. I also teamed up with my sister and forced my brother to eat some. He didn't like it for some reason.

<< 1  2   >>

join