It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France mosque attack: Soldiers open fire on car 'attempting to ram mosque'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
www.independent.co.uk...

Several people have been injured after French soldiers fired on a car which attempted to ram them outside a mosque.

The driver of the car did not stop when ordered, Le Parisien reports, leading the soldiers guarding the mosque in Valence, Drome, to open fire.

The driver and another person in the car were injured.

Thank god the French gov't decided to place mosques under protection after the Paris terrorist attacks otherwise this homegrown terrorist could have done some real damage. This is why the Islamphobia that's going around needs to be nipped in the bud because of idiots like these people.
edit on 1-1-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Extremism isn't exclusive to Islam, but there are some people that want us to believe it is.

Worrying times.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
i think you guys dont get it, the people in the car tried to ram the SOLDIER, not the mosque, the car also tried to run over pedestrians .

One of my friend who lives near where it happened told me the people in the car also tried to run over a group of french teens before trying to ram the soldier

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Dasrobot

What's not to get? The headline says it all but the article does also say the drivers motives are unclear at this time. So you think it had nothing to do with Islam and everything to do with just running over random French citizens and soldiers? Trying to ram a group of people who belong to the military and are armed is a bad idea, usually. Thank god the driver didn't pack his car with explosives, so because he didn't it doesn't sound like a typical suicide attack. Although, had he been successful in ramming the mosque I'm sure he wouldn't have walked away from that.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
not at all, what i meant to say was : i think the guys in the cars are clearly muslim terrorists; who targeted especialy french people

edit on Fripm52Fri, 01 Jan 2016 17:43:52 -06002015b201531 by Dasrobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Why do you think they're Muslims?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Sincerely, i live in France,since i left the US, and its actually worse than the medias depict it, muslims are a frickin threat
in France, i mean it sincerely.
Since the recent attacks, young muslims act cocky.

very quick story : while takin the sub to head to my job, the train was aboutto leave the station,and by the windows, we could see a muslim, in robes, beard and all the stuff, waving his ipad near the windows,ipad showing the picture of one of the terrorists, while making the "slice your throat" hand gesture...believe it or not, but the other arabs in the wagon cheered...

Seriously,why i think the guys who tried to run over the soldier are muslims, its because my friend told me he saw it happening, and they at first targeted a group of white, blond teenage girls...and not the group of muslims in robes outside the mosque

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Well, I guess we'll just have to wait for more information to come out but nothing I read as of yet suggests this was a terrorist attack by Muslims.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dasrobot
Sincerely, i live in France,since i left the US, and its actually worse than the medias depict it, muslims are a frickin threat
in France, i mean it sincerely.
Since the recent attacks, young muslims act cocky.

very quick story : while takin the sub to head to my job, the train was aboutto leave the station,and by the windows, we could see a muslim, in robes, beard and all the stuff, waving his ipad near the windows,ipad showing the picture of one of the terrorists, while making the "slice your throat" hand gesture...believe it or not, but the other arabs in the wagon cheered...

Seriously,why i think the guys who tried to run over the soldier are muslims, its because my friend told me he saw it happening, and they at first targeted a group of white, blond teenage girls...and not the group of muslims in robes outside the mosque

Beard and all the stuff you say?

Really? is this the level that we have come to?

People should be scared of muslims because of hand gestures and beards and stuff?

I openly call you out on this.

Openly.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
www.youtube.com...
sure, think whatever you want, but this short segment of video is a daily occurence in Paris and in the burbs

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The Imam in the article is quoted as saying...

The soldiers charged with the protection of the mosque are appreciated by worshippers and we denounce this act of aggression against those who assure our safety."

I don't have any more information than what is in the article but the point or the target does not seem to be the Mosque but the soldiers who are providing protection for the Mosque. They seem rather careful about details on the suspect so we will have to wait.

However from reading the article it does seem to appear that the soldiers were the target in spite of the articles title. Either way it is a terrible act of terror no matter whom is responsible. We must remember that extremist who come from all backgrounds are responsible for terrorism which by design causes terror among the public.
edit on 1/1/2016 by DJMSN because: addition

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

The attacker had twice rammed his car - which was registered in Savoie, a department to the east - into the four soldiers guarding the mosque.
The mosque's spokesman Abdallah Imam Dliouah said the driver, who was 'unknown to the mosque', tried to deliberately slam into the four soldiers who were 'responsible for protecting' it.
Mayor Nicolas Daragon told the iTELE news channel that the soldiers, some whom had been thrown to the ground, fired warning shots and one then fired to disable the driver.
'Even if this happened near a mosque, the target was the soldiers,' the mayor added.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Interesting vid. I find it particularly interesting that he painstakingly edited out every single instance of someone's face. Who does that? Muslims really hate being on video, especially all the criminals in that one. What an epic immigration failure EU turned out be. Sorry for your loss.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Thank goodness they were able to protect the Muslims.

Would have been nice if they had been able to protect the non-Muslims as well.

Guess they don't count as much

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

What nonsense your post is.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Come on guys lets not stoop to "Oh they're protecting this group of people over that group"

The vast majority of people in that area probably all had radically different views. Maybe some were extreme, maybe not. They place the soldiers at these points under heavy investigation and common sense. Do you want them to stand outside a corner shop? The people in this area are all...... Wait for it... INDIVIDUALS. They will act according to their own sensibilities or lack thereof. Don't blame the other people.

It's a shame someone had to get seriously hurt whilst acting like a bigot but that's the world we live in, the worst thing we can do is cement his actions by hating the people HE targeted (apparently). How about we just stop hating other people?

Yeah, this might actually work, eh....
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (I don't proof read often)

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

130 killed and hundreds more wounded. FACT

Not nonsense. FACT

The people that committed the acts were allowed and/or invited into the country.

Where was the protection for everyone?

Call it what you will and make all the excuses you can, the FACT remains the same. The people of France were hung out to dry by their leadership while for some reason now the Muslim population is sacrosanct.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

this is Paris now www.youtube.com...

Radical muslims praying in the streets,blocking the traffic every Friday

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Sounds like a lot of hatred to me. Weren't the attackers mostly French citizens? Where was the protection? This protection obviously comes at the heels of that attack! And looks like they knew what they were doing because here comes another attack. They stopped the driver! There's your protection.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Umm radical Muslims? No, terrorist are the radicals not people praying in a street. If they were radicals they'd have bombs strapped to themselves while they prayed in the street.

You really don't like Muslims huh?
edit on 1-1-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join