It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Think There Will be a Planet Discovery

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: OhOkYeah

I haven't read about it before dreaming! What is so bloody hard to understand?

I should have never written this thread.

I don't think anyone is accusing you of cheating here or being dishonest. But the fact is that your consciousness is subject to recall failure all the time. The subconscious doesn't forget anything, but the conscious part just remembers what's relevant to survival, its how we evolved.

So for instance, if you decide to go to a bar, you consciously decide which bar to go to, but your subconscious is the thing making you want a drink in the first place. Its been said that the subconscious controls around 90% of our actions.

So when you had your dream, it is entirely possible that your subconscious heard the details of Wolf 1061, on the radio, TV as background noise and then relayed that information back to you as a dream. Your conscious mind and its associated recall would not even have been aware of this

What you can consciously decide on right now is what's more likely
That you over heard something that you don't consciously remember
or that you have psychic mind powers which give you a 24 hour head start on the general media

p.s. the announcement not turning up until the 17th in the general news is the way that scientific announcements are normally made
The science papers report them as they are informed
The gutter press reports about it after reading it in the science papers (only if they think it has public interest)

So if you are not always reading the science papers, a lot of discoveries just pass you by.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalAbyss
a reply to: swanne

So how about you grasping to make it feel real because it was discovered beyond pluto. I think even a fith grader knows that there are no planets to be found before pluto

Actually that is uncertain. Tere are evidences that big planets might exist in our solar system and beyond Pluto.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk
it is entirely possible that your subconscious heard the details of Wolf 1061, on the radio, TV

the announcement not turning up until the 17th in the general news is the way that scientific announcements are normally made
The science papers report them as they are informed
The gutter press reports about it after reading it in the science papers (only if they think it has public interest)

I think you just answered your own question. If scientific discoveries wait a day before getting broadcasted to TV and radio, then surely you realize that this means there is no way I could have heard it on TV and radio the 16th.

edit on 20-12-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Syllar
do you remember any more details besides the rings? maybe colors? Or some kind of feeling? (probably too much time as passed too remember anything else).

I have protanopia so I can't say for sure about the colour. But I remember that as I was watching the globe from afar, there were marble-like lines on it, quite similar to this:

The feeling surrounding the image was the general excitement usually associated with a new discovery, so this is how I guessed it was a new planet. The ring looked like two fuzzy patches on each sides of the planet - one towards the star (which I didn't get to see) and one towards the other way.

Other than that I can't remember anything else.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I think you just answered your own question. If scientific discoveries wait a day before getting broadcasted to TV and radio, then surely you realize that this means there is no way I could have heard it on TV and radio the 16th.

Not to TV and Radio, to the press, the internet is a reflection of the real world press, which has a 24 hour delay because it takes that long to line up the non essential news. This is why the news appeared in all the science journals on the 16th, but not the civilian news until the 17th

TV and Radio, they read it out as it happens depending on their sources

But I see you have convinced yourself that you have psychic powers
Good luck with that

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk
the news appeared in all the science journals on the 16th, but not the civilian news until the 17th

TV and Radio, they read it out as it happens depending on their sources

So TV and Radio are not civilian?

BTW I am not convinced that I have "psychic powers" (whatever thast means) - in fact you are the very first one to bring up the term in all the thread.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Swanne, you wrote that (I'm paraphrasing) you had three prior dream events about imminent announcements of planet discoveries. The one you describe in this thread is the fourth. What was the time frame for the first three, meaning how close together were they before this latest one?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie
What was the time frame for the first three, meaning how close together were they before this latest one?

My first dream was in January, then I had two dreams about a week apart in early September. Finally, my fourth one was (as you already know) the 17th of December.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie
What was the time frame for the first three, meaning how close together were they before this latest one?

My first dream was in January, then I had two dreams about a week apart in early September. Finally, my fourth one was (as you already know) the 17th of December.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Since February this year, Kepler has discovered over 1200 planets, which averages out as one new planet every two days

So you should probably go and have that dream again

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join