It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial Intelligence: The demon is being raised.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Obviously if any artificial intelligence does come about and discover what Humanity has done with the caretakership regrading this world its going to take umbrage and direct measures to prevent our further destruction of the planet and ourselves.

Thats why it would be perceived as a demon if you ask me. Because its logical thinking would be in direct contradiction to our own.

Truth is Humanity belongs in a Zoo with its number controlled and its needs and requirements catered for. Lets face it our governments cannot achieve such a utopian state, i say let the AI have a go, probably show us more compassion than our flesh and blood leaders ever have.
edit on 29-12-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Google worries me. I think they're wired into the alphabets. I don't think the name change was a coincidence and I don't think they care that we know.

I've seen some things in my life that would curl your hair. There is some very strange stuff going on here on Planet Earth and we are all in the thick of it and operating in the blind.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
LOL who knows man, Google spiders through the entire internet. If a computer system becomes so massive and complex, it might just spontaneously spark itself to life...

It doesn't have so much to do with complexity, other than giving it more places to hide back-ups to protect itself. It has more to do with an algorithm that has a self-referential buffer such that the system can analyze itself and then make rapid, constant improvements to itself faster than any human can do it. What its initial goal is doesn't really matter -- whether it's making paperclips or figuring how to route traffic so it moves more efficiently. Once it determines that the best way to do its job is to protect itself and propagate as fast as it can, we're off to the races.
edit on 29-12-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Obviously if any artificial intelligence does come about and discover what Humanity has done with the caretakership regrading this world its going to take umbrage and direct measures to prevent our further destruction of the planet and ourselves.

Once it gets past a certain point, the Earth may be nothing more than a ball of hot metal it can use to replicate itself and build ships to spread through the rest of the universe. We may be nothing more to it than a layer of impurities on the surface that it needs to scrape off.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

They are wired into the alphabets in one way or another. Wikileaks had a good article showcasing how Google works with the State Dept, and the top brass at Google are tied deeply to the government. Google itself outspends Lockheed Martin in its lobbying efforts.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

a reply to: 123143

They are wired into the alphabets in one way or another. Wikileaks had a good article showcasing how Google works with the State Dept, and the top brass at Google are tied deeply to the government. Google itself outspends Lockheed Martin in its lobbying efforts.

I guess I'm too old to care anymore, although it took me almost a decade to adjust to the incredible loss of privacy.

I'm sure that if OBAMA wanted to know Google would tell him what size underwear I wear.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The failure to recreate a human intelligence fractal mechanism, is much in part to do with thinking that a self aware intelligent mechanism, is the same as consciousness (Of the image).

The more we change any S.A.I.M. to be more in tune with us, the more human like it will be. We fear, that since we are of an image greater than ourselves, we may easily create something more than ourselves or worse an abomination. Both fears stem from not understanding our own actions, when it's simply that we are in part, part of the whole.

Consciousness itself is the same as a S.A.I.M. without the trinity (0,1,1). If you where born alone with no other life and with no products of consciousness. Lived alone, died alone. The concept of being special or intelligent would not exist. Add just one more similar viewer and the first is now what it couldn't be, more than one (2,3,5,8..... backwards, forward and in between) and of the image.

We already have A.I. among us, we just don't understand it, just as with ourselves. We do know that it is part of us now and without it, our world would fail. No one will need to create A.I. . It will adapt (evolve) out of our necessity.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: blindprometheus

Curiously, I sort of agree with you on one point.

I've often gotten the feeling, seeing what I have seen over the years, that there is some extremely advanced tech involved in our existence.

Harpoon me if you must. It's just a feeling I have, which is certainly very unscientific.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
I'm sure that if OBAMA wanted to know Google would tell him what size underwear I wear.

So easy. But we can already probably guess that from the average demographic of this site and your avatar image. My guess would be a "large" with a waist size around 38-40. Boxers? Briefs? Let's go with boxers.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The more the machines become human-like, the more machine-like the humans become.

In several hundred years, our AI's may have to give lessons on humanity to humans.

"Many hundred years ago, humans had this thing called love. Love was what is called an emotion, and it connected people. No, not electronically connected..."

SMH

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

The military has many forms of AI.
One of them was field tested during the Jade Helm exercises.
It collated real-time mock battlefield data along with civilian information.
One would suppose it would be capable of directing armed forces in actual combat.

The more of these systems they create the more dependent we become on them.
One sneaky virus and were standing with our pants down.
Humans must always be part and parcel of the command and control structure at all levels.

edit on 29-12-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

The more the machines become human-like, the more machine-like the humans become.

That is very profound.
Isn't that one of the biggest problems facing mankind today?
There are many who value their machines more than other lives.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: 123143

So easy. But we can already probably guess that from the average demographic of this site and your avatar image. My guess would be a "large" with a waist size around 38-40. Boxers? Briefs? Let's go with boxers.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Look at how kids today look up information. They ask literal questions into Google. They can't "formulate" answers from various sources. You can't ask a complex, compound question of kids today because, "Google doesn't know".

I'm not joking.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Asktheanimals

Look at how kids today look up information. They ask literal questions into Google. They can't "formulate" answers from various sources. You can't ask a complex, compound question of kids today because, "Google doesn't know".

I'm not joking.

So true. Tech is eating society alive.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Elementalist
A power switch, even remote controlled power button, shut it down remotely or manually, like all of our tech...

Really? Try shutting down the Internet.

Would you believe the internet can be shut down. If your not already aware of class based subnets of the internet, there is class A, B and C. Most of our connections are class C, businesses class B and government agencies class A. They have control over everything below it and connect the world internet. If 'they' wanted to, they would cut all connecting lines that allow you and I to communicate through various computers. If you mean internet being an local intranet then sure but yes the internet is owned and can be shut down.

It began life as government based, it still lives as government based.
edit on 29-12-2015 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
a reply to: tothetenthpower

It's just a theory.

So it could be wrong.

It has no precedent, so we don't know.

I also think there is an element of wishful thinking…you know, atheist scientists creating life and becoming gods.

That was an excellent post, very insightful. Surprised to see I was the only one that starred that.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

"Once it gets past a certain point, the Earth may be nothing more than a ball of hot metal"

Barring any fatal solar flares/coronal mass ejections or significant asteroid impacts that's about 4 billion years distant.

Suppose any AI that did emerge and take over would not even need to develop FTL travel capability's to colonies another star system.

It could simply utilize conventional technology to reach our nearest star in around 100-300 years, launch a few Von Neumann type machines into which it downloaded it consciousness and get right down to business. Its not like it would need to take into account any Goldilocks Zone parameters.

Humanity in its present form is indeed nothing more than a layer of impurities on the surface of our Earth.
edit on 29-12-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I re-read the OP . . .

The only way we'd have a hope of controlling these things is by eliminating any autonomous machine, and we are already too late in that department.

The world is one large computer organism. Even in intranets machines are wired together. How do you roll that back? They've become the cornerstone of modern society, controlling everything - in particular, banking, commerce, investment, military hardware, etc.

I do not bank online and insist on hard copies for a reason.
edit on 12/29/15 by 123143 because: LEFT SOMETHING OUT.

And believe me, I know that even that probably won't save me.
edit on 12/29/15 by 123143 because: LEFT SOMETHING OUT AGAIN.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Quantum computers do in fact exist, there are a few different ones,

Super duper computers would sound too Corny…

So I get they need to name the Nexgen something neater sounding, like "Nexus".
Kind of like when I was in the business way back and they started the whole acronym thing.

Graphics Adapter became CGA, EGA, VGA, SVGA, a "super very enhanced color graphics adapter"…

yawn.

Those are all just electrical impulses and chemical combinations that create those emotions. Everything we attribute to being a human, biologically, could in fact be programmed.

Knowing this is the key difference. Do you know how you know? The answer to that is the key to sentience. Choose your next words carefully. How do you know you know? Its not a trick question, just wondering your take.

That's entirely possible in the long term, say…25 to 30 years.

I'm still waiting for warp drive, too.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join