It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A racist black professor lectures all white people on how racist they are.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Greven
Who is 'this guy' here?

You, Grieving...er, Greven, you... Do you always get upended over the tiny stuff?? You know full well it's you because you're so overly concerned about this professor and assault. Why would you even bother asking such a rhetorical question?

I do not like to assume, so I often ask. I try to avoid misunderstandings by employing the Socratic method.

You should note firsthand how your assumptions have been wrong in this thread; this is why I exercise caution.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This professor is a pompous blowhard trying to stir the pot. Like a streaker at a football game, he wants attention. The letter is a 'look-at-me, look-at-me'; a verbal version of the selfies that other attention deprived people post. Nothing he says will change anything. No pronouncement he makes will solve any problems. He has no answers or solutions, only observations that are anything but original.

This thread is about a tempest in a teapot.
edit on 12/28/2015 by pteridine because: none

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, we get it. Because of society, being born white is the ultimate sin because no matter how unracist WE might be, SOCIETY is still racist, so WE are still racist no matter what.

That is a very cartoon way of framing it....

I agree, to frame it in such a simplistic way, is indeed "crap". However, the article was not so simplistic in thought...

Based on your comment you do not "get it" at all. I suggest you read and discern the article in full with critical thought as well.

Btw, who is the "we" you feel entitled to speak on behalf of...?

Due to my life path of being born a white male and raised in a foster home by black parents, I have my own unique perspective on these matters. I can play both sides of the fence and silently observe behaviour of others who are unaware of my personal family background. However, in Canada, race issues/tensions is not as prevalent as they are south of the border. We have our issues, but overall, we are a tolerant society. For instance; seeking information about racial makeup such as on banking forms when opening an account here is illegal and goes against the business ethics/codes of conduct. It is also an absurd practice to do so in these modern times.

Because of society, being born white is the ultimate sin

Not to me it isn't. I have no guilt. The way you frame it above suggest petulance. I do, however, strive to acknowledge racism and bigotry when it does arise no matter who is demonstrating such behaviour, be it white, black, brown, or whomever.

I don't take it personal like some seem to do...

no matter how unracist WE might be, SOCIETY is still racist, so WE are still racist no matter what.

Until systemic racism or the "silent" institution of racism/practices are erased (such as charging higher interest rates to Hispanics and Blacks,) society as a WHOLE is guilty due to condoning it by denying it exist and therefore allowing it to continue.

Yes, we get it

Again: Who is "we" that you feel entitled to speak on behalf of...?

edit on 28-12-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

First you need to understand that there was more than just slavery in those declarations, then you need to understand that the men who created and wrote those declarations weren't the ones fighting and dying for the Confederacy, then you understand that 95% of the men that fought for the Confederacy were not slave owners.

I've read all of them of course, and slavery is the focus of them all in stark contrast to the argument you've been trying to make. I'm about as Southern as it gets. Hell, I spent Christmas day with my dad and brothers in the woods in northern Florida, eating pulled pork and shooting a veritable arsenal of firearms. All of my education was in the great state of Georgia.

The people who fight wars are rarely the one who initiate them and just as with most of recorded human history, those who've had the land and the money have always had the most influence over government. The fact remains that the Civil War was the result of secession and secession was the result of the election of Lincoln who was, regardless of his own evolving opinions, representing the abolitionist agenda.

You talk about 95% of the people who fought for the South in the Civil War not being slave owners but how about this stat:

In 1860, the population of Louisiana was 708,002 and 331,726 (47%) of those people were black slaves.

or how about this one?

In 1860, the population of South Carolina was 703,708 and 402,406 (57%) of those people were black slaves.

It's not about blaming 100% of Southerners in the Civil War era. These things happened. They were horrible. It took another century after the Civil War was fought for the descendants of these people to have the same civil rights as whites protected by law. Not just rights but educational opportunity, employment and economic opportunity, etc. This was only 51 years ago. That means my own mother, who died last year, lived about a third of her life in a country where black folks were legally relegated to a lower social class.

These are cold, hard facts. Inescapable, objective reality. Now we're in a thread arguing about whether or not systemic racism and white privilege is STILL a thing (I don't think even you would argue that it wasn't a thing 52 years ago). You know just as well as I do that passing a law didn't change peoples' attitudes overnight.

I think where the professor went wrong was in insisting on calling people "racists." His obvious tactic was to shame people into opening their eyes and he tried to make it more palatable by admitting that under his own definition, he's a "sexist" but in my own opinion, I think the way to change peoples' minds is to say, "hey, this is what's going on, this is why it's happening and we need to fix it." When people feel like a stranger is blaming for something that they're not actively doing, their natural inclination is to be offended and take a defensive posture.

Then again, would we be having this discussion if he did that?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: forkedtongue

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: TheBulk

The problem with that is the Gov't are the real bullies. People need to strategize and come together in order to think of a solution to eliminate the enemy within. When that happens, everything will change. Until then, nothing. I truly hope it does though, and soon. People are smarter than that, they know what's going on however, they need a leader to pave the way, something to believe in. Then revolution will begin and freedom will reign.

We tried getting away from a corrupt and bullyish government in 1860-61... All that proved is that the victors get to rewrite history the way they want to.

Today it is taught it was about slavery.

When in fact it was about states rights VS. the FED GOV.

Good spin tactics existed even back then.

Complete and utter nonsense. It was only about states rights in as far as the Southern States wanted to preserve and expand slavery.

And this is indisputably proved through the official, clear and articulate declarations of those states explaining why they were seceding from the union.

No offense but that is silly propaganda espoused by those looking to cast slave owners as victims.

You can engage in some objective research if you choose..

Why because you dont like it?

Before that, the states had the rights to tell the FED GOV to stuff it.

After they all must bow down to the FED GOV on any issue it makes a declaration on.

Slavery was just the issue that brought it to a head.

It could have been any other issue.

The fact is, some wanted a centralized power in total control of the country, instead of many states controlling themselves with minimalist federal control.

Slavery was just a great propaganda piece to use to force this issue.

Because nobody in their right minds would want slavery to continue, or a centralized power with full authority.

But as most things, it wasnt divided into 2 seperate issues.

It was made into 1 issue.

Slavery ended, and began on the same day.

Now blacks arent slaves, but the states are in fact slaves to the FED GOV.

Slavery would have ended eventually no matter what, but they only had the one chance to install federal dictatorship over the states.

So instead of state level legislation finally ending slavery, they ended it, and established absolute authority for the FED GOV over the states at the same time.

I thought that was obvious.

Seeing how all the confederate states didnt argue the merits of slavery, but the rights of the states to rule themselves.

That is why they left.

Robert E Lee, one of the greatest battlefield commanders in history was asked by Lincoln to lead the FED ARMY, he declined, instead choosing to represent his home state Virginia.

This is a historical fact.

He didnt do it because he wanted slaves, he did it because he didnt want Virginia ruled by washington.

Many don't know this, because it's not discussed in the revised history books and doesn't put such a rancid light on the Confederacy. Lee didn't even favor the idea of slavery. How many people know that though?

At least a couple of us still know it.

Hard to know how long until it is none.

Antediluvian quoted Lee making statements along those lines above ... this information is not that rare ... but Lee's perspective does not mean that the slavery issue was not the focal point of the Civil War. The State vs. National Government issue has been going as long as we've had States and a Country.

/shrug

Why do we have a Constitution? Why did the Articles fail?

People.

No system can survive while mans infinite stupidity is involved.

IMHO anyhow......meh, who am I to decide these things though?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Based on... what?

Even a conservative-leaning website will report over 40% of violent crimes being committed by whites and under 25% of the same crimes being committed by blacks.

That is statistical manipulation.

It isnt using them the right way.

It is using them as a metric of the whole of all crimes.

Instead of as a percentage of the black populace.

Because no matter how you spin it, when 13% of a population are responsible for 25% of the violent crimes, they are comiting more crimes more often then the majority white population.

You do understand that if 13% of a population commits 25% of the total populations crimes, then that one segment is causing a significantly greater amount of crimes per capita than the majority right?

Of course it's manipulation. That's what all statistics are - manipulation of data.

Let me point out something - this data comes from cleared offenses, which opens up a couple of problems. One is the sheer number of unsolved cases.

A third of murders are never solved - and that 66% clearance rate is just the number of arrests (or exceptionally cleared, when the suspect is deceased). That's the high-priority murder clearance rates.

For lower-priority crimes, it's far worse. 47% of all violent crime (including murder) was cleared by an arrest in 2009, which means 53% of violent crime was completely unsolved. Of those 47% of cleared cases, not all will be convicted.

For example, in 2009, there were 330,368 arrests for aggravated assaults out of 700,465 offenses. Sorry, but drawing conclusions from those statistics is a bit flawed.

Dont you love stats?

LOL

98% of all stats can be used to say anything 63% of the time!!!!???

lol

Humans are great arent we?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: THEatsking

Exactly. The professor is 100 percent correct.

I just can't believe how many people commit to and listen to racist acts, and perceive it as normal behavior. That is the issue.

I have a lot of friends. But most of my smart and hard working friends are black. Most of the white kids I hire are the laziest sobs I have ever come across. Everytime I hire some 25 year old white kid they skip out on doing hard work. They will do a skimpy job whilst doing it. Some have even stolen from the till and told me the black kid did it. Even though the camera tells the tale of a thousand lives.

I can sit here and tell you a few hundred stories about so many situations I have come across where the white people for it completely wrong. And how easy it is to make a white kid do something completely stupid. I am white and even if I was blind I could see how much racism exists in this world.

This professor is correct. The 38 stars on the first post only proves my point.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
"Dear White America" . . . . . . . That right there is racist.

Racism is an acknowledgement (usually in a negative light) of the superficial material (skin) make up of an individual. Clearly he doesn't know, or care to acknowledge, that 99.9% of human DNA is IDENTICAL. That 0.01% difference in what makes us all look "different".

Racism = Materialism

Also, there is only ONE race of humans.

Everything else is illusion and conjecture.
edit on thppmMon, 28 Dec 2015 16:09:06 -0600k1512America/Chicago2809 by Sparkymedic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

I did read it, and I did think about it.

He framed his thoughts by explaining it from the perspective of him being male. He explains that he cannot help but always be sexist in the same way.

Because he is male and society is set up to patriarchal, he embraces that he cannot help but be sexist simply for being male whether he intends to treat women badly and discriminate against them or not. He simply cannot help it. Society is set up to make it that way.

He draws that direct comparison.

So the conclusion here is that because I am white, no matter how I behave or treat people, I am and cannot help but be racist because society was set up by white people. So I am screwed no matter what and I just better embrace it and feel guilty about it.

And no, you don't know my experience in life. I am married to a minority man myself with a mixed race child.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Sounds to me he's dealing with black guilt. You often see this in college professors and other intellectuals. He feels disconnected from his race and ashamed of his achievements while other blacks are suffering. Chronic problem of black liberals he feels the need to be little others so he can feel like he's defending his race and this makes him feel better about himself so now he can say he's black. A simpler solution is for him to assist other blacks through volunteer work problem is that would interupt his life. Its much easier just to rant and feel like he did his part.

😊
edit on 12/28/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: GiulXainx
a reply to: THEatsking

Exactly. The professor is 100 percent correct.

I just can't believe how many people commit to and listen to racist acts, and perceive it as normal behavior. That is the issue.

Yes, like condemning an entire group of people base don their skin color and using specious logic to rationalize it!

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: 123143
I think we should all be proud of our respective races and cultures. There is nothing wrong with that. It is only natural.

The only race/culture I'm proud of being is...

Human.

When/if the aliens are met, I'll be a proud human of the planet Earth.

So you would be representative of all humans ?

I would think the aliens would be a little miffed at the hundreds of languages and complete total differences in way of life and thinking they encounter.....and pick and choose just like everyone else.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Can't the take away message here be this:

-We're always (as mere humans) going to have innate biases, despite how badly we wish we didn't.

-The best we can do is work together to put them aside

-There will always be idiots and morons who want to offend you, don't give them the pleasure

-Just be a kind, caring, understanding human being in the way you would want others to be to you

?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The reasons whites are accused of racism clogs the history books, I don't need him to tell me this.

So, what some do, surely all of that group are as well guilty of?

Huh.

Sounds to me just like the rationalization that if a person of a certain skin color, religious bent, etc committed a crime...Well, ALL others in that group must be criminals as well.

Sorry, I was raised to see value in a person for who they are and what they do. I was raised to see that we are all human beings.

I refuse to accept that I am guilty of anything..because other whites were racist.

I am not.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Don't be blaming this on white people. We have had a black President for the past 7 years. Maybe you should go to him with your plights, as he is black, and the best candidate for the job and well,....President. Average white people can do nothing about race, as some blacks dont want the race issue to end. It allows for complaining, affirmative action (minority privileges where the living receive reparations for what the dead should have gotten) and some black people hate white people so much, that they wouldn't know what to do with their time, if they didn't keep this illusory race war alive.

I know that I just get up every morning and go to work, come home and sleep, just to do it all over again the next day...I have no time to hate any race. As is with most white people. So, take this tired ol' microwaved dinner of a topic and go blame someone else..or ask your President...who is black, to do something about it. I'm tired of being blamed for crap from the 1800's, done by people I didn't know and who have long since passed on.
Grow up and accept that your life sucks, because you keep dragging the waters for dead carcasses. You're just spoiled like Feminists and others who claim to be oppressed, who use the affirmative action card over and over, like an ace card up the sleeve in a rigged poker game. Wake up, everyone is oppressed today, whites as well, by the Internetional Banking system.

Black people who shout this kind of rhetoric are just like them. If you were green, it would all be the same. Everyone's tired of hearing it, and
no one agrees with you except you, and those you have brainwashed. This is why nothings being done..because it is actually rare, with the eception of the KKK and many of the cops today, who incidentally have been infiltrated by the KKK, as was proven recently.
What you're doing is not working, so accept your fate you spoiled brats.
edit on 28-12-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: grammar

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
So he's one idiot with an opinion, not unlike many other idiots with opinions. It's a free country, he's free to say what he wishes. Along the same lines, students are free to leave his course, demand their money (or their parents' money) back and let the administration know why.

Either lots of people will walk out and the message will be received by the administration, or few will and the status quo of an already liberal institution will remain.

The rest is just hand wringing.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Imagine the Bible was true

That we were all once the same people

Look the same speak the same language
Then we built a tower to reach heavern

The tower of babal

God was displeased and changed us
Into different people with different
Languages
And because we could no longer
Understand each other we separated
And scattered our selves across the globe

Does racism really exsist
Or is it a Marxist word to devide us

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
He seems to be a small minded individual who allows himself to be used by the ones who oppress all people. Imagine what would happen if blacks white hispanics and asians turned their anger towards the ones who actually consider us people of no value but a bunch of ants.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

The belief that white racism is the elephant in the room no one wants to talk about is a lie. It's a damn lie.
In fact it's the absolute polar oposite. It's the cudgel they are beating white western people with day and night.

The real elephant in the room is the raging hate being ginned up by these vicious retarded lying social justice warriors and all thier flying monkey minions.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
What's more astonishing is how did such a imbecile become a professor to begin with ? If this is the type of a person that facilitates these institutions then it's best to drop out of high school now and save yourself the tuition kids.

I dont remember such mind numbing stupidity from my professors in Junior College even.

How does this black supremacist still have a job ? Why isn't he out burning down Black owned pizza joins to teach "the man" a lesson ?

edit on 29-12-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join