It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey - Kurds : A war within Turkey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
We have so many news and the western media try to avoid posting these news, it shocks everybody and I believe we have to create a topic with all the thing going on inside Turkey and against Kurds.

These are footage and news from within Turkey the last 15-20 days. As you can see, they deployed heavy artillery inside kurdish controlled villages and towns and killing. They also kill children, torture and burn houses. I decided to give it a go, because we have plenty of news, but no topic to post them inside ATS... I will also try to keep it updated.

The bellow video footage is today news, I post only the video.

You need google translator, just copy the link from the website and paste it inside google translator window, click translate (From greek to english). translate.google.com...

Atrocities of the Turkish military against Kurds and with Europeans blessings!
link

New Kurdish attack in Turkey with one soldier victim
link

Turkey to the brink of war
link

Kurdish uprising in Turkey - Turks shooting without hesitation (video + photo)
link

NYT - Turkish genocide Kurds
link

and

link

link

link

link

We have more, but my first post is just an introduction.

edit :

Erdogan refer Hitler political system as a successful one

update : Turkey: Erdogan denies that he made references to Hitler
edit on 1-1-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Yea they screwed the pooch this time... the kurds in Turkey were focused on ISIS and stopping them and helping their relatives in Iraq and Syria... once ISIS is gone (the kurds will manage it despite the west) there is going to be a large focus on making that idiot in power pay for his decision to break the truce.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Are the kurds the patsy's some wonder - as a way to get their own home land then throw them under the bus when the job is 90% done

who knows

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The US sure knows how to pick our allies, don't we?
Turkey has long been persecuting the Kurds along with Iraq.
The torture video was disgusting.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
The US sure knows how to pick our allies, don't we?
Turkey has long been persecuting the Kurds along with Iraq.
The torture video was disgusting.

Irony is that you really seem to believe that Turks are worse then Americans or any other nation for that matter .

Turks have stopped their persecution of Kurds about 12 years ago .

Nowadays overwhelming number of Kurds in Turkey vote for governing party and occupy over 120 seats in the parliament .

I didn't watch the video , was it more or less disgusting then the Abu Graib videos ?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I have never understood why so many hate the Kurds. It is consistent through the ME as Saddam Hussein used mustard gas against a village of Kurds during his reign, and apparently when he was still on the US good side as we did nothing, killed 50 to 100 thousand in the 1980's.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The Turks and Kurds have been fighting for a long time, the Kurds often using terror tactics against the Turkish government. I lived in Turkey in the late 80's and the PKK was active in targeting government targets such as police stations. They were polite terrorist in that they would call and report the bomb to allow for evacuation so innocents would be spared.

It is a tragic situation all the way around, and right now I believe Erdogan sees an opportunity to rid himself of the Syrian problem, namely Assad and to rid themselves of the Kurdish people all at the same time. There appears to not be a solution to this problem as it is old as humanity

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
I have never understood why so many hate the Kurds. It is consistent through the ME as Saddam Hussein used mustard gas against a village of Kurds during his reign, and apparently when he was still on the US good side as we did nothing, killed 50 to 100 thousand in the 1980's.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The Turks and Kurds have been fighting for a long time, the Kurds often using terror tactics against the Turkish government. I lived in Turkey in the late 80's and the PKK was active in targeting government targets such as police stations. They were polite terrorist in that they would call and report the bomb to allow for evacuation so innocents would be spared.

It is a tragic situation all the way around, and right now I believe Erdogan sees an opportunity to rid himself of the Syrian problem, namely Assad and to rid themselves of the Kurdish people all at the same time. There appears to not be a solution to this problem as it is old as humanity

Kurdistan will be created and Turks will be the first to acknowledge it ; after all Turks have been building Kurdistan in North Iraq for more then a decade .

If you go to Kurdistan today that you will see Turkish Currency as a local currency ; you will see that the families do send their kids to Istanbul & Ankara for education .

Kurdish Turks with Ankara's help have been investing in Iraqi Kurdistan .

Kurds are not hated ; when I was a young child when one mentioned a Kurd one would also mention valour & honour .

In the 80's the Turkish Government was military controlled and Kurds got terrible treatment mainly thanks to Gladio operation.

There are estimated 2 million intermarriages between the Turks & Kurds .

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

Yes the Turks I am sure are thrilled to "help build" Kurdistan in Northern Iraq as it is not in Southern Turkey nor any where else in Turkey. I lived in Turkey during the 80's and no it was not under military control, there was a coup in the early 80's but they return it back to civilian control as quickly as possible. I loved the Turkish people, they were normal people just like Americans wishing to raise their children into a better life than they had.

They were very secular in those days but today it appears from the outside that they are becoming more non secular. Ataturks reforms are no longer the doctrine the country follows. Yes the Turks have actively stopped fighting the Kurdish people in order to meet guidelines to be accepted in the EU and other world organizations, but the war continues even if clandestine. Sure the Turkish government loves the Kurds just like they love the Greeks. (Hint: THEY DO NOT LOVE THE GREEKS AT ALL)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Yes the Turks I am sure are thrilled to "help build" Kurdistan in Northern Iraq as it is not in Southern Turkey nor any where else in Turkey. I lived in Turkey during the 80's and no it was not under military control, there was a coup in the early 80's but they return it back to civilian control as quickly as possible. I loved the Turkish people, they were normal people just like Americans wishing to raise their children into a better life than they had.

They were very secular in those days but today it appears from the outside that they are becoming more non secular. Ataturks reforms are no longer the doctrine the country follows. Yes the Turks have actively stopped fighting the Kurdish people in order to meet guidelines to be accepted in the EU and other world organizations, but the war continues even if clandestine. Sure the Turkish government loves the Kurds just like they love the Greeks. (Hint: THEY DO NOT LOVE THE GREEKS AT ALL)

Believe me in the 80's following the military coup , democleses sword was hung upon the turkish democracy .

If the government stepped out of line , they knew the military would jail them .

For example when father Bush asked President Ozal for Turkish Military assistance ; Kurdish origin Ozal knew that the Kurds in Iraq needed friendly Turks and ordered military for a northern front .

Chief of Army has resigned his position as result .

The so called war is real not clandestine at all ; every day Turks have soldiers killed in this fight .

It is by and large Russia - Armenia connection which flames this war and sometimes Greeks throw in a helping hand too .

PKK is a terrorist organisation which has conducted all sorts of terrorism from beheadings to bus bombings to suicide bombings .

PKK is controlled by those who want to take revenge on the Kurds not to save them ; isn't it obvious ?

Turks love everyone , usually .

Even Greeks and Armenians .

Love obviously stops when murder takes place .

Not a single Turk exists in Armenia while 100 years ago the capital Yerevan was % 60 Turk .

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk...

Not trying to defend Saddam but Senior Bush promised kurds, if they rise against Saddam that the US would back them. When Saddam used germ warfare (supplied to Iraq from US) to defend against the uprising the US turned their backs on the Kurds. There is a British documentary somewhere that discloses details not known to the public. US was trying to destabilize the entire arab oil region for decades.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I am not defending the PKK at all. They are criminals and murders period. I still do not believe the Turkish government supports a Kurdish state...they denied an autonomous region inside Turkey for years. I have not been there for a long time so maybe it has changed but there was no love between the two groups during my short 2 years there. As I said I found it a beautiful place with warm and friendly people very much as I know here, people disgusted with what goes on the world of politics.

The distaste between Greeks and Turks I believe was largely tongue in cheek related to football and to years of disputes over the border issues. Of course soldiers died as a result of both governments actions so not funny at all. I know a lot has changed some for the better and sadly some for the worst. The military was always ready to step in when secularism intruded for good or bad but the constitution must have changed as they are not prepared to do this today I don't think.

Yes the Turks have a very high sense of honor for their enemies if that is the right word so they do respect the Kurdish people and believe them to be honorable and fight with valor. The Israelis and the Kurds are 2 groups I think could take on the world and win. Its a different world from even 20 years ago when I lived there but I don't believe people have changed much, just politics.

As for America turning our backs on the Kurds. yes more than once. The world has turned their backs on them for a long time and the results of the mustard gas use in those villages is blood on the hands of Americans.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

Are you the same person who posted an essay in the last couple of weeks ago about an impending and imminent civil war in Turkey that is being orchestrated by the zionists.

Whoever it was seems to have been correct in their analysis of events in Turkey over the last couple of months.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

its not me, i dont have a second account and for what reason..

Zionism is Chinese, when people speak about zionism plans, its not jews or israeli (Khazaar jews), but chinese. You can find the origin of the word ZION-SION in most ancient vocabularies, also history. We named them that in ancient years... SINES, the great wall you call - we call it Siniko Wall, China = SINA and in English the "S" is spelled as "Z". The reason Jews promoting zionism is their relligion, that taken from Babylona and Babylon took it from Sina. The mountain Sina that many confuse, its like in my country, we have many Olympus. They named one mountain to remember their homeland (mongoloids). Zionism = promotion of the chinese dragonian god and the son of Sabaoth (saturn/SETH/Kronos). SInas is an ancient Hellenic word and our ancients called them like that...

Today we see people confused for what zionism is, its more like you look at the smoke and you dont bother with the fire. Jews are just intermediaries to the western world. As you can see from the above, its hard for me to give information about zionism, without a further analysis.

use a translator like google (drop the links inside and translate into english translate.google.com...

2 policremen, 1 soldier and 12 PKK killed the last 48 hours
link

Turkey needs Israel (logical, after turks messed up with russia, israel will save turks)
link
edit on 2-1-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

This has been going on since as far back as the late 70's early 80's.

So what's new?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Turkey needs Israel (logical, after turks messed up with russia, israel will save turks)

You do understand Turkey and Israel were in good together until the Gaza flotilla raid in 2010?

NATO member, Turkey was considered for a long time The main regional ally of the Jewish state, until the bloody business carried out by the special forces of Israel against a Turkish flotilla heading for Gaza in 2010 and resulted in tension between the two countries

www.kathimerini.gr...

So what exactly does this have to do with Kurds fighting the Turkish government?

Seems your trying to tie something together that have no bearing on each other.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Turkey open so many fire outbreakes, ofcourse its related and they did it the right time. I also gave a link in my first post that germans support their cause... Its because Germans have their own plans, against american plans...

there is always a reason, for the things I post.
edit on 2-1-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
These are today news

I will add external source with fixed translation and links at the end.

The Turkish Grand National Assembly is expected to set up a special committee to consider the lifting of the parliamentary immunity of Selahattin Members Demirtas and Figken Giouksekntag, co-chairs of the Kurdish Party of the Republic of Peoples (HDP), at whose expense launched criminal investigation on charges of committing "crime against the Constitution", they advocated the recognition of greater autonomy in the Kurdish areas. According to the pro-government daily Sabah today, the parliamentary Justice Committee will discuss the issue in a subcommittee, before proposing the adoption of this measure in the National Assembly. A sufficient simple majority in the Turkish Grand National Assembly, where the ruling Justice and Development Party has self-reliance, is needed to lift the immunity of MPs.

"We can not accept statements urging support of the country's division," noted Erdogan. The Demirtas stated during a speech last Sunday that the Kurds of Turkey have to decide if they want to live independently or "under the tyranny of a man." His remarks angered Turkish nationalists, who consider the slightest recognition of autonomy in the Kurdish areas is a threat to the unity of the Turkish state.
link

Turkey: Constitutional support for Erdogan, Demirtas immunity to be lifted
link

Demirtas to be headed into prison by Erdogan orders
link

HEAD OF MIT: The Kurdish WILL "burn" TURKEY (VIDEO)
edit

Turkey: At least 300 dead Kurdish rebels from attacks of the Turkish army
link
edit on 3-1-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Today we have some disturbing news from within Turkey. National security forces from within Turkey burned alive 60 Kurds and the turkish media speak about 60 terorists. www.sabah.com.tr...

The english media though, refer to unarmed kurdish people and many children among them (also the greek media speak about unarmed people).

anfenglish.com...
edit on 8-2-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ploutonas
Today we have some disturbing news from within Turkey. National security forces from within Turkey burned alive 60 Kurds and the turkish media speak about 60 terorists. www.sabah.com.tr...

The english media though, refer to unarmed kurdish people and many children among them (also the greek media speak about unarmed people).

anfenglish.com...

Your post is ridiculously ignorant .

Here are the people whom you are ignorant of :

Are you sure you login to correct site ?

You seem to support terrorism against innocent people .

These kids are just for last 3 months.

You should stop distorting truth to suit an agenda .

edit on 8-2-2016 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join