It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump declared 'third time loser' by Scotland after failing to block windfarm

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Donald Trump's legal challenge to a planned offshore wind farm has been rejected by the UK's Supreme Court.

Developers hope to site 11 turbines off Aberdeen, close to Mr Trump's golfing development on the Aberdeenshire coast.

The US businessman and presidential hopeful was taking on the Scottish government, which approved the plan.

The Trump Organisation said it was an "extremely unfortunate" ruling and it would "continue to fight" the wind farm proposal.

Former First Minister Alex Salmond said the latest court verdict left Mr Trump a "three-time loser".

So Trump fails yet again trying to rob a country of £200m because it will 'spoil his view' - despite him having already built a wall around his course and into peoples houses because that's his answer to everything.

Can't believe this guy is actually taken seriously by anyone, he can't even file the correct papers for planning permission, let alone run a country.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
Can't believe this guy is actually taken seriously by anyone, he can't even file the correct papers for planning permission, let alone run a country.

Not that I am a huge fan of Trump but to imply that he somehow personally filed the wrong paperwork is disingenuous. That responsibility would be on the organization's legal and real estate teams.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Not that I am a huge fan of Trump but to imply that he somehow personally filed the wrong paperwork is disingenuous. That responsibility would be on the organization's legal and real estate teams.

I think it's a safe bet that whomever it was that filed the wrong paperwork got the ol' "yah fired" line.

I can't believe he's taken seriously either, but I can't believe people actually think it was him sitting at a computer writing a brief.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion
This sort of thing scares me when I think of him being the POTUS. He is hot headed. What would he do if he were prez? I can imagine all sorts of conflict of interests with him being POTUS and trying to run a huge company.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
I can imagine all sorts of conflict of interests with him being POTUS and trying to run a huge company.

He would be required to relinquish day to day control of the organization if elected President.

Also, we have conflict of interest with every single politician we elect.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Ya'll just love talking about Trump.

Upcoming threads on ATS:

"Trump Passes Gas"

"My Tree-Stump Looks Like Trump And It's Offending Me"

"Man With Toupee Mistaken For Trump, Called Racist"

PS - Wind doesn't really work long term so the jokes on them.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I just meant with him being so hot headed. He seems like he would rather be a leader of a dictatorship than a democracy. We have conflict of interests with our politicians in Canada too.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

What would he do if he were prez? I can imagine all sorts of conflict of interests with him being POTUS and trying to run a huge company.

It couldn't be worse that those we've had so far, right? The only difference is he, hopefully, can't be bought, like the rest have been.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
this only failed because the establishment is rigging the game against trump,wake up people
the uk politicians and legal system are corrupt

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That could be applied to obama too. Everyone hates on him for all these different things. But it can all be blamed on people below him.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
this only failed because the establishment is rigging the game against trump,wake up people
the uk politicians and legal system are corrupt

Wake up... It should be rigged against the super rich. They should not get their way. Why would you want hitler 2.0 to have his way?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Aberdeen: Robert Gordon University strips Trump of honorary degree
edit on 16 12 2015 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

So much for his insurmountable deal making skills and his ability to get things done.

Reminds me of his lawsuit against the NFL for having a monopoly that wouldn't allow Trump's USFL to exist.

He won big! I think he was awarded $1 in damages, times three because the law allowed for treble damages. So he won and got three dollars for his effort.

And I don't have to tell you what a successful venture the USFL turned out to be.

Blow-hard extraordinaire!
edit on 16-12-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: snypwsd
That could be applied to obama too. Everyone hates on him for all these different things. But it can all be blamed on people below him.

I would agree that many policies are generated by subordinates but to claim that all his decisions are someone else's fault are not accurate.

edit on 16-12-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Donald Trump's legal challenge to a planned offshore wind farm has been rejected by the UK's Supreme Court.

Developers hope to site 11 turbines off Aberdeen, close to Mr Trump's golfing development on the Aberdeenshire coast.

The US businessman and presidential hopeful was taking on the Scottish government, which approved the plan.

The Trump Organisation said it was an "extremely unfortunate" ruling and it would "continue to fight" the wind farm proposal.

Former First Minister Alex Salmond said the latest court verdict left Mr Trump a "three-time loser".

So Trump fails yet again trying to rob a country of £200m because it will 'spoil his view' - despite him having already built a wall around his course and into peoples houses because that's his answer to everything.

Funny, six or seven months ago, you wouldn't have cared and this wouldn't have been news. Good to see his every move, and his team's every move haunts your mind though. Keep that head in the sand.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I just meant with him being so hot headed. He seems like he would rather be a leader of a dictatorship than a democracy. We have conflict of interests with our politicians in Canada too.

when you own an entire company, you are the dictator of it.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
You mean the scottish actually can write and argue something and sound sober?(joke joke no offense meant ok boyo?)

A wind farm in Scottland. Is there enough wind to even justify it?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Not sure why everyone is talking so much about Trump and not about who the Dems are going to nominate? Trump is an open book. The Dems leading candidate stored top secret documents on a unsecured mail server in a closet!

Trump is not hot headed he simply speaks his mind when appropriate and the masses are used to simply promises. You should watch all the presidential debates, on both sides, to see who our next leader of the country will be and so you can make an informed vote.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
a reply to: superman2012

What would he do if he were prez? I can imagine all sorts of conflict of interests with him being POTUS and trying to run a huge company.

It couldn't be worse that those we've had so far, right? The only difference is he, hopefully, can't be bought, like the rest have been.

can't be bought?....geez, that should go without saying for any presidential candidate....how low can the qualifications go to become president?....

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Not sure why everyone is talking so much about Trump and not about who the Dems are going to nominate? Trump is an open book. The Dems leading candidate stored top secret documents on a unsecured mail server in a closet!

Trump is not hot headed he simply speaks his mind when appropriate and the masses are used to simply promises. You should watch all the presidential debates, on both sides, to see who our next leader of the country will be and so you can make an informed vote.

she was the sec. of state for god's sake.....she kept lots of secrets....and there is still no proof that she stored "top secret documents on an unsecured mail server in her closet".....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join