It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starring posts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Hmm, folks, I'm having trouble starring posts. I hover over the star and click but it doesn't "take" as it were. I've tried refreshing the page but to no avail.

I have had this before and a refresh worked but today it appears to be much more prevalent. I'm using Chrome at the moment.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
It happens to me when my internet connection is sluggish, is everything loading slow by any chance? What happens to me more often is when I'm on my smart phone and I'm scrolling I sometimes star posts by mistake.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Not slowly per se - more "jittery" I would say. As in it will sometimes load a page like a rocket then next time come back with a network error. Seems to be only ATS that's affected but then I am on the other side of the pond...

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

Happens from time to time just on ats also for me, could be the amount of traffic affecting the servers maybe!?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I too have been noticing a lot of jitteriness on ATS lately. I even had my keyboard go crazy once, just typing letters at a run away speed.

I laughingly told myself that I had been hacked and someone had attached a keystroker to my system.

I thought it was just me and my system, nice to know it is not just my imagination.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I sometimes have an issue starring posts if the star is too close to the top of the page, if I scroll down so it's towards the middle it tends to resolve the issue.

I have my browser zoomed in so I get a full screen of ats without the side bars and I think this may be the cause, are you zoomed in?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

No, no problem with stars near the top of the page (and now, incidentally, my starring powers have been restored to me). I'm also not zoomed in. Think I'll just put it down to the ghost in the machine

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Since we are on the subject...

I am the only one who has less stars than posts, does that basically mean that...I suck?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

edit on 16-12-2015 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

What?
😐

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
Since we are on the subject...

I am the only one who has less stars than posts, does that basically mean that...I suck?

As I write this you have 2 more stars than you have posts, that is still an average of 1 star per post so you are at best average

You can get 100 stars for a funny post or generalisation and a relavant comment in the topic in hand may not recieve a single one, as long as you feel you have made a valid contribution you are winning.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Now and then I have problems too with stars not taking. Working fine for me today so far.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

People must have gone and liked some of my older posts to make me feel better about myself.

Thanks so much, so thoughtful

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Stars don't take for me either. My internet is fine. The site is not sluggish. I star, and the star fills in green, but if I refresh and come back I can re-star, and the previous star has not taken, I take notice of where my star would be or count how many there are before and it never takes. After a few tries I give up and sometimes an obscenity flies through my head.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: C84K2

Stars don't take for me either. My internet is fine. The site is not sluggish. I star, and the star fills in green, but if I refresh and come back I can re-star, and the previous star has not taken, I take notice of where my star would be or count how many there are before and it never takes. After a few tries I give up and sometimes an obscenity flies through my head.

exactly the same thing happens to me.
drives me nuts.

join