It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Daily and UFO stories

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I wonder how much truth is included in this news story from India Daily

january 06, 2005
New Delhi is in the middle of a big secret internal debate. On one side the largest democracy of the world is eager to explain to its citizens and to the world about the ongoing contacts with the UFOs and extra-terrestrials. On the other hand there are invisible untold international protocols that prohibit doing anything that may cause worldwide fear and panic.

As usual there are no names and references and honestly I doubt in credibility of this news site.
I wouldn't put to much thought in it, but I sense strange pattern in recent articles about UFO subject.
Just for curiosity - is this carefully planned India Daily hoax, or they might tell the truth anyway?
What do you think?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
India Daily has pretty much been India's answer to The Weekly World News as of late... Any day now, I'm sure we'll see a story about "tiger boy" (bat boy is already taken)....

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
India Daily has pretty much been India's answer to The Weekly World News as of late... Any day now, I'm sure we'll see a story about "tiger boy" (bat boy is already taken)....

got your point Gazrok

Anyway - is that normal for this kind of "news" page to repeat similar story almost every day without credible source? Not having much experience in reading such news pages

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Anyway - is that normal for this kind of "news" page to repeat similar story almost every day without credible source? Not having much experience in reading such news pages

Absolutely, indeed, it's pretty much par for the course. By continually updating the story (see my Bat Boy example), they continually contribute to making it seem more and more real.

As you mentioned though, the failure to name names, and no other independent confirmation of ANY of this from other news or even other UFO sites (aside from using India Daily as the source)...pretty much shows itself to be a hoax.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Yup, I suspect a hoax too. I think this web site is vying to become India's main paranormal news site like Russia's Pravada. However, there does appear to be some kind of UFO activity in India, and I think this web site is using this as a base and sensationallizing and fabricating stories.

However, considering that this is not an established news site and not many people have heard of it. I don't think this is a one off hoax that they will admit later. I doubt they have much readership anyway.

Which must mean that it's just trying to establish itself as India's only paranormal news site. It's already on my black-list.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
Yup, I suspect a hoax too. I think this web site is vying to become India's main paranormal news site like Russia's Pravada.

For one, I think that pravda has much more credibility then IndiaDaily. However, as you said, where's smoke there's fire. Something is going down in India. Is indiadaily just one more hoax in a row, is it trying to cover something up or someone indeed has serious info, that remains to be seen.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Pravda is more like National Enquirer....whereas India Daily is like Weekly World News...

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzgul
I wouldn't put to much thought in it, but I sense strange pattern in recent articles about UFO subject.

I don't usually take these reports too seriously but I keep an open mind. What made my ears prick up was last night on the news they said that the Indian governent had actually declined offers of aid.. and they had said they would donate to other countries instead. With such a tragedy I didn't think they would be in much of a position to refuse it when their people need it.. unless they have reason to minumalise international ties right now. It does give me the impression they are hiding something as I've never heared of countries turning down help.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

I don't usually take these reports too seriously but I keep an open mind. What made my ears prick up was last night on the news they said that the Indian governent had actually declined offers of aid.. and they had said they would donate to other countries instead. With such a tragedy I didn't think they would be in much of a position to refuse it when their people need it.. unless they have reason to minumalise international ties right now. It does give me the impression they are hiding something as I've never heared of countries turning down help.

You read my mind

There was also on the news that India doesn't want any foreign aircrafts in their space

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

You read my mind

Wrong forum.

There was also on the news that India doesn't want any foreign aircrafts in their space

NOW this is getting interesting!
An actual conspiracy!
It would be pretty hard to say no to having aircrafts flown in to drop food and meds to the dieing and destitute. Why are suddenly playing shy?

It's a very high price to pay.. depends on the 'alternative' I guess.

[edit on 6-1-2005 by riley]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Well actually, India's denial to receive foreign aid was nothing unusual. The indian government has an unwritten rule to decline foreign countries' offers for assistance in such matters. (NGOs are always allowed though).
Kind of makes them look weak in the eyes of the public, I guess.
In any case, the actual damage to India was not really all that much when compared to the other countries.
They were pretty capable of dealing with it.

As for India Daily, I heard about it only in this forum. And I am Indian

My usual source for news on india is www.timesofindia.com ,It's India's no.1 newspaper and is extremely reliable.

The only UFO story I found on that site is this
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Well actually, India's denial to receive foreign aid was nothing unusual. The indian government has an unwritten rule to decline foreign countries' offers for assistance in such matters. (NGOs are always allowed though).
Kind of makes them look weak in the eyes of the public, I guess.
In any case, the actual damage to India was not really all that much when compared to the other countries.
They were pretty capable of dealing with it.

Yep, and I'm sure they're assuming that the aid often comes with some strings attached. Likewise, they're still a little paranoid with Pakistan, so the idea of Pakistan's allies flying overhead isn't very acceptable to them I'd wager....

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

By that logic, Indonesia and Sri Lanka are also hiding something. As they've refused foreign military aircraft as well. I am going to for the mundane explanation and presuppose that the reason these sovereign countries do not want foreign aircraft in their region is because they don't want them violating their space and believe it to be unnecessary.

Further, India has refused the aid, simply because it has enough economic muscle(GDP: 3.3 trillion) to cope on it's own and also help the other devestated countries.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
By that logic, Indonesia and Sri Lanka are also hiding something. As they've refused foreign military aircraft as well.

Actually.. no they haven't.. aus have been flying aid over since the get go [especially indonesia].

Further, India has refused the aid, simply because it has enough economic muscle(GDP: 3.3 trillion) to cope on it's own and also help the other devestated countries.

India has since changed it's stance and has decided to accept help after all.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
As far as I know from a news item I saw yesterday. Indonesia and Sri Lanka have refused certain kinds of help involving foreign/US military troop deployment and aircraft.

I have not heard India is accepting help, however, if it is, it's most probably because the aid has been increased. Before, India was saying it was stingy.

[edit on 7-1-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

[India has since changed it's stance and has decided to accept help after all.

That's news to me too.
In what form has India accepted aid? Can you provide some sources for it?

Edit:

@Indigo_Child: I can't recall India calling US stingy either. The only reason (for declining aid) they quoted was that they did not need any assistance and can deal with it themselves.

[edit on 7-1-2005 by Vivek]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I saw a news tid bit saying the Indian ambassador to the US said the aid was stingy. I am not sure if it was a rumour or not, but I think part of the reason India rejected it, was because it was peanuts. It's not peanuts anymore accumulatively.

Oh, and India has accepted international aid offers but only for rehab operations. It has rejected the relief aid.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   
India has accepted aid only from international institutions, like the UN or IMF. Donations from private individuals or from NGOs were always accepted.

Anyway, India Daily:India as National Enquirer:US. Its nothing more than a tabloid.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Vivek, The link you provided does no longer exist.... is that for a reason? Maybe because they are more creditable. When was the last time you visited that site? Otherwise, in Short form, what did they have to say on this issue? Thanks

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Here we go again

Evidence of Extra-terrestrial mind control in India – like in America politicians are forced to cover up :

In spite of thousands of UFO sightings all over the world, the fact never comes out in public. India is no exception in this matter. While a secret debate is on whether to reveal the truth, there are evidence of application of mind control techniques of Indian politicians.

India Daily again

I'm not going to comment this one -decided to post here in this thread all those articles, so it will be easy to see how the story is developing

I leave judging to you

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join