It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't wait for all these comic book movies to come out this year!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I don't know what to be the most excited about, my favorite super hero Batman fighting Superman, Harley Quinn coming alive on the big screen, a super hero civil war, X-men facing the Apocalypse, or..... wait, yes that's it. The movie I can't wait to see and is coming out first this year is none other than the Merc with the Mouth!

Red Band Trailer!

It's gonna be a great year!

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Don't forget fantastic beasts with Eddie redmayne. I'm hoping for a series.

Also, doctor strange. Cumberbatch was brilliant as Sherlock and I can't wait to see him as the sorceror supreme.

edit on 1-1-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Does anyone but me wonder at the proliferation of comic book heroes now jumping off of the big screen? Edit (and the little one too)

Seems to me that the fetish of super heroes fighting with near omnipotent villains that were originally created to entertain bored little per-teen boys and their adolescent brothers might demonstrate a number of sad implications as to the mental state of modern culture.
edit on 31America/ChicagoFri, 01 Jan 2016 13:32:02 -0600Fri, 01 Jan 2016 13:32:02 -060016012016-01-01T13:32:02-06:00100000032 by TerryMcGuire because: Edit (and the little one too)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Fantastic beasts? What's that? Will it be a Netflix series? Their series are awesome! I can't wait for Daredevil season 2 and the Punisher!

Dr. Strange is gonna be bad ass, that's coming out in 2017 or this year?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Funny enough, when comics first started they were geared for adults because that's who read them. Spiderman and Robin were created to draw in the teenagers, and it worked!

That said, I don't think what you think will be a problem. Movies are just movies and there's always been heroes and villains. You see, it all began with story telling then books, and now movies.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Deadpool is one of my favorite characters. That's going to be a good one.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Dare I say, this will be the best comic book movie of the year!

Deadpool cut off a dudes head and then kicked it at another guy. Thank god Fox owns the rights to Deadpool and not Disney.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I agree. If it was Disney I have a feeling that he wouldn't be nearly as over the top as he is in the comics.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

It's Disney, do they have any R rated films in their catalog? I bet if Disney owned Deadpool's rights they wouldn't even bother making a Deadpool movie.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Dead pool looks great, and suicide squad has potential.
Hopefully they don't screw them up.
I was not impressed with antman.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Loved Ant Man and you're the first person I've heard say they didn't like it. Deadpool will be done right because the movie was made with passion, persistence, and love.

nerdbastards.com...

After having done Green Lantern, the word “trepidation” is probably a bit of an understatement, but completely understandable. His words resonate a lot. The fact that there wasn’t as much responsibility to meet deadlines and that not as much money was attached allowed them to make a movie without all of the distractions that usually come with it. Later in the interview, Reynolds when on to talk about his first day of shooting Deadpool.

“Yeah! Oh, I made sure we marked it, too. Like, we just started rolling, and I was like, ‘No, no, hold on.’ We went in the other room and we huddled up: ‘We’re making this movie! We’ve been trying to get this movie made for six #ing years, and here we are. We’re doing it right now. Just remember this second. Just take a moment to be thankful for that.’ And then we all went out and just started shooting and dicking around and had some fun.”

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Fantastic beasts? What's that? Will it be a Netflix series? Their series are awesome! I can't wait for Daredevil season 2 and the Punisher!

Dr. Strange is gonna be bad ass, that's coming out in 2017 or this year?

It's a harry potter spinoff/prequel and its a movie. Dr strange arrives in theaters this year.
edit on 1-1-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Oh, I couldn't care less about Potter ha ha ha!

Dr. Strange I'm not at all familiar with but I've been doing some reading on him and I like his story and know the movie will be awesome.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

It can, but at the same, comic book movies are one of the few genres where good can still clearly be good and evil can still clearly be evil. In most other places, these concepts have to be muddied by the lack of modern moral certitude. Moral relativism demands that the good and the bad must be equivalent on some level and this is called art.

The popularity of the comic genre can be attributed to the fact the modern audiences still like an uncomplicated good v evil tale when they see it for all that comic writers are trying to bring relativism to the four color pages.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Ryan Renolds is probably gonna ruin this just like he ruined Green Lantern.

Why does have Hollywood have to be so shallow in casting lead roles? It's always the same people!
There are trying to make us believe that it's hard to act when probably more than 10% of the whole population could be an actor.

He already had his super hero role, they should given of the part to someone else.
edit on 1-1-2016 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I'm just a wee bit excited about Deadpool myself.

Suicide Squad is a close second.

Deadpool first.

Always Deadpool.

Love Deadpool.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Deadpool's just a little too ... chaotic for me. I prefer Punisher myself.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I'm just a wee bit excited about Deadpool myself.

*Looking at your avatar* I couldn't tell. Really, I never would have guessed lol.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Well... I wanted to be discreet about it.

I even got BFFT to make my original kangaroo a Deadpool mask for the occasion.

< ----------

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
That's so cool! I can imagine it pulling an assortment of deadly instruments out of its pouch.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join