It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway now offering formal instruction to refugees that rape is wrong

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Perhaps, but the fact is that Sweden is now second IN THE WORLD for rape, directly correlated with the influx of Muslim immigrants. I'll leave causation to the experts, but any intelligent person could reason through the facts. Take the time to watch Ingrid Carlqvist's video.

The way she describes the media's concealment of this progression rings familiar in other European countries and the US.

Lastly, quoting scripture of any kind and equating religion with rape is misguided. This is a CULTURAL problem.
edit on 22-12-2015 by RoyBatty because: clarity

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I really was stunned to learn there are people walking around today that need to be taught that rape is wrong. I really have a hard time believing that someone could do something that horrible to another person and not know it is wrong. So I looked around and holy crap am I naive.

Unfortunately, you and millions of others are not necessarily naive, but you may be quite uninformed.

I have the pleasure and the sorrow of working with victims of sexual assault as a first-line responder. The frequency of this kind of assault occurs far more often than you would expect, in this day and age.

What continues to be a problem is that many people are ignorant as to what constitutes a rape. People do need to be taught what rape is, and that it is wrong.

The culture of rape is not exclusive to Muslim communities. Our schools and college campuses have a problem of their own.

Campus Rape May Be 'Worse Than We Thought,' Study Shows

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Really?

One has to explain that rape is wrong?

Where did that disconnect happen?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Islamic laws and cultural customs impact various stages of a Muslim women's life, including her education, employment opportunities, rights to inheritance, dress, age of marriage, freedom to consent to marriage, marriage contract, mahr, permissibility of birth control, divorce, sex outside or before marriage, her ability to receive justice in case of sex crimes, property rights independent of her husband, and when salat (prayers) are mandatory for her.

." Recent police statistics showed that in the capital city of Oslo, 100 percent of assault rapes between strangers were committed by immigrant, non-Western males. And nine out of 10 of their victims were native Norwegian women..
In Oslo, Norway, immigrants were involved in two out of three rape charges in 2001. The numbers in Denmark were the same, and even higher in the city of Copenhagen with three out of four rape charges.

Now causation is tricky and social study is not always simple. However, it doesn't mean you put your head in the sand and assume it's not true either.

Muslim countries with sharia law have zero rape. None. They have no rape stats at all. I think it's safe to assume in those countries they blame the victim. I think if you look at the subjugation of woman by many in the ME culture you can make an educated guess as to what's going on. However there are many more modern countries like Indonesia where Muslims don't view woman like they do in the ME and some N. African countries.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Yes good old pam geller telling us about islam, nice fail.

4 million women a year in the usa are victims of sexual violence, but good thing we have ats to tell me how bad islam is against women.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Yes good old pam geller telling us about islam, nice fail.

4 million women a year in the usa are victims of sexual violence, but good thing we have ats to tell me how bad islam is against women.

Don't know what you are talking about with Pam Geller I got most of my stuff from wiki.

I guess you don't think there is a difference between say Saudi Arabia and the US. Well that's your opinion. However human rights watch and amnesty don't see it that way.

www.hrw.org...
en.m.wikipedia.org...

We can't help people change if we pretend it doesn't exist.

You can't use a genetic fallacy if the facts are accurate. It's not Islam. Places like Indonesia are already changing as are western Muslims but if you don't think there is far more subjugation of woman in the ME your just ignoring the misery of the common person.

I do blame the US for sponsoring so many of the states who have sharia law. And yeah we have a rape problem too. However there is no denying it has increased with ME immigration to Europe. There could be many reasons including ptsd from the trauma of war but when one looks at the laws in sharia countries there is also some information to consider.

At least in the US its a crime. In Saudi Arabia for instance its the victims fault unless there is overwhelming evidence.

edit on 22-12-2015 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Funny how they don't have to tell Christian immigrants that rape is wrong.

Who would have thought?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: PresidentCamacho

Yeah but someone got raped in America therefor argument refuted. LOL

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Really?

One has to explain that rape is wrong?

Where did that disconnect happen?

The disconnect occurs when the rapist does not accept his actions as an act of rape. Few rapist admit to rape. Even fewer think they have done anything wrong.

She was just lying there naked, she didn't even try to stop me. So, it wasn't rape.

She invited me in, she knew what I wanted. So, it wasn't rape.

She was wasted out of her mind, she never said no. So, it wasn't rape.

3 other guys had already did her, she just laid there, she wanted it. So, it wasn't rape.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Personally i dont imagine Norway should admit any persons that dont know that rape is against the law, refugee or otherwise

Where are these people coming from where rape is considered to be legal??? The mind boggles!

edit on 22-12-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: PresidentCamacho

Yeah but someone got raped in America therefor argument refuted. LOL

That is always an excuse.
You've learned your deflection lessons well my friend!

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Good thing someone came along and told them rape is baaaad.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: hammanderr
White men tend to rape colored women at a minuscule rate. So, based on these numbers, if you are a white guy that supports non white immigration into your country. You are supporting the raping of women.

Man, I had A 'white' dude bragging to me not so long ago, how he'd raped some chick... But how there was nothing the police could do about it, since he didn't put a bruise on her, so there for it was he's word against her's.

I think you need to wake up and get a dose of reality, mate... It happens constantly! Its disgraceful and has nothing to do with Muslims!

How convenient that this guy confessed his crime to you in order for you to use it as an argument to back up your apologetic nonsense.

“Men have weaknesses and when they see someone smiling it is difficult to control,” [Muslim refugee Abdu Osman] Kelifa said, explaining that in his own country, Eritrea, “if someone wants a lady he can just take her and he will not be punished,” at least not by the police."

From the horse's mouth. Now is our western society anything like this? Get out of here. Literally, get out!

edit on 22-12-2015 by HardBoiled because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Rape exist everywhere on this ugly planet, but hey i cant stop you from crying wolf at how bad those muslim caveman are.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Rape exist everywhere on this ugly planet, but hey i cant stop you from crying wolf at how bad those muslim caveman are.

Nice strawman.

Actually rape doesn't exist in sharia law countries wonder how that happens.

The problem with thinking your way is you ignore the actual subjugation of woman.

Yeah there is a difference. We admit rape is crime. We don't need three men to verify it was. We allow woman to drive cara and own property. Maybe do some research before just spouting Ultra liberal ideas.

Again I said it wasn't 'Muslims" but you can't read. It's the ME culture. Muslims in Indonesia for instance don't act like this. Also most western Muslims.

Hey go ahead pretend it doesn't exist. Maybe next time I go to Abu Dhabi with my Judo students I can take you to see first hand. We can make a stop over in Saudia Arabia, Qatar, etc.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Muslim countries with sharia law have zero rape. None. They have no rape stats at all. I think it's safe to assume in those countries they blame the victim. I think if you look at the subjugation of woman by many in the ME culture you can make an educated guess as to what's going on.

I see this as one of the biggest problems.

In cultures where abuse against women is accepted as normal and condoned, there is little hope of stopping this behavior without very aggressive education, and severe penalties for the offender.

Many of the asylum seekers are not here to become citizens of their host country. For many being in their host country and dealing with the citizens, their rules, and laws, are a necessary evil they must endure as a means to survival. They are not going to embrace or follow any of the laws of their host country, that are different from their own, unless the consequences of doing so is much greater than their reward for not adhering to the laws of the host country.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Problems will never be corrected until people recognize there is a problem. It's a problem. You're not helping.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Muslim countries with sharia law have zero rape. None. They have no rape stats at all. I think it's safe to assume in those countries they blame the victim. I think if you look at the subjugation of woman by many in the ME culture you can make an educated guess as to what's going on.

I see this as one of the biggest problems.

In cultures where abuse against women is accepted as normal and condoned, there is little hope of stopping this behavior without very aggressive education, and severe penalties for the offender.

Many of the asylum seekers are not here to become citizens of their host country. For many being in their host country and dealing with the citizens, their rules, and laws, are a necessary evil they must endure as a means to survival. They are not going to embrace or follow any of the laws of their host country, that are different from their own, unless the consequences of doing so is much greater than their reward for not adhering to the laws of the host country.

It is a huge problem. I don't hate Muslims and studied Sufism for years one of my mentors in life was a Sufi and a beautiful person. He also admits the barbarism of sharia law.

There is no need to fear Muslims but there is a reason to demand our government stops giving countries money that are blatant violators of woman's rights. There is a reason to prop up the Modern Muslims changing the faith not give money to governments pitting them in jail.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Actually rape doesn't exist in sharia law countries wonder how that happens.

The same way it used to happened in every country before they changed their definition and understanding of what constitutes a rape.

It used to be that there were no reported rapes by women that were domestics or from wives.

It used to be an accepted belief that a husband can't rape his wife. It used to be accepted that if you worked for a person and they raped you, and you stayed in their employment, then the sexual was consensual.

One of the common areas of rape involve human trafficking ,and people having to endure rape as a means of staying alive.

edit on 22-12-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word edit.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Hey man keep on making stuff up, men rape women all over the world, thats the real fact, to say that muslims are the kings of rape is a joke, your all over the place trying to prove a point with no facts.

Keep up being afraid, wont change my life.

Lol at no rape in sharia law countries, fail over and over again

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join